Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Tarpall

Owning each other can be a good thing

8 posts in this topic

Owning each other is seen as a negative thing. Especially when it's a man owning a woman. But maybe it's not so bad after all. If you don't own something you usually don't care about what happens to it. For example if you see that someone's car has scratches on it you don't care. Because you don't own that car. See what I mean? I think in order to love something you have to own it. I think Teal Swan made a video about this topic a while ago.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Only works on the duallity. Beyond duality there is no more owning, is everything, everyone inter-connected, you will cease to feel alone even if you are isolated from humanity. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Eric Tarpall  If you desire a flower, you rip it out of the earth, call it your own, put it into a vase and throw it away after it dies a few days later. If you love a flower, you come there every day and water it, watching it grow.

Owning somebody is considered cute, as it appeals to the romantic ideal of passionate love. Passion is intoxicating and quite beautiful. But it also tears apart and burns out. No wonder most relationships are filled with jealousy. If you love someone, you will want to see that person happy. This will make you happy. Regardless if you "own" that person or not.

4 minutes ago, Damir Elezi said:

If you desire a flower, you rip it out of the earth, call it your own, put it into a vase and throw it away after it dies a few days later. If you love a flower, you come there every day and water it, watching it grow.

That sounds poetic but it's not the same thing. Owning a girl doesn't kill her. I only want to own a girl who wants to be owned by me. And she owns me too.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

I don't know your name or what you look like, but I want to help you.

How do you explain this ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 12/24/2018 at 11:57 AM, Eric Tarpall said:

Owning each other is seen as a negative thing. Especially when it's a man owning a woman. But maybe it's not so bad after all. If you don't own something you usually don't care about what happens to it. For example if you see that someone's car has scratches on it you don't care. Because you don't own that car. See what I mean? I think in order to love something you have to own it. I think Teal Swan made a video about this topic a while ago.

You keep making threads that lead back to the same core idea, the same level of thinking.

And I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread: Go out there and do it. Go "own" a girl and have her "own" you. Approach the relationship with that mindset (while remaining as conscious as possible) and see how it plays out. I guarantee it will play out differently than you expect. Stop posting about it and just go do it.

Then you will see for yourself why some people say it's a bad thing.

If you see somebody that looks all beat up would you care despite you not owning that person?

Care and ownership doesn't have to go hand in hand.

It sounds more like you are trying to justify jealousy and attachment. Ownership is a survival mechanism because what you control is what is predictable.

Why would you want ownership? It sounds like a desperate attempt at not losing control so you can have your way and resist. You are too involved with the ego. Seems like you haven't thought this through enough.

Edited by Shadowraix