IuliannaSalamandra

Emotional attachment and depression

6 posts in this topic

I want to talk about my problem. First of all I want to tell about myself. I am 17 y.o. girl and I live with my family.
I'm interested in psychology, spirituality, personal development. I'm trying to be real with people and with myself. I feel myself terrible.
I decided to take a gap year before college and it was a bad decision. But I've been going to the gym every day. I felt pretty good here, but something went wrong. I "fell in love"with fitness instructor and she is a woman. It's happened to me in before. I had emotional attachment to teachers in my school. I had depression and anxiety because of it.
Now I realize that I have emotional attachment to my fitness instructor because of childhood trauma. When I was a child I had selective mutism +problems with health. I was unable to communicate with my classmates and teachers. I was able to communicate only with my family. I was very shy and my classmates never understood me. I was bullied. Kids hated and judged me. I was very lonely and isolated. Also I never had good relations with my mother and grandma. My father never lived with and he doesn't care about me.
Now I feel that I don't have a reason to wake up. My life is absolutely empty and I am tired of this. I can't go to the gym anymore, because my family can't afford it, but I don't have money and unable to work. But I am very attached to this place and to person in this place. I always have obsessive thoughts about this woman and I always want to see her. I am not interested in life,because I feel powerless.
I am very lonely. I don't have friends and can't normally communicate with people. I am lying in my bed all day . I have internet addiction and eating disorder. I eat to much and I can't stop it. I am tired of all coping mechanisms. I feel like I am absolutely depended on my family. I feel like I am depended emotionaly on woman from the gym. I tried to find a hobby, to find some friends,to meditate, but it led my to pain and dissapointment. I don't want to live life like this. But maybe I deserve to live such a miserable life. I don't know, I just can't handle this shit anymore.Sorry for my english. 

@IuliannaSalamandra Take it easy. It seems like you’ve dug yourself a rather deep trench. It will take some work to get yourself out of there.

I advise you to buy the book ‘Loving What Is.’ It talkes about a shadow work technique known as The Work. Take it up as a practice. Do it every day.

Also, try watching this video for starters:

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Your issue is simple, common, overthinking.

Educate yourself and practice, just like everyone else.

this is so true. I have social anxiety, and my issues always flare up intensely when im not doing anything/procrastinating. Like when i "zone out" in school my mind automatically starts overthinking, looking for things to pick on (that person just looked at me, what does that mean, do i have a burger in my nose?). I guess the mind is built to analyze stuff and stay active (dont use it and you lose it) so when your not using it, it starts to look at other things to analyze (in our case overanalyze :D  ) 

So firstly you should start being present with what your doing as much as possible (reading/workingout/nature walks/etc)

However you need to address the reason why the mind wants to wander in the first place and overanalyze. This is something that therapy can fix best. It literally rewires your brain. The second best thing is Self inquiry stuff like Byron Katies work as @How to be wise said, if therapy isnt currently an option. (but i think the only way to get to the bottom of the mommy issues is through therapy). Writing out your feelings in a journal or drawing them out daily helps too. 

On 1/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, IuliannaSalamandra said:

I tried to find a hobby, to find some friends,to meditate, but it led my to pain and dissapointment.

going through pain is the hardest thing ever but it if you accept it,see it for what it is, and try to face the pain head on (by therapy/the work/journaling) it will lead to happiness.

I wish you the best of luck <3. You are not alone. 

Dear IuliannaSalamand,

You are being too harsh on yourself. Don't let this type of negativity control you. You are worth all of the happiness in this world like everyone else. It's natural what you are suffering from, these things happen to teenagers like you because of the hormonal changes. That doesn't mean it's abnormal. It is completely normal and happens with every teenager. The difference is that some are able to cope with it and some are not. But you have to be strong and if you want you can consult this psychic, Martine voyance online. She will help you and give solutions to your problems. Go to her official website (http://www.martine-voyance.com/). All the best girl.

the way I see it attachment is like a tall building . if the building is old the tallness of this building will only make you fall harder. its so much like hope which makes you hurt so much more -attachment styles has described all types. a balance or skill is required when facing attachment to be able to let go of things that matter not. 

Edited by not_attached

We can only advise you so much. Find a way to afford therapy and go regularly. Read books outside of therapy like those on Leo's book list, and develop a strong yoga or meditation practice. I recommend yoga because it tones the body which makes you more attractive and makes you feel better about yourself, and you can do it at home with free programs on YouTube. Even if you don't get a therapist, take your healing into your own hands. You need to develop a strong conceptual framework through reading high quality books. That will teach you where to put your focus and what questions to ask to get the best answers and results in life.

Realize that you cannot heal overnight, because you didn't get fragmented overnight. This will take time. If you do a little bit more work on yourself each day, that is good and that is enough. Do your best and let the chips fall where they may.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games