Aakash

Outgrowing actualised.org

36 posts in this topic

Dear LEO

Firstly, i would like to say; i apologise, i should have posted all my comments in this correct section of your forum page. however, i would like to say that It has come to my attention that if the self enquiry route is understood, then has it come to the end where self actualised.org has reached it's limitations. For example, the practice requires me to experience awareness with wakeful eyes. Therefore there is no ideology that can bound the incommunicable from this point of view, besides guidance. henceforth, i was wondering if the map of guidance has reached its final pointing direction to the territory. 

Kind regards

Aakash (truth not TRUTH presently)

@Aakash if you're enlightened you may have outgrown this forum, (maybe) if you are still identified with you're thoughts, I'd stick around lol

Getting to non dual state is nothing special , it will not give you all answers , or directions on how to live your life, even if it does in some miracle way, it has nothing to do with using forum , or not using it.  

@Aakash No, there is much more that you still do not understand about reality.

Self-inquiry is not the only thing to know.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think there's enlightenment work, but also just general personal development work on here.  I agree that there's only so much the forums can offer you in enlightenment work because most people seem to have conflicting ideas about issues which you can't even properly express in words, so that side can be a mess.  Then there is a lot of general tips like affirmations, how to tackle your goals effectively, how to find your life purpose etc. that kind of seems limitless in terms of the knowledge you can know

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

There is enlightenment work, vibrational work, and shadow work, as far as I can tell. If you don't know how to do all 3 of these things on your own then you should probably stay connected to spiritual circles like this.

If you have access to Big Mind, then your growth should play itself out very naturally.

And I would argue if you have been doing your vibrational work, then you needn't even worry about shadow work or enlightenment, because they are natural byproducts of raising your vibration. Achieving Dharmamega Samadhi would be extremely useful in your path though.

Don't forget that once the forum is no longer useful for your own growth, you can also come to help others and give back.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Aakash No, there is much more that you still do not understand about reality.

Self-inquiry is not the only thing to know.

This.

People still don't seem to understand that enlightenment and understanding reality goes hand in hand if you want the best possible life.

I haven't found anyone who has this broad perspective on life as Leo and able to interconnect all these aspects and develop a deep understanding. I find it hard anyone would outgrow him with the pace he is going.

You will still live in this world as a human being and have to deal with this reality after enlightenment. Why not just kill yourself then physically if there is no point and it all doesn't matter? 

You won't do it. Ask yourself why?

6 minutes ago, iGhost said:

I haven't found anyone who has this broad perspective on life as Leo and able to interconnect all these aspects and develop a deep understanding. I find it hard anyone would outgrow him with the pace he is going.

Have you looked?  ^_^

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

3 minutes ago, zambize said:

Have you looked?  ^_^

Name them, would be helpful.

Haven't found anyone who can actually teach like Leo in all areas of life.

Edited by iGhost

12 minutes ago, iGhost said:

Name them, would be helpful.

Haven't found anyone who can actually teach like Leo in all areas of life.

Oh I was just poking fun at him, I probably couldnt, yikes.  

I wouldn't think about it like that, I would ask what is the best teacher for each aspect of life or each level of development.  So Leo does give very broad level knowledge in a lot of areas, hes really so generally that it's both his greatest strength and weakness.  He touches sooo fucking many topics that it's hard for him to go indepth, and a lot of them touch on topics less relevant to you depending on the stage you're at.  My point being is that you should be continually looking for new teachers that begin to resonate with you as you develop, and that while i think Leo has great general knowledge that there are seemingly better sources such as Mooji who posts quite a few youtube videos for individuals going down for lack of better words a more serious spiritual path.  I also really like shinzen young, and would recommend him over Leo if you are solely seeking enlightenment work. But yeah I ran off on such a tangent, I was just messing around with the comment about you not looking, dont take that seriously at all. Hope that offered you anything haha

8 hours ago, Aakash said:

Dear LEO

Firstly, i would like to say; i apologise, i should have posted all my comments in this correct section of your forum page. however, i would like to say that It has come to my attention that if the self enquiry route is understood, then has it come to the end where self actualised.org has reached it's limitations. For example, the practice requires me to experience awareness with wakeful eyes. Therefore there is no ideology that can bound the incommunicable from this point of view, besides guidance. henceforth, i was wondering if the map of guidance has reached its final pointing direction to the territory. 

