Revolutionary Think

Creating an Abundant Stable World with Less Suffering

36 posts in this topic

I am a person who contemplates about the state our planet is in and why things happen the way they do. So after really diving deep with in myself and doing a ton of inquiry I realized that most suffering comes from a scarcity mindset and a scarcity mindset leads to a scarcity world. The opposite of that kind of world would be an abundance world. So I created a manifesto