clouffy

How to live in an orange society as a green individual?

24 posts in this topic

@eleveneleven this sounds so nice... thank you!

and how do you identify green/yellow people? are they hard to come by?

On 1/1/2019 at 6:28 AM, clouffy said:

@eleveneleven this sounds so nice... thank you!

and how do you identify green/yellow people? are they hard to come by?

Around where I live now (PNW), they are not hard to come by at all.

I don't usually tend to label people by their stages in day-to-day life, but there are some hallmarks (in my perception) to what I would call a "Stage Green" person:

• Concern for the environment / long-term sustainability (this is the biggest sign of Stage Green)
  • Empathy for people who are less fortunate
  • Not buying the delusion that everyone is born on equal economic footing / trying to remedy inequality
  • Seeing other cultures besides ones own as valid
  • The first inklings that humans are part of a larger organism
  • Interest in decentralization, governing locally, governing face-to-face, etc
  • Putting human beings above money
  • An emphasis on fairness and equality; a person's humanity is primary
  • Fledgling interest in spirituality; people can get "woo-woo" at this stage; lots of Stage Green people meditate
  • Rediscovering feminine energy after its long suppression during stages Red, Blue, and Orange
  • Emphasis on healthy food, lifestyle, long-term good practices for self and community

These are the good things that come with Green, but of course each one of those can become neurotic, too. I see that where I live as well. For example, blaming majority groups for sins of the past against minorities; blaming men in general for victimizing women; self-hatred or hatred of humanity for the way the environment and animals are treated; anger left over from the traumas that came in the excesses of Stage Orange. These are all open wounds from Orange that have not healed yet.

Where I live, people are experiencing a lot of the above, and open discussion of mental illness / treating trauma with entheogens is common. They are still shaking off the more extreme consequences of Stage Orange (but that extremeness is what caused Stage Green to emerge in the first place).

Stage Yellow people, to me (again, this is just my perception) are markedly different in some key ways. For one, they are extremely non-judgmental compared to all the other stages before, including Green. For example, Green might not judge a foreign culture, but they'll judge their own culture for judging that foreign culture. Green wants all people to be treated equally, except for racist people, sexist people, etc (which is a contradiction; the empathy is conditional).

Like the other stages before it, Green will take its own moral standards for granted. (A lot of militant vegans are Stage Green, for instance.) Yellow tends to be more morally flexible and takes a more nuanced approach. Green might get mad and judgmental towards country bumpkins for voting for Trump, for instance, while Yellow will try to understand the perspective of the country bumpkin to figure out why they voted for Trump.

You can often find Green people in non-hierarchical organizations trying to better the community or preserve the environment. They volunteer a lot. You can find them at meditation centers a lot, too. Yellow people are harder to come by, but your best bet is a spiritual community. In my experience, the people who I have met who have smatterings of Yellow had some kind of spiritual experience that broke off a big part of the ego and made them realize that the lower stages lived inside of them in oneness (so there was no reason to judge).

(Though also be aware that some Stage Yellow people are subtle about their non-judgement in order to strategically avoid triggering Green, so you may not realize they are Yellow. "Oh, those people in the South are only doing what they think is right by voting for conservatives. They might need to go through that before they realize what they're doing." does not sit well with Green.)

Edited by eleveneleven

6 hours ago, eleveneleven said:

(Though also be aware that some Stage Yellow people are subtle about their non-judgement in order to strategically avoid triggering Green, so you may not realize they are Yellow. "Oh, those people in the South are only doing what they think is right by voting for conservatives. They might need to go through that before they realize what they're doing." does not sit well with Green.)

I've noticed this too. I find Yellow individuals tend to have a very big picture view of the situation (the interplay of the system) and avoid making judgements. They often literally forget the need to address the emotional aspect of the situation, when they are with Green.

At times they can appear really Orange because their choice of wording is none emotional. I think they do appeal to Orange the most, however Yellow will eventually find Orange too egotistic and materialistic. Yellows are sympathetic to Greens, but often hold them at a distance.

@clouffy blue and orange combination. Politeness is a blue thing. Also explains why the new generation is more orange leaning, as thay see the limitations of their parent's blue way of life. If thay were green we would se some yellow memes pop up in japan like we do in sweden now but we don't.

You can tell that the new generation is orange by the way they reject conformity. One example is their sexuality:

The road to God is paved with bliss.