Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
captainamerica

Question about Karma and Day Trading Stocks( Leo ? :-)

14 posts in this topic

Hi Leo,

You said on this forum that "Trading stocks and currency is super dangerous. Because fundamentally you aren't offering any value. You are just trying to be a leech. So karma will get you."

What if I offer some kind of value. I have a lot of connections and mentees already...I can easily get 50-100 mentees and coach them on a 1-on-1 basis on how to make money from the stock market so that they can be financially independent too.1 hour daily chat + live trading and 1 hour 1-on-1 guidance per member per month to guide them to their success. Will do it for free. Can do the above really competently because I consistently make money and have really solid metrics (as verified by industry veterans that I connected with and paid for their mentorship)

I am not doing it just for the sake of earning positive karma or offsetting the negative karma as suggested in what you said above, I really mean to do it.

I have 2 questions:

1. Will my above attempt to provide value offset significantly or overpower that negative karma you suggested in what you said or it won't?

2. Any other way you think I can add/provide value while day trading?

If I am making an error I am genuinely willing to correct myself but I really need some advice.

Thank you for reading!

P.S. I do not really want to do day trading forever or even long-term...just need some capital to express my ideas and build a product ( which provides value ) and having a fall back plus a source of income and capital while building an MVP and experiment with my idea(s)...

23 minutes ago, Shiva said:

The karma one accumulates cutting a person open to kill him and the karma one accumulates cutting a person open because he is a surgeon are very different.

The action is the same. The consequence may be the same. But the intention is different.

So, when it comes to karma, what matters is the intention.

If you genuinely want to help people and you really believe that what you teach them will actually improve their lives, I don't think you will have karma issues.

@Shiva Thank you for your time and advise, it really helps :-)

Why are you so keen on helping someone directly? This is not the only option to help the world. Actually, it's a kind of inefficient way. If your goal is not to become a coach, then forget about it.

Put your focus on earning more money. Then put that money into developing a product that is meaningful, or give it to a non-profit organization that will make good use of it. I know a couple that earns six-figures a year, they live on $10-20k and donate the rest.

That applies if you really want to start a career in finance. Any "make money quick" scheme that involves trading stocks is a rather unwise idea to pursue.

Edited by Girzo

Whatever you believe, you make it real. It is up to you to give any thing, thought its strength

Just now, captainamerica said:

@non_nothing About our LOA workshop...

I have prepared the necessary materials and documents and I have them in my google drive. Is it allowed to take emails of the 2-3 people who were interested previously so that I can share it with them?

If it is not allowed then I won't...

I am not the site admin or moderator you can always ask for them and I'd be glad to receive your copy of work anytime. Thanks

On 1/6/2019 at 3:55 AM, Girzo said:

Why are you so keen on helping someone directly? This is not the only option to help the world. Actually, it's a kind of inefficient way. If your goal is not to become a coach, then forget about it.

Put your focus on earning more money. Then put that money into developing a product that is meaningful, or give it to a non-profit organization that will make good use of it. I know a couple that earns six-figures a year, they live on $10-20k and donate the rest.

That applies if you really want to start a career in finance. Any "make money quick" scheme that involves trading stocks is a rather unwise idea to pursue.

@Girzo It is not really quick ,overnight or easy ...:S nowhere close to it...

Thank you for sharing your approach...

Some people have self important or moralistic perceptions of their own life choices in comparison to others, don't let those people's attitudes influence how you perceive your own choices. If you don't intend to harm others and your actions bring as little harm to yourself and others as you can reasonably do then just find your way and be at peace with it.

@captainamerica There is a deeper problem here. If daytrading offers no value, setting yourself up as a trainer of daytraders is just doubling down on the problem, you see? You are effectively creating a pyramid scheme. The whole point of a pyramid scheme is that it takes a product or service of no genuine value and makes it appear to have short-term value by convincing other people that it has value.

If you realize that daytrading has little to no value, why are you positioning yourself to teach it to other people? You just geometrically multiplied your bad karma. It's as if I told you that robbing people's houses created bad karma so you come back to me and say, "What if I don't do any robbing myself but instead I train hundreds of people how to rob houses?" Lol

Go create something which you know offers massive genuine value for mankind. Teach that!

