Patrick Lynam

432hz vs 440hz music

42 posts in this topic

If it truly was a more spiritual tone, a closer to heart tone, would you guys be able to tell 432hz apart from other frequencies in a series of tests. What if there was a test where we started from a random frequency, and played several frequencies and one or two of them was 432hz, would you be able to tell? Surely the tone would survive not only a comparion to 440hz?

@molosku I'd personally be down for such an experiment.

But I am assuming my answear is yes. I'd be able to recognize it.

2 hours ago, Patrick Lynam said:

@Aimblack  yeah i saw that video and it was what made me think it was bullshit and then i read one of the comments saying that part of the problem people have with the debate is that they think the universe is made of matter, and then i remember leo pointing out that this is a trap that people get caught in so i thought i would ask the forum 

This has nothing to do with materialism far from it. New Agers adopt spiritual language and mix it with sciency sounding stuff to create something that is close to religion. Don't let me tell you. Look at the responses from some people on this thread. If you've seen Adam's video you can clearly see that those people parrot the same talking points. Look specifically that those people lack technical depth none of them actually provided anything but assertions.

Not sure is it only me, my chakras became sensitive just by listening into solfeggio frequency

4 hours ago, ajasatya said:

there's no such thing as 432 Hz or 440 Hz or any X Hz music. it's just a single frequency.

this is how 432 Hz sound like. listening to this is HELL. don't be fooled.

music is something else. it's a combination of silence and several frequencies produced by several instruments. not just one frequency.

I'm not fooled. I use my awarness to determine this. So at the end of the day, as i said, a dormat ear is not fined tuned/sensitive enough to notice the difference. I can affirm this, because i've been in both situations. As the framerate on a screen, if one is aware enough can see the difference. 

There is a sensitivy on the awakened human many magnitudes greater than a dormant human, this is just a fact from my experience, and those awakened i know. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hellspeed the awakened and the dormant. huh, you're so sensitive and so special!

@ivankiss has already clarified my mistake. it's about the tuning of the instruments. one can tune his instrument using A as 432 Hz or 440 Hz and all the other notes will follow this adjustment by keeping the appropriate frequency ratios.

so 432\440 Hz music is not about making music with only one note. it's about the placement of the reference note (A) in the spectrum of the audible frequencies.

it's not about your sensitivity. the difference will be very clear even to untrained ears.

unborn Truth

4 hours ago, molosku said:

If it truly was a more spiritual tone, a closer to heart tone, would you guys be able to tell 432hz apart from other frequencies in a series of tests. What if there was a test where we started from a random frequency, and played several frequencies and one or two of them was 432hz, would you be able to tell? Surely the tone would survive not only a comparion to 440hz?

There's an endless amount of flaws in the design of this study.

Here's just a few correlates that will distort the result:

• Room's acoustic
  • Frequency response of the speakers
  • Distortions of the digitization, diffirently tuned instruments will produce different kinds of artifacts after digitization
  • Even if we would use acoustic instruments we would stumble upon another endless amount of obstacles like performance variation, various stuff with instrument's resonanses, different characteristics of the strings in different tunings and so on and so forth

The real problem though is that Stage Green is where some people partially regress to prerationality instead of including and transcending rationality. xD

It's like explaining to blue folks that Jesus doesn't live in the sky because he died around 2000 years ago. BUT HE DOES! I ASSURE YOU! I JUST FEEL IT!

Edited by Privet

27 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Hellspeed the awakened and the dormant. huh, you're so sensitive and so special!

I am pal, you will notice the same feeling when you will. 

@Privet

Well, I was thinking something like high quality studio headphones, studio setting and a pure sinewave to produce the frequencies.

Even if the test was done with instruments (in a studio setting), I suppose those who claim to resonate with 432hz should be able to tell the 432hz one, if it really was such an unique and special frequency?

I mean, if the recognition of 432 is so hard that the conditions need to be just right, couldn't we conclude that the whole phenomenon only works when it's made easy: a comparison with just 440hz and 432hz?

Then we would be again in the realm of "the phenomena of preference of a lower tone to a higher one vs. Its much more, its a spiritual and a more pure tone" 

Those who claimed they feel 432hz deeper/more in the heart, what kind of study you would design, that you think would be fair to both sides of this issue, and could potentially reveal wich side is right? Is it even possible? Is this topic too far beyond scienece to be made/reduced into science? 

Edited by molosku

@ajasatya Nice and simple, yup! 

This has little to nothing to do with spirituality or stages on the spiral, lol.

Nor does it have to do anything with beliefs.

It is not rocket science.

It is simply the nature of a tone. A frequeny. Vibration.

One can add to it or take away.

Going up and down the harmonic ladder.

Disharmony or dissonance is also an interesting topic.

I personally love using it in my music, often

Its hard to debate something so subjective, its like sometimes people say ”I think this song is sad” and the other person will say ”no I think its pretty hopeful”. I felt a definitive difference in 440 and 432 even before I knew about it, I actually recognized the difference when playing guitar to a song in high school. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I think if one lowers a frequency at all, it tends to sound “warmer.” I don’t think there’s anything special about 432hz; if you listen to traditional Baroque music it is tuned to 415hz and anyone could argue that music sounds warmer than modern tuning.

I also have perfect pitch though, which explains my bias towards 440hz ;)

1 hour ago, molosku said:

Well, I was thinking something like high quality studio headphones, studio setting and a pure sinewave to produce the frequencies.

Interesting, that's a good setting.

One more obstacle: relativity. If you listen one piece of music after another the impression of the first one will color the impression of the latter. So for example the lower one after a higher one may sound better for most of people or vice versa. Can beat that one with long intervals between auditions I guess.

I think this is really like the Jesus issue, you can't really prove he doesn't exist, but the majority of well-educated people would agree that it's a waste of time to try to prove that. Not entirely like that, it's possible to prove, but for me as someone who spent good seven years of my life studying music production and music in general it sounds like nonsense, and for those musical bloggers in videos in this thread.

Perception of music is a tricky shit, there's a whole phenomenon based on placebo around sound called audiophilia. People invest shit ton of money to buy some monstrously rare stereo that they convinced themselves to sound kinda warm and soft.

Edited by Privet

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Its hard to debate something so subjective, its like sometimes people say ”I think this song is sad” and the other person will say ”no I think its pretty hopeful”. I felt a definitive difference in 440 and 432 even before I knew about it, I actually recognized the difference when playing guitar to a song in high school. 

At the end of the day is experience. If it helpes then that is the whole point :) 

Can anyone recommend me some videos on YouTube/albums that you guys are listening to while meditating? I've just started listening to these today and I'm trying to figure out which ones are worth listening to.

“Alpha waves in the human brain are between 6 and 8 hertz. The wave frequency of the human cavity resonates between 6 and 8 hertz. All biological systems operate in the same frequency range. The human brain’s alpha waves function in this range and the electrical resonance of the earth is between 6 and 8 hertz. Thus, our entire biological system — the brain the the earth itself — works on the same frequency. If we can control that resonate system electronically, we can directly control the entire mental system of humankind.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Binaurals require headphones for optimal effect. If you do not have try look for Monaural or Isochronic tones/beats.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Patrick Lynam

I am a 15 years music producer and 5 years in meditation practice.432Hz is calming for brain for sure..what ever i do i always output my music to 432..so its not nonsense..

non sense, slavery music, dubstep is my calm

Edited by Aeris