Kind regards

Aakash (truth not TRUTH presently)

Dude, go. And good luck. People here has talked about phenomena when crab is about to climb out of the bucket and other crabs trying to pull you back. I think stuff here can be quite blind and religious abd lacks great nuance. Go find your own path, life will teach you.

You need no techniques. 

How much did life teach him before that he had to look for help here? 

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Quite a lot I assume. This is what in talking about doe. Life is multi faced. Here most people seems to ignore all but one, limiting their own growth greatly and think they are coming from absolute perspective. 

Only thing that is limiting is ignorance, this place is great to see your own ignorance, don't you think so? 

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

Dude, go. And good luck. People here has talked about phenomena when crab is about to climb out of the bucket and other crabs trying to pull you back. I think stuff here can be quite blind and religious abd lacks great nuance. Go find your own path, life will teach you.

You need no techniques. 

Worst advice ever. You are fucked without understanding if you want to live the best life possible as a human being.

@Leo Gura I disagree when you say that results come after several years. I’ve been doing The Work for a few months, and I am permanently aware that the present moment is all that exists. I have completely detached from the mind’s idea of past and future. I have also lost major amount of ‘control’ of this body. It now feels to me like this body is moving on its own.

Why do you insist that mastery takes a decades? With the way I’m going now, I’m sure to hit it in a few years.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

The whole mechanism of teacher/student is designed in a way so that the student learns more quickly than the teacher had to. The teacher is mapping out a more effective method for climbing through what is taught so that the student doesn't have to overcome as many obstacles trying to figure out the most traversible path.

That is how a true teacher/student dynamic works.

Of course you can outgrow the material here. And the combination of various perspectives from people at varying ranges of development makes it even easier.

And of course there are more effective teachers when you get further along in your development. Leo teaches from a perspective that people not very advanced can comprehend what he's saying. There's higher degrees of mastery where you can't even discuss/progress in the material talking in what is essentially, for lack of better words, dumbed down versions of the actual mechanisms at play. Leo's mentioned already that there are teachers who don't bother to dumb down their teachings, and that could be a better next step for those looking to continue past this site.

And eventually, the best teacher you'll be able to find is your self and intuition. You will guide yourself to exactly what you need when you need it to continue growing. It becomes an effortless process, albeit painful.

I have changed my mind, the contents stated in self actualised.org is reflective of TRUTH and therefore will be hard to outgrow at the rate of leo's development. However, i propose an alternative point of view, liberation and freedom are two words heavily talked about in many traditions. 

So even if enlightenment is the final aim so to speak... i have been a long admirer of the process. I have found my intuition and trust in myself to find the truth for myself.  I can't explain it eloquently enough... but its almost like i'm not even trying to persue enlightenment anymore... all i'm thinking about doing is get to know myself alot better. 

So final note, I DEFINATELY was wrong to think self-enquiry was the end of actualisaion.org or any other assumptions i intended previously. neither have i outgrown it/ will ever outgrow actualised.org. But i've built a foundation and foothold for me to work on, whilst taking self-actualised.org more lightly. I am an avid lover of Leo's work and will continue to look for insights in the future such as the self-enquiry process itself. On the other hand, self-enquiry was only one technique for looking into reality itself. before i was assuming this was my foundation foothold but it is not. MY foothold is the trust i have in TRUTH. 

AS A RESULT, i feel confident to say that leo helped me lay down my foundations, therefore i have outgrown the non-dual aspect of self actualised.org as it stands presently. None the less, i have read all the comments and everyone has a bit of truth in their words. I have not learned how to build a life, nor most of the tricks of the psychee. These are metaphysical questions outside the realm of enlightenment(depending on how you view the situation) . They are whats actual and so what actualised.org represents. 

Enlighthenment is only one thing!!!!! THIS WHOLE ACTUALISED FEILD IS SO BROADDDD MAN!!! 

So i wanted to thank you guys for your responses, they really helped me out. THANK YOU 

20 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

@How to be wise  I feel the same way, just watch out for ego backlash, ego is very cunning & sly, imo the devil is the ego

8 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Why do you insist that mastery takes a decades? With the way I’m going now, I’m sure to hit it in a few years.

Hehe...

Precisely so that cocky whippersnappers like you don't get such silly ideas.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.