theking00

positive thinking.

10 posts in this topic

Does positive thinking really work and is it bad that if I resist negative thinking ?

It works but it's very advanced personal development work.  It's basically re-programming work.  Once you understand the contexts in which it's reasonable to re-frame things, positive thinking follows from that.  One of these, and this is not the only one, is there are pros and cons to everything.  So at a minimum you can find the pros in any circumstance.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Does punching your nuts work?

Positive and negative "thinking" are just that. A thought.

Try to see what reality is and who/what you are.

Extremely effective! It's the basic tool of the sage. 

I agree with my friend here, that it's pretty advanced and nuanced, and very very susceptible to distortion. Read many sources and contemplate it thoroughly before implementing.

It's very counterintuitive in the sense that it's not being '"Optimistic" - Expecting things to go well is deep well of disappointment.

The most effective and basic work is gratitude, simply see all the good small things that surround you and journal them daily, this will start shifting your mind to the frequency of positive mind - which will alter your reality to its core.

i am addicted to negative thinking 

Edited by theking00

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It works but it's very advanced personal development work.  It's basically re-programming work.  Once you understand the contexts in which it's reasonable to re-frame things, positive thinking follows from that.  One of these, and this is not the only one, is there are pros and cons to everything.  So at a minimum you can find the pros in any circumstance.  

I think law of attraction applies. If you have a scarcity mindset, you will imagine scarce situations and you will get scarcity through law of attraction.

If you worry in the positive side, you will imagine positive things and get positive things through law of attraction.

Giving away 10% of your income to charity helps you drop scarcity mindset.

15 hours ago, theking00 said:

Does positive thinking really work and is it bad that if I resist negative thinking ?

If your highest values are love and beauty in the present moment, you dont need to ask the question.

13 hours ago, theking00 said:

i am addicted to negative thinking 

Yes, it is addictive. Strengthen your mindfulness through meditation so you can increasingly catch and release the thoughts before you attach.

Is just Trauma inside that needs to be adressed, embraced and resolved. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.