Ampresus

When my mom offers me to eat cake or chocolate, how should I respond?

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. Long before I started my journey here on actualized.org, I quit everything that is sweet and basically contains too much sugar. I quit chocolcate, candy, fizzy drink and that kind of stuff. I started to workout I think 2 years ago and even before that started the habit of only drinking water. Later on (around half a year ago) I started with only eating fruits or veggies when I am hungry (I used to eat cookies when I was hungry). These days I am eating a bit of a pomegranate every now and then and it tastes good!

The issue I face is related to all of this. Sometimes my mom, friend or sister offers me something sweet. I always say no, which leads to me holding a track record of something about 1 year without any kind of sweet stuff. Especially during the holidays they ask me if I'd want some cake or something. I am not perfect and do sometimes accept their offer, because I don't know if I should always refuse.

Now I personally think that I should always refuse. Eating healthy = priority. I am curious about what you guys think about this. Should I say yes sometimes? Like once in every month? I don't know.

Very easy. You decide in the moment. If you feel like eating it, you say yes. If you don't feel like eating it, you say no. Regardless of how you make them feel by accepting/denying their offer. At least if you want to be real and mature. If you want to be fake than do everything against your will as you wish.

Edited by Psyche_92

1 hour ago, Shroomdoctor said:

Why would you want to say yes if it goes against your values?

@Shroomdoctor Never heard of addiction to chocolate? I used to have that (I don't know if it is a real addiction, but chocolate used to play a big role in my life) and I always want to eat chocolate. I just resist it very hard when it is offered to me.

@Psyche_92 I don't care about how they feel about my decisions. I think I made clear that that eating healthy = priority. No social relationship will stop me from doing that.

Oh and about that ''deciding in the moment'': I think we can all agree that people relative to my age struggle with saying ''no'' to candy or chocolate. I am pretty young after all.

5 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

I am pretty young after all.

Don't let it become a limiting thing. You can wear an identity of hardcore young kid if you decide to.

17 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

I don't care about how they feel about my decisions. I think I made clear that that eating healthy = priority. No social relationship will stop me from doing that.

Ok

1 hour ago, Ampresus said:

I don't care about how they feel about my decisions. I think I made clear that that eating healthy = priority. No social relationship will stop me from doing that.

here's the thing... high quality social relationships are a heavy component of health.

unborn Truth

When my family offers me meat or chicken, I happily decline. Sometimes they are joking because they know I am not eating it. Let them know you don't eat sweets, it's totally fine & maybe they will be inspired lol.