Drugs are not the anwser

18 posts in this topic

Shortcuts in life don't exist.

Ask ram dass....

Edited by fabriciom

1 hour ago, fabriciom said:

Ask ram dass....

Would you say that reading is not the answer?

Would you say that meditation is not the answer?

Would you say that yoga is not the answer?

Psychedelics (I assume that is what you are referring to) is simply a tool, albeit a powerful tool. 

For me, psychedelics was the answer. Before trying DMT, I knew nothing about non-duality, meditation, buddhism, etc. I tried DMT and understood very profoundly that I was not my body or thoughts, suffering was an illusion caused by thoughts, I needed to live in the present moment, love is the highest value, beauty is all around even if we dont see it and that I needed to start meditating daily.

That was three years ago. The next day, I searched youtube to learn how to meditate. I came across one of Leo's videos (how I came to A.org) about how to meditate and Ive meditated every day since without missing a day. I also discovered that Buddhism and Vedanta teach in depth what I discovered in my DMT session. If it wasnt for DMT, I dont know if I would have "gotten" it. I tried reading about Buddhism previously but as a very driven businessman with a huge ego and lots of greed, I didnt understand it in the least. Now I meditate 1-2 hours a day, read another 1-3 hours a day and have awakened other people and am currently mentoring them on their path.

Also, Ram Dass started his journey because of LSD. 

I dont know about "shortcuts" (whatever that is) not existing but you can certainly take a longer and more painful route.

Of course, if the drug you are referring to is alcohol, I would agree :)

Edited by Matt8800

You said it yourself, there are no shortcuts so doing drugs is not a shortcut but all part of the process.

B R E A T H E

If I'm remembering correctly you've expressed negativity towards drugs on here before so it's really no surprise that you say this. 

Drugs come with risks yes. But all altered states of the mind are a part of the big picture. 

Just turns out some of them can help you zoom out to see the big picture better. 

You still gotta do the work but psychedelics can get you progresses faster initially than progress without it at all. Different methods work for different people. Your path is the answer and if drugs are involved its a part of it. 

It's one thing if one is relying or depending heavily on drugs for their own happiness or gratification, or using them as a crutch.

Psychedelics do not fall into the same category as cocaine and heroin so if you're using psychedelics wisely for spiritual awakening or to achieve a greater existential understanding/awareness, then this is simply a true aspect of your own spiritual path and growth.

I wouldn't say they're exactly a "short-cut" either. Not everyone is ready to trip, and some trips can actually feel like a fucking trek for some people.

When I lost my virginity to psychedelics, I had already been into spirituality for most of my life through reading ancient spiritual texts, meditating or chanting, but once the hands of acid cradled my very being, everything I ever read or imagined, dreamed, or understood in all the years of simply being into spirituality and consciousness, suddenly just became One and I fully felt everything in its intertwined entirety, it was all confirmed and embodied, I felt this expansive universal love and like I was wearing the whole universe and had 360 degree vision all around me and I was just like, "This is it!!! This is what they're talking about!!" And I gazed at my hands and it was like literally in my hands.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

18 hours ago, fabriciom said:

Ask ram dass....

That's an ideology.

The year is 1895. Lord Kelvin declares that powered flight would be impossible. "Shortcuts in life don't exist. Man will always be bound to the earth," he'd say. The plane wasn't a shortcut, it was a faster mode of travel. We've been "shortcutting" ourselves, that is to say advancing, forever and will continue to do so. 

Psychedelics aren't Shortcuts; they're technology that have been used for spirituality for thousands of years. Drugs have been at the center of every spiritual tradition since the beginning of time. Lol. And the proper use of not only natural substances but new ones like lsd, mdma, and 5-meo will be at the forefront for personal growth headed into the future. 

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Some people are hard cases and would never be able to have their first intense experience of the supernatural / reality-as-it-is / the presence of God without the help of an entheogen substance.

I was one of them. After that experience, it was easier to lean into that place without the substance. It permanently changed me after one dose. It helped raise my consciousness to the next stage. (Though it wasn't a shortcut. It was just a catalyst. I still had to integrate.)

It's wonderful for you that you didn't need this smack on the head to be inspired to follow a spiritual path, or to even realize the value of spirituality, but not all of us are like this.

I don't know if it's genetic or something, but for those who have a super easy time sensing and connecting with the spiritual realm, quit moralizing about "drugs." "Oh, you don't need psychedelics!" That's easy for you to say. Tell a man who was born with backwards feet that he doesn't need crutches because you personally can walk just fine without them.