Do you really want to spend your precious time on this Earth teaching daytrading? Is that what you want your life to be remembered as: the daytrading guy? Is that really the best thing you can think of?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@d0ornokey Do you want "arbitrage" written on your tombstone? Then why are you doing it?

Do stuff that you would feel proud to have written on your tombstone.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@captainamerica There is a deeper problem here. If daytrading offers no value, setting yourself up as a trainer of daytraders is just doubling down on the problem, you see? You are effectively creating a pyramid scheme. The whole point of a pyramid scheme is that it takes a product or service of no genuine value and makes it appear to have short-term value by convincing other people that it has value.

If you realize that daytrading has little to no value, why are you positioning yourself to teach it to other people? You just geometrically multiplied your bad karma. It's as if I told you that robbing people's houses created bad karma so you come back to me and say, "What if I don't do any robbing myself but instead I train hundreds of people how to rob houses?" Lol

Go create something which you know offers massive genuine value for mankind. Teach that!

Do you really want to spend your precious time on this Earth teaching daytrading? Is that what you want your life to be remembered as: the daytrading guy? Is that really the best thing you can think of?

@Leo Gura Thank you so much for taking the time to answer!

I see the problem and will act accordingly :-)

Last question.

I intend to give value to people in another field that I love (related to personal development and growth). I am one of the best in that (narrow,specific) subject as verified by industry veterans and have comprehended about 6500 hours worth of content + research and later verified my ideas and what I learned by giving real-world ideas to those who can implement them for me and also applied them on me (and some of my close friends ...) . It works  !

My main intention is to "stand on my own feet" so that I can start providing value to the world (I mean I will already start it but I do need some capital for the expenses and early-stage growth/momentum) ...Is it all right if I do day trading to keep up with with the expenses while doing so? 

I also do not have any other way to get capital for this project of mine for the next 5-10 years and if I wait the opportunity cost would be very, very significant.

Edited by captainamerica

You should find what's genuine for you. You can't just go and say "blackholes are assholes because they suck all galaxies in" they're just blackholes and thus they're genuine to themselves. The same thing applies here. Economics are the one of the most complex and misunderstood things. It's not easy to understand and manipulate massive amounts of popularity and make profit of it. This is actually a living thing. But the misunderstood thing is that people have no idea about "money", never truly made research why we did come up with paper money and in fact even they did it, they just "intellectually" understood it. In this world, you cannot define absolute VALUE, people and their opinions create the value around some object. And it is the art of seeing this. If this thing is truly genuine for you, then proceed with becoming a trader. Trading in essense, is a complex and very skillful thing. But nowadays we confuse it with gambling and luck. Although luck and fate is necessary but not fully depending on it. People have this idea of "becoming rich millionaire" thus this path gives so much credit to their ego to pursue on this path although very few people truly knows what is money in its essence.

16 hours ago, captainamerica said:

My main intention is to "stand on my own feet" so that I can start providing value to the world (I mean I will already start it but I do need some capital for the expenses and early-stage growth/momentum) ...Is it all right if I do day trading to keep up with with the expenses while doing so? 

I also do not have any other way to get capital for this project of mine for the next 5-10 years and if I wait the opportunity cost would be very, very significant.

The universe has no rules. You are free to do whatever.

Survival is often messy and dirty. If you can actually use this opportunity to help awaken mankind, then that would be wise to do, otherwise what's the alternative for you?

But be careful not to fall into the trap of using a noble purpose to justify all sorts of selfish behavior, the way that cults like to do. That comes with a high karmic cost.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The universe has no rules. You are free to do whatever.

Survival is often messy and dirty. If you can actually use this opportunity to help awaken mankind, then that would be wise to do, otherwise what's the alternative for you?

But be careful not to fall into the trap of using a noble purpose to justify all sorts of selfish behavior, the way that cults like to do. That comes with a high karmic cost.

@Leo Gura Thank you very much for the valuable insights and warning. 

Thank you for responding :)