SoonHei

The Destination and the Path are ONE

11 posts in this topic

in writing a few posts in some threads this morning, i came across this realization.

all this mental masturbation (as it's often referred to), all the concepts, ideas, stories, all understandings and insights - ALL OF IT. are within the dream.

The "goal" for enlightenment (the idea of)  is to escape/end the dream and WAKE UP but all we do is to further the dream and remain in it, rather than escape it.

Now, in this context, even this understanding and this thread is the furthering of that.

at the same time, it also must go on and be this way... or should it be? unless you let it?

the large misunderstanding is that most of us have the idea of awakening to be another "event" or content or experience within the dream... when it is an "event" outside of it. outside of the story, the world, the illusion.

the idea of seeking enlightenment into the future implies seeking it in the dream.. because future is a concept within the dream/illusion.

now what to do about this...?

Turn the focus on the I AM / AM-ness as much as possible thru the waking state - in the understanding that staying and keeping as that = enlightened state, which is what you're after, isn't it?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

honestly it just is what it is. If there's mental masturbation, then that is what is. If the masturbation stops, then that's what is.  The mental masturbation just comes and goes, like everything. If you appear to be focusing on the "I AM", then great, that's what is.    But if not, that is ok too. Just be, and stop trying to do this and that. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

20 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

honestly it just is what it is. If there's mental masturbation, that that is what is. if the masturbation stops, then that's what is.  The mental masturbation just comes and goes, like everything. If you appear to be focusing on the "I AM", then great, that's what is.    But if not, that is ok too. Just be, and stop trying to do this and that. 

well said, and thanks for the reminder.  To many people get caught up in something in particular.

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

honestly it just is what it is. If there's mental masturbation, then that is what is. If the masturbation stops, then that's what is.  The mental masturbation just comes and goes, like everything. If you appear to be focusing on the "I AM", then great, that's what is.    But if not, that is ok too. Just be, and stop trying to do this and that. 

Sweet. Well said indeed. 

The little bit of direction that is understood is for the ego with the illusion of control ... As opposed to hearing "there's nothing to do" and then sitting down and doing nothing trap

Love Is The Answer

Do not pay attention to the idiots of enlightenment. :D

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

8 hours ago, SoonHei said:

Turn the focus on the I AM / AM-ness as much as possible thru the waking state - in the understanding that staying and keeping as that = enlightened state, which is what you're after, isn't it?

Agree 100%

You can't grasp the I AM with the mind. There is no other way to communicate it than through the dream though, so nothing we say can possibly be the truth, it can point towards it (like your quote) .

Who cares if it's all masturbation we're all trying to express some cool shit  we experience and maybe we point someone in the right direction in the process and he gets frigging enlightened in the end boom we're all happy. 

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

10 minutes ago, Antonius said:

Agree 100%

You can't grasp the I AM with the mind. There is no other way to communicate it than through the dream though, so nothing we say can possibly be the truth, it can point towards it (like your quote) .

Who cares if it's all masturbation we're all trying to express some cool shit  we experience and maybe we point someone in the right direction in the process and he gets frigging enlightened in the end boom we're all happy. 

Lol amen to that.

Was watching some Osho videos and thats exactly what he says that some of his words might just trigger something inside someone

Love Is The Answer

For me it was like a transformation that naturally happened to me.  I never set out to get out of theory.  It just happened.  Once I realized what Enlightenment is, it happened.  Because the theory is only a guide to becoming Enlightened.  Living the theory is not what being Enlightened is.

Beautiful! Thank you for the insights.

Remember, you wake up, but there's really no other place to live through other than the dream. Many things within the dream are still important, if you wanna have a powerful life. The dream is not a bad thing, it's magic, and it's miraculous! 

@Joseph Maynor

Because the theory is only a guide to becoming Enlightened.  Living the theory is not what being Enlightened is.

Thank you. Just need this step clicked for me.

@Anton Rogachevski yeah, that's why it's important to keep the drive on your life purpose or a goal in life (with the understanding and the focus also on the awakening and resting on the I AM-ness.

Love Is The Answer