If you don't understand the value of entheogens, that's fine, but why talk about what you don't understand?

Edited by eleveneleven

Here is how I see things, the following is a very usual scenario that keeps happening in my life. I keep meeting people that have like 10 strong psychedelic trips under their belt and they have not developed spiritually at all.

Psychedelics do not offer enlightenment in general, they offer enlightenment to very specificly tuned types of consciousness. If you're familiar with spiral dynamics, the pattern that I have come to observe in most of the people around me is that psychedelics are a very strong catalyst for people who are deep into yellow and want to move on to turquoise. But if taken by people that are consciously lower on the spiral the effect is usually not enlightening at all and can in fact very well send a lot of people back many steps. I'm not against psychedelics in any way, I just believe that you have to have reached a high spiritual level already in order for them to work optimally. Obviously the average person in this forum is much more spiritually developed than the average person on the street but way too often, especially in the last two years, have I come to meet someone that's party tripping all the time and has not developed spiritually even if he's "trippin ballz" every weekend with his friends. And I'm not talking about micros either. Moreover, within thr last couple years, I've met more than a dozen people, from different countries, that have somehow been fucked big time after a strong psychedelic experience. I'd say 75-80% of them are from acid. It took more than a year for some of them to recover, some of them developed PTSD from specific ideological objects in the trip and some of them have not recovered at all. Developing a psychological problem or triggering a psychological problem that you were predisposed to is definitely going to interfere with your path to enlightenment in a bad way and is going to at least delay your enlightenment and development process for at least some months. Of course there are people that have been helped by the psychedelic experience even if they were not yellow on the spiral at the time. But what I'm saying is, if you've decided to take psychedelics, I would recommend reaching stage yellow first and then take them to elevate to turquoise, and this is when they truly shine and they are much less likely to cause problems. And if researching and contemplating on which psychedelic to try, I would also definitely advise against acid as a choice. 

On 29.12.2018 at 2:12 AM, fabriciom said:

Ask ram dass....

One of the most significat truths. 

Yes, applies to psychedelics too. From an awakened perspective i can say that drugs are not for the dormant. Only after awakening one can really grasp the magnitute of these tools.

Is not that one cannot enjoy a trip, the thing is that a trip into infinity and feeling infinity this way, in reallity is not infinity, is just a mind perspective of what infinity is. You folks will get what i mean after genuine awakening and phychic abbilities, until then enjoy the childish ghibberish about experiences of drugs. 

I can say the following with total confidence: No amount of 5MEO will beat a Kundalini/Tantra session of an awakened human in comparison with a dormant who uses DMT externally. Is more to this, from an awakened perspective, any drug is a limitation, only DMT, Melatonin and a few natural drugs can help one boost further. But this again, does not apply to a dormant human being who is fucking up, meaning not using Kundalini and has not awakened. Period. Discuss as much as you like, i say this from experience, try it for yourselves before coming with arguments from others. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

This entire stigma towards psychedelics doesn't make any sense to me.

There are no shortcuts in life? Who said psychedelics are meant to be treated as a shortcut?

Psychedelics are just objects that change your perception for a short duration of time when consumed. Attaching any other kind of meaning to it is pointless when you don't even investigate the effects of psychedelics for yourself.

Perhaps this opinion comes from an idealistic standpoint which proclaims that genuine self-exploration can only be achieved independently, without any assistance from an outside resource.

I don't care how much you meditate or self-inquire, unless you have exceptional talent and/ or receive training from an enlightened master, you will never experience an expansion of consciousness on par with what a psychedelic can facilitate.

Using psychedelics is not a shortcut. It's more accurate to say that using psychedelics is a spiritual technique meant to arouse an expansion of consciousness. They're not some cheap way to get out of working on yourself. Psychedelics are useless for spiritual practice without any effort from the user.

I was once very close minded, I thought I had the entire world figured out. One day I consumed a psychedelic for recreational purposes. Inadvertently, I experienced an expansion of consciousness that destroyed my entire perception of reality, and I was made to accept how little I know about existence itself. I would never have had an interest in spiritual enlightenment without experiencing raw reality through the use of a psychedelic.

Edited by Genghis Khan

@Hellspeed Have you tried 5-MeO?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

34 minutes ago, sgn said:

@Hellspeed Have you tried 5-MeO?

More than that.

Actually, from more than a year, I'm constantly on my own DMT. This is the reason for my state of bliss all the time, even if I'm apparently angry hahahaha. The Art or Breath combined with Kundalini and with all the other colors, just marvelous.

