hikmatshiraliyev

Is it okay to use different meditation techniques?

6 posts in this topic

I use meditation technique which Leo explained in "How to meditate deeper" video, stage 2. But now, i want to practice mindfulness meditation, because i daydream a lot. Should i use them both? 

This is a life long practice! So, you need to invest years into experimenting with different techniques.

However, if you feel like you can't commit to any particular technique, try to stick to just a few which work for you.

And if still, you find you can't even pick just a few, do however many as you like. But do it with complete involvement, and once you meet your `soul mate` technique, get down on your knees and marry it ;)

Good luck

You probably should be meditating twice a day anyway because you’re daydreaming so much. You can also do two in one session ofcourse, one to get quiet and one to go deep for example. 

If you're serious about practicing, you should be trying a wide arrange of techniques and be very aware of how they effect you individually.

https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

Try a few, try them in the same meditation session if youd like, you are responsible for your own growth and knowing which techniques work on you best is something that only you can be aware of 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

You must do different techniques and become better at them over time

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@hikmatshiraliyev I think you should experiment with different techniques until you find ‘the one.’ Then just focus on that.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie