Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
traveler

Simulation theory from an enlightened perspective?

1 post in this topic

What are your thoughts on the simulation theory? If we look from an enlightened perspective, it still holds up from what I can see. We are consciousness/the universe manifesting itself into infinite possibilities. This is all there is and all there will ever be. But in theory this 'all there is', could be inside "something".            Like a computer game where there are individual characters, these characters could wake up to the fact that they are no different from anything else in the game and therefore they themselves are everything, a manifestation of code. The universe/consciousness could be a self developing simulation that creates infinite possibilities and dimensions within itself, when we wake up to understand that we are no more or no less than a manifestation of that, we lose the illusion of individuality and become one with the source. In the computer game metaphor this would mean that the character in the game realises that he is everything, but what isn't realized and what is impossible to ever realize is that the source (the code) is a creation from a computer game developer from a universe separate from his. I know there's kind of a hole in this because the computer game is in itself a manifestation of consciousness infinite possibilities, but it's hard conveying it in any other way. Couldn't the source, the absolute consciousness be a creation in theory?

While I read through this the answer becomes clear. It isn't possible for consciousness to be a separate thing, because everything that appear separate, such as a creator of consciousness would be itself consciousness. I started and ended a topic before posting it, but this is something I had thought about a couple of times and it now is clear after reading my own words. So a thing you could take from this post is that sometimes it helps to write about a thing that you can't seem to wrap you head around, because underway you'll notice some "plotholes" that you didn't notice in your mind. 

I would still love other perspectives

Edited by traveler