Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StephenK

Shrooms and Self Inquiry

7 posts in this topic

I have experienced trips with shrooms in the past, but normally in a very people oriented setting, without much taken from them -- that is, not much opportunity to reflect inwards. I'm thinking of taking a relatively small dose (1-2 grams) in a dark room and doing self-inquiry. Hopefully it gets the juices flowing? Any experience doing this?

Thanks.

It's amazing!

In my experience It's difficult to `drive` on shrooms, meaning, I can't guide my trip to meditate, or self inquiry, or anything. 

I start meditating, but as soon as it kicks in all goals vanish and they start teaching me whatever lesson they think I need to have.

Sometimes it's not even a lesson, it's like a HUUGE emotional release tears laughter hysterically..I don't know they have their own unexpected ways. 

If you can guide them to the inquiry, awesome!

Edited by aclokay

@aclokay Yeah, that's why I want to avoid a larger dose, as the momentum in a large dose can carry you away on it's own path. Hopefully I can find that sweet spot for self-inquiry/shroom-expansiveness.  

@StephenK Yea, I pretty much do it every few weeks. Really think the shroom sessions have yielded about the same growth for me lately as my half an hour/day meditation habit. For me personally, it works best to do them in quite a low dosage and with a slow build up when using for self-inquiry purpose. I like to sit in a dark room and already start to meditate/self-inquire. Then I start sipping my psilocybin thee, finishing it over the course of 15-30 minutes. Already starting with meditation and setting the right intention helps to guide the trip for me. When the shrooms start to kick in I try to surrender and detach as much as possible, but really your course is set by then. Definitely recommend trying it. However, I would start with a small dosage and try to get a feel for what works best for you. Good luck, would love to hear how it goes!

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity What do you mean by a small dose? 0.5 grams to 1 gram or less? Yeah, I hope to do this 3 to 4 times over the next month or two. I've been doing self-inquiry spontaneously (without conscious effort) over the last few months, so hopefully that momentum carries over into the trips. Will report back on what I experience.

@StephenK Uhh, can't tell you what dosage it is with the shrooms you will be using. I live in the Netherlands, where they sell psilocybin truffles in smartshops, totally legal. I use around 5-10 grams usually, which is around half a recommended dose. 

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity Oh ok, so I assume the truffles (Psilocybe tampanensis) are wet/fresh? Typically a dry dose of Psilocybe cubensis is 3.5g, which is the species I will be taking.