Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mvpjouney

Perception vid question

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I watched the perception video Leo did about 7-8 times before I really got what he was saying. (At least I think I got it) Although what I got from the video is that perception is not actually real and that we are the small "bubble" of our larger self experiencing the whole and then seemingly forgetting that and people around us tell us we are this or that and that builds our attachments and ego and then we can't see this truth. I'm confused about how the mind/ego can be worked out of this equation though if I aim to get to a point where I can understand this truth as fact. Is the point to just completely dissolve the ego and mind and thoughts from this point until i reach that fact point? I can't help but think removing the thoughts/mind/ego will lead to a more animalistic way of life..? 

8 minutes ago, Mvpjouney said:

Hi Everyone,

I watched the perception video Leo did about 7-8 times before I really got what he was saying. (At least I think I got it) Although what I got from the video is that perception is not actually real and that we are the small "bubble" of our larger self experiencing the whole and then seemingly forgetting that and people around us tell us we are this or that and that builds our attachments and ego and then we can't see this truth. I'm confused about how the mind/ego can be worked out of this equation though if I aim to get to a point where I can understand this truth as fact. Is the point to just completely dissolve the ego and mind and thoughts from this point until i reach that fact point? I can't help but think removing the thoughts/mind/ego will lead to a more animalistic way of life..? 

Self Inquiry.

Persistently separate the subject I-thought from all the objects of perception. Inevitably, the subject will collapse when isolated like this consistently. The objective perception will go along with it.

This is how you get to live the truth of having no perception and a perceiver.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

So perceiving thoughts does carry on? The intention is to remove the "I / Me" from each thought? E.g. I need a new XYZ. But you're saying in the thoughts that come through I'm aiming to experience a situation where the thought is just "a new XYZ is needed" Is that what you mean?

14 minutes ago, Mvpjouney said:

So perceiving thoughts does carry on? The intention is to remove the "I / Me" from each thought? E.g. I need a new XYZ. But you're saying in the thoughts that come through I'm aiming to experience a situation where the thought is just "a new XYZ is needed" Is that what you mean?

When the I/Me is really gone once and for all, the perception that I/Me had, dissolves totally with it as well. One cannot withstand the absence of the other.

For discussions sake, you could say there will still be 'thoughts' floating around without a subject. But actually thoughts are not seen/experienced as thoughts are conventionally experienced. In the technical term, everything becomes/is the Self.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it. Seems very deep. I'd love to be at a stage where I could see that as fact. Must be a strange experience perceiving a thought with no I / Me involved.. Haha. It's great to have confirmation that how I saw the perception video is at least correct. I feel that dissolving the I / Me may take significantly longer :/

7 minutes ago, Mvpjouney said:

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it. Seems very deep. I'd love to be at a stage where I could see that as fact. Must be a strange experience perceiving a thought with no I / Me involved.. Haha. It's great to have confirmation that how I saw the perception video is at least correct. I feel that dissolving the I / Me may take significantly longer :/

Well that's where rigorous spiritual practices come in. It's impossible to think about what having no perception will be like. That would be more perception lol.

The only thing we can do is to bite the bullet and start putting the hours in self-inquiry salt mine. Start with Leo's recent self-inquiry video. Visit this thread if you feel that you need more explanation and discussions :) 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''