Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chives99

Kinda feel like most people dont get what lifes about

3 posts in this topic

I know this sounds arrogant and conceited, but everywhere I look people are just sucked into pop culture and mindless entertainment , talking about justin bieber or talk shows or some new fad. Whenever I visit back home I see my family stuck in front of the tv watching the same old soap operas. My housemates love deep conversations about spirituality, humanity and life etc, but seems more orange spirituality like they engage in it if they found it entertaining. Rather disillusioned by dating, my self actualization development and spiritual interests are not compatible with their lives, they rather just go through the motions of what everyone else is doing working for tomorrow only to come home and do the same mind numbing stuff everyone else is doing. Then theirs women who preach about spirituality on their bio to seem cool, but if you mentioned it , it soon becomes clear they dont care about it at all or know anything about. I've met a few women that were into deeper topics and interests but they didnt agree with psychedelics and thought of me as  druggie waster if i planned a trip.

I feel as I delve deeper in spirituality and self actualization, I will become more isolated, I'm not to bothered about it, I don't need anyone and still enjoy going out to learn about people and myself,but I can't just stand by and get sucked into this unconscious rat race. Can they not see they're going to be dead soon, they'll blink twice and they'll be sitting in a nursing home wondering where all those years went.

My great uncle was a quiet man, I assume he probably has mild autism like me, but it wasnt a known 'thing' back then. He started to open up to me in hospital in his last year that he'd wished he'd taken so many opportunities, i asked him what his biggest regret was and he said " all my life  I never felt truly myself, like I was just following what was expected of me, back in my day people were close enough to being forced to get married , pressured to have children and work endlessly to maintain all that and if you didn't follow that, you be an outcast".

I Suppose things are better nowadays, my parents and their friends aren't trying to push me and their daughter together or work a specific job or have specific interests, but most people seem asleep.

Edited by Chives99
ee

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

Sometimes it can be a hard thing to accept there is no correct path and their path on living life is just as valid and correct as yours.

Life is about living. You can't go wrong with it. 

51 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Sometimes it can be a hard thing to accept there is no correct path and their path on living life is just as valid and correct as yours.

Life is about living. You can't go wrong with it. 

this might be correct, it’s still not easy to swim against the stream and live life differently even though it’s more awake. there are always people who try to tell us there would be a norm on how to be or what to do - and yes a lot of people just give in, to what they think is the best lifestyle. the tv tells them with every picture what this is and as the neighbor does the same, so it can’t be wrong!

@Chives99 it’s hard to see how that works and how we can’t change anything if people are not open for change. so don’t focus on changing the others and try to not focus on what they do wrong - find out about the things they do right and try to talk or do these things with them. it doesn’t mean you have to marry them, but maybe you‘ll share more valuable moments.

Edited by now is forever