Viking

im tired of life

60 posts in this topic

I dont have any desire to grow anymore, i do that out of necessity. I dont have dreams i want to achieve. i just want to not be disturbed. sometimes i feel like i just want to stop existing (I would never consider suicide, dont worry about me)

i dont want to initiate anything, i dont want to initiate conversations with people, im ok by myself, being proactive takes too much energy, i dont want to do that.

i dont think im depressed, im not sad or anything either. im actually fine. im just tired, just want to do nothing.

and its not that i need a break, ive had a lot of vacations, i have a scheduled relaxation time in the day, im not stressed too much. i dont know why i dont want to do anything.

any ideas?

Edited by Viking

Try sitting with your eyes closed for one hour. After you open them you will feel like doing shit.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Just now, Eric Tarpall said:

Try sitting with your eyes closed for one hour. After you open them you will feel like doing shit.

thats what I thought too, what happens though is that my mind starts to go nuts and restless, though i dont want to do anything in particular after i meditate, its just that i suffer when doing nothing.

3 minutes ago, Viking said:

thats what I thought too, what happens though is that my mind starts to go nuts and restless, though i dont want to do anything in particular after i meditate, its just that i suffer when doing nothing.

Don't do anything to the point where you're exhausted from not doing anything goal oriented, usually work for me lol 

Edited by sarapr

I feel like Ive read this before... did you post something like this a few months back? Sorry if i remember incorrectly...

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I think what's going on here is that mundane normal things don't excite you anymore. Because you're desensitized. The only way to correct that is by pulling away from stimulation completely. By sitting in a dark room.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Just now, Rilles said:

I feel like Ive read this before... did you post something like this a few months back? Sorry if i remember incorrectly...

could be. those feelings arise and disappear like a pendulum. or theyre always there and im noticing them in a periodic manner. im sorry if i spam here. its just that i havent been able to solve it and i think its something with my subconscious, the way im programmed.

Just now, Eric Tarpall said:

I think what's going on here is that mundane normal things don't excite you anymore. Because you're desensitized. The only way to correct that is by pulling away from stimulation completely. By sitting in a dark room.

you may be right, i did feel huge motivation to do things after my 10 day vipassana retreat where i did nothing, but it fades away. i think its something deeper

14 minutes ago, Viking said:

I dont have any desire to grow anymore, i do that out of necessity. I dont have dreams i want to achieve. i just want to not be disturbed. sometimes i feel like i just want to stop existing (I would never consider suicide, dont worry about me)

i dont want to initiate anything, i dont want to initiate conversations with people, im ok by myself, being proactive takes too much energy, i dont want to do that.

i dont think im depressed, im not sad or anything either. im actually fine. im just tired, just want to do nothing.

and its not that i need a break, ive had a lot of vacations, i have a scheduled relaxation time in the day, im not stressed too much. i dont know why i dont want to do anything.

any ideas?

Perhaps you just don't want to do anything.  Your sociatal mind is maybe just making feel/think its a problem, since thats how these things are generally interpreted.  I went through a 1-2 phase of this.  Try letting it be and live it.  If you just stare at a wall for a hour, do it, then do what comes next with no judgement.  I did this.  Lead to an awakening lol, but can't promise that part.

Edited by Mu_

You have some sort of depression/blockage maybe, can you see a therapist? A forum cant solve everything...

Dont look at me! Look inside!

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You have some sort of depression/blockage maybe, can you see a therapist? A forum cant solve everything...

i dont know how and i dont have a lot of free time. yeah i realized the limitations of the forum some time ago :D

Just now, Charlotte said:

@Viking Do you value life?

weird question, i dont know what else is there

@Viking

1) When was the last time you ran as fast as you could and totally exhausted yourself physically?

2) When was the last time you walked on soil barefooted?

3) When was the last time you took a bath in rain?

4) When was the last time you couldn't stop laughing for 5-10 minutes until your tummy started hurting?

5) When was the last time you cried?

6) When was the last time you hugged someone deeply?

7) When was the last time you bonded with an animal from street?

8) When was the last time you lied down on a grass field?

9) When was the last time you participated in a sport?

10) When was the last time you jumped into a natural water body?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

You are in transition stage where ego is trying to stop you from growing know that you go deeper and it will be all good..edit: you are not tired of life but tired of your mind

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Wait.... so you don't want to do anything, but when you do nothing you suffer? So what do you do?

Sounds like you just need to find something fun to do.

Just do some brainstorming until you think of something that sounds fun enough to motivate you.

Skydiving? Traveling the world? Dirt Bike racing? Bowling? Martial Arts? Painting? Music?

Or maybe you're the kind of person who'd want to play Dungeons and Dragons, binge watch anime, and cosplay as a Star Wars character?

Just throwing ideas out there.

Edited by Genghis Khan

@Viking  Possibly lost connection to nature and to life. Are you maybe taking life for granted?

Listen to Preetom's questions ❤️

And maybe contemplate and visualise your death (on your death bed for example).

I know it sounds morbid but I can only speak from personal experience and it worked for me greatly. 

Do you feel ok with doing nothing ?

Do you judge yourself for not doing anything ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them