Viking

does anyone know about OCD?

8 posts in this topic

i just discovered in an epiphany that i probably have mild-moderate OCD. thats why im always anxious, why i couldnt do the vipassana retreat well, and more things i guess.

did any of you read extensively about it? how should i go about it?

is this something that means that i should never take psychedelics? i remember i had a lot of anxiety regarding to my sanity after trips.

What? The label bullshit from doctors and social accepted paradigms? 

Meditate more. Don't label yourself or you will get trapped in the mind.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

15 hours ago, Viking said:

i just discovered in an epiphany that i probably have mild-moderate OCD.

This describes most of the human race.

Do self-inquiry on it. Who has this condition? 

@Viking what makes you think its OCD and not generalized anxiety disorder ? Do you have obsessions and compulsions or just obsessions?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 hours ago, Viking said:

i just discovered in an epiphany that i probably have mild-moderate OCD. thats why im always anxious, why i couldnt do the vipassana retreat well, and more things i guess.

did any of you read extensively about it? how should i go about it?

is this something that means that i should never take psychedelics? i remember i had a lot of anxiety regarding to my sanity after trips.

I'd say I have OCD but my advice is that if it's not taken over your life completely and you generally have healthy behaviours, ie meditate, work out, eat right etc then just keep doing what you're doing. 

Completing a retreat is hard for anyone, mentally healthy or not so I wouldn't read too much into it. Feel free to ask me any questions though, I've had it for years so might as well put the knowledge I've got from it to use 

I find do-nothing the most effective technique when my mind goes OCDish. You just let all the obsessive thoughts happen and don't interfere. OCD is about being a control freak, you just can't help it but obsessively try to set everything right and you are never content with your meditation. Do-nothing is the opposite of that.