I've used heavy doses of several drugs in the past, so if I take a dose of let's say 20mg of 5meo I can still go and drive my car without passing out. Because I have conquered/discovered that fase in the awakening stage. What is mindblowing for most people, for me is a walk in the park. Cause maybe I've had experienced death so many times that Breath is the most blissful thing to me. Also from about 3 years old to the age of 16, I was having ego deaths almost every night, waking up in the middle of the night and seeing reality as I see it now, from an awakened perspective. But back then was like btw sleep and awake and I did not know what was happening, felt fear most of the times. So is complex, experience and pain taught me the most. 

Edited by Hellspeed

2 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

This is the reason for my state of bliss all the time, even if I'm apparently angry hahahaha.

If someone perceives you as angry it's because they are likely projecting their insecurities/wounds on to you. I've had someone do this to me on the forum recently, even though I fully embody love and have no wounds of my own.

What they didn't know is that unconditional love will use someone, like an awakened being who's done the proper healing work, in a way that even the exact way they word things is done so in a way to trigger the insecurities of others to heal them, even when they end up just thinking poorly of the healer that just blessed them with their presence.

What a fascinating world we live in, where the beings who love the deepest are often the ones who get crucified. Jesus, or the being that the Jesus figure represents, is a perfect example of the human tendency to lash out towards the one who likely loves you more than anyone else ever will. That's what happens when no one even knows what true unconditonal love even looks like when it's looking them straight in the face.

I know you likely know all of this, but I said it for others. ?

To understand psychedelics it's very useful to understand how all healing works, because for most individuals, they are still using psychedelics while they are in the process of healing, which makes the psychedelics a healing instrument.

Healing happens as a byproduct of raising the resonant frequency of an individual, or more simply put the vibration that they typically operate from, their base vibration.

When one's vibration is raised to a vibration higher than their resonant frequency, the lower vibrational wounds they've accrued over their lifetime that are too out of resonance with the new, higher vibration are pushed out of the energetic field. What this means is that times when you were wounded, like feeling abandoned, abused, stricken with overwhelming grief, that vibrationally too low compared to your current vibration, they literally cannot exist anymore in one's energetic field.

When this happens these old wounds will naturally come up into your awareness and be triggered by the events currently going on in your life. When they are, and they are felt consciously, that is when healing takes place. To heal vibrationally means to face your pain, so you can then let it go. That's literally the way wounds exist and how they are fully healed.

All true forms of healing work by introducing higher vibrations to the energetic field in some way that forces lower vibrations out of it. And even if the elevation in vibration is temporary, removing wounds/energetic blockages permanently increases one's own vibration/resonate frequency. This means that even if your vibration was only temporarily increased by the healing mechanism, any energetic blockages that have been cleared by the healing leave your resonate frequency slightly higher, so when you come back down from the temporary increase in vibration you don't actually come back down to your previous vibration. You go back down to the new slightly elevated vibration because of your healing.

This is how psychedelics work for someone who's still healing (which is almost every person currently alive). The way that the psychedelic healing mechanism works is by forcing someone very rapidly, usually within seconds, minutes, or at most a few hours into a completely new, higher vibration than they are currently operating in, temporarily.

What happens when we enter a higher vibration? We begin healing.

Healing comes in the form of realizations, of insecurities getting triggered, or through projecting your pain onto someone else. Since psychedelics rather forcefully throw you into a temporary higher vibration, instead of slowly, permanently increasing your vibration like most forms of healing, what usually happens is a massive rush of realizations/insecurities being triggered/lashing out all at once. This is because you are getting access to a massive amount of healing all at once.

The biggest downfall for psychedelics is that you can only heal so much in a certain amount of time. There is a limit on how much healing can happen within minutes or hours. This means that most of what you experienced will not actually be useful. The experience will be healing, but only partially. This is why people come back down saying they had so many insights and opportunities to heal but they weren't able to hold on to barely any of it.

Now that's not to say psychedelics aren't healing, because they are. It's just that it's one of the toughest forms of healing that can only offer so much healing in such a small amount of time. There are other forms of healing that do the same thing, but slowly over days or months, that only permanently increase your vibration instead of a combination of temporary elevation with a slight permanent increase in vibration. And those other forms of healing are also much easier on the mind and body, just something to consider.

This video describes fairly high vibrational material in a way that the egoic mind can understand on a basic level, and might help put vibration into perspective.