benny

Can childhood trauma lead to periods of intermittent sadness?

5 posts in this topic

Come from a troubled background. Been working on myself a lot these last few years. More often than not I'm happy, but still get very sad and withdrawn regularly enough to take notice. I have a nagging suspicious theres something deep in my psyche that's causing this and that it stems from childhood trauma. Is this possible? If so, how does it happen? How do I fix it?

Edited by benny

It's possible. are there any specific triggers? analyse the times when you've felt this way and look for commonalities.

On 12/28/2018 at 4:38 PM, benny said:

I have a nagging suspicious theres something deep in my psyche that's causing this and that it stems from childhood trauma. Is this possible? If so, how does it happen? How do I fix it?

The question is not whether it is possible but rather realizing you cant go through life without dealing with some sort of trauma-it is part of the human experience. You had trauma when you left your Mothers womb and came into this Universe. You may have had a traumatic experience before you started breathing oxygen out of your mouth. Maybe, your past ancestors passed on traumatic experiences into your psyche before you were conceived-check out epigenetics and morphic resonance.

It happens because to be a human is to have some sort of trauma, to be a human is to suffer on some level-recognize this and realize how intelligent your operating system is to give you the gift of pain in order for you to correct the trajectory in which you are going-and maybe if your lucky transcend your suffering and be a beacon of love to humanity. 

You can typically classify trauma as little "t" trauma and big "T" Trauma, big T Trauma has a more lasting impact and can be the cause of many of human beings neuroses, fears, mental illness, etc. Big T Trauma happens when you don't have the capability to cope, control, and deal with a situation that has been brought to your reality. Your mind gets re-wired based off the stimuli and how you are perceiving the environment in which you are in. You already have taken the first step by being curious as to what trauma is, what you can do about it, etc. just by asking questions in regards to trauma is a great first step, keep diving deep, learning, and overall being more aware of yourself-Meditation is great for this as you already know. In order to move past something you must first accept it-that includes trauma.

A great book to get you started on learning about trauma is called "The Body Keeps The Score"  It incapsulates what trauma is, best modalities to treat trauma, and gives you a very good overall understanding of what trauma is.

https://www.amazon.com/Body-Keeps-Score-Healing-Trauma/dp/0143127748/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546215293&sr=8-2&keywords=the+body+keeps+the+score