Mu_

An important Non-duality cartoon

44 posts in this topic

I personally think this should be stickied for all to understand what non-duality is not.  This is a great humorous cartoon showing what can happen when non-duality is not fully understood.  I've been here before, the cartoon creator, Jeff Foster a enlightened teacher, said he was in this phase for a few years, non dual teachers Lisa Cairns and Paul Hedderman have spoken about this to. 

IF you find yourself always speaking like this brown bear or don't get what this video is pointing to, then maybe its time for a little self reflection, a warm hearted smile and a good old laugh at ourselves when you see :)

Edited by Mu_

This is an absolutely spectacular video; it should be shared throughout the whole forum ! 

good find sir! 

well done

It’s too funny! People do this in all aspects of life and it is simply the human condition after taking up certain beliefs. Not a step forward or a step backward, simply more filters for reality 

it proves you don’t need to see reality for what it is in order to be happy 

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

It’s too funny! People do this in all aspects of life and it is simply the human condition after taking up certain beliefs. Not a step forward or a step backward, simply more filters for reality 

it proves you don’t need to see reality for what it is in order to be happy 

Ya, I think I would agree.  Insightful!

How are you going to communicate about anything if you aren't speaking like either of the charecters? 

Brilliant video btw. +1 for permasticky

Amazing cartoon, thanks for sharing!

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

This thread is full with cultural bias that "you should think trees and shit are beautiful, otherwise there's something wrong with you. You are not a good or nice human if you don't hug trees and shit."

Gotta love maya. Everyone forcing you to be: 1. A human, and 2. Be in a certain way so that they like you.

Hhaha , was thinking today about dark and light, if dark is really the bad thing and light the good thing, or it is another trick.

2 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

This thread is full with cultural bias that "you should think trees and shit are beautiful, otherwise there's something wrong with you. You are not a good or nice human if you don't hug trees and shit."

Gotta love maya. Everyone forcing you to be: 1. A human, and 2. Be in a certain way so that they like you.

Is that really how you interpreted the video and this thread?  There's a subtle lack of heart in the "adviata" brown bear which I think was the intent of whats being pointed out.  Plus I think it was demonstrating how someone with self defensiveness can use the teachings to kinda detach and protect themselves and attack others beliefs in "adviata".

Edited by Mu_

2 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

This is worth contemplating.

What is being human really? Who or how is that metric system formulated?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Is that really how you interpreted the video and this thread?  There's a subtle lack of heart in the "adviata" brown bear which I think was the intent of whats being pointed out.  Plus I think it was demonstrating how someone with self defensiveness can use the teachings to kinda detach and protect themselves and attack others beliefs in "adviata".

in other words, we get the ideology and new religion of advaita

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Hahahaha, beautiful!

I feel like a lot of the replies to newbies on this forum look like this though haha

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

A human is Consciousness having a dream about that it's a human.

that makes the 'anti-human' position just another dream as well

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@Mu_ I can't see how it would be a ego defense mechanism. More like the opposite. I'm sure that the ego would prefer to feel love and think everything is beautiful and feel joy and hug trees and kiss dogs and jump around in green fields with flowers and shit instead of thinking everything sucks, is meaningless, there's only suffering, etc.

Yes the lack of heart shit is a cultural bias: "You should loooooooove and feel nice cooooosy feelings in your heeeeart." Ala hippie style.

You'd be surprised how much the ego wants to stay away from real heart and joy.  I actually changed my initial response to you since I don't like to jump to conclusions, basically I changed it to...Is that really how you interpreted the video and this thread?  There's a subtle lack of heart in the "adviata" brown bear which I think was the intent of whats being pointed out.  Plus I think it was demonstrating how someone with self defensiveness can use the teachings to kinda detach and protect themselves and attack others beliefs in "adviata".

And I wouldn't jump to conclusion that heart or lack of heart shit is cultural.  The video is also just poking fun and in good spirit.  Anyways, Happy New Year.

5 minutes ago, Cepzeu said:

Hahahaha, beautiful!

I feel like a lot of the replies to newbies on this forum look like this though haha

Bingo, and I dont feel thats actually a good thing, hopefully some of those people watch this and maybe let some of it in and let the true heart come more into light.