MM1988

Mindfucked by Reality

2 posts in this topic

I remember ever since I was a young teenager I get these very lucid moments for about 10 minutes out of nowhere where it suddenly for no reason dawns on me that reality is real. Then you look around and you are totally mindfucked by how this is even possible, how you are even alive. But Its not really a peaceful moment, its like something big just dawned on you and you are really confused about what reality even is.

But then of course you think "so what are you gonna do about it anyway?" and you get back to living your life. I noticed I get these more since I do yoga, mostly outside of the practice at random moments.

Does this have anything to do with spirituality or is it just a brain quirk like a deja-vu?

My guess is that everyone has these moments, but I didnt really talk about it with anyone, because what are they gonna say? Everyone knows of course its a mindfuck but when the gut feeling is not there its just thoughts in your head. Like right now, I can write this down but I dont feel the reality of the situation like that right now, but I had a moment like that yesterday.

Edited by MM1988

Mine is more like being mindfucked by the reality of the present moment. Like I am just coasting through life, and in that brief moment I feel like I am actually THE doer in my life, whereas the rest of the time I feel like a spectator at the back seat of an empty movie theater. This feeling can be triggered by me repeatedly saying to myself "this is happening right now". And I wake from this dream for a second. This often happens if I do something active, like playing sports.    

Edited by Adilbek