Manjushri

How do I keep the weight I lose off for good?

11 posts in this topic

I see that when I lose enough weight I get hungry and then I slowly up my food intake and gain weight again... + I'm satisfied so I naturally let my guard off. In the past 7 days 3 of them I ate more food than usual, like one meal more. I want to say that losing weight felt like a breeze just took some time but I just wasn't hungry and with some observing what I eat i curb it easily. But when I do then it can come back because I just get hungrier...

What are your experiences? Any advice?

@Manjushri Fall in love with being healthy. Enjoy the feeling that comes when you feel fresh, energetic, and vibrant... compared to how you feel when you eat a heavy meal that makes you wanna sit on your bed and be lazy.

If you create an active lifestyle, you'll be fine.

Find a friend to go jogging with, or biking with.

Take up a class to learn how to do martial arts, or maybe take up a yoga/deep breathing?

2 hours ago, Manjushri said:

I see that when I lose enough weight I get hungry

What is "enough" to you? Really? That will always fluctuate. 

@Sahil Pandit When I get ~ normal weight I tend to get hungry (not psychologically, in that way i just care less so i eat more) I eat healthy but I wasn't moving a lot so I had to do 2 meals a day. Now I'm sometimes hungry even beyond that so I want to prevent gain...

I recently had a talk with a doctor who specializes in diabetes. She told me that, unfortunately, the human body has a desire to maintain your weight at the highest you've ever reached. That's why it's so hard for most people to lose weight and keep it that way. It does require some mental strength, but it is definitely not a lost cause.
Apparently it is easier to compensate for it through more physical activity, rather than restricting your eating habits.

Edited by Katlicitas
forgot something

@Manjushri  eating more = more illusory hunger. 

Also this sounds like a classic case of homeostasis. 

YouTube Leo's homeostasis vid if you haven't already. 

@Manjushri we eat to feed our cells. stop eating to please your palate.

if you feel weak, then you need to eat a little more. just don't give in to gluttony.

unborn Truth

10 hours ago, ajasatya said:

we eat to feed our cells. stop eating to please your palate.

Are you a robot or something? Im 100% certain that you dont think about your cells when you eat.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Are you a robot or something? Im 100% certain that you dont think about your cells when you eat.

i think of them when i'm not eating. when i eat, i think of how i am going to spend that energy.

i workout every morning. when i have dinner, i eat enough to give me energy for the morning.

food that taste good are a vague sign that indicate the quality of the food. fast food taste very good but they have poor nutritional value.

unborn Truth

7 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

i think of them when i'm not eating. when i eat, i think of how i am going to spend that energy.

i workout every morning. when i have dinner, i eat enough to give me energy for the morning.

food that taste good are a vague sign that indicate the quality of the food. fast food taste very good but they have poor nutritional value.

Ah okay that makes sense! Guess the wording threw me offxD

Dont look at me! Look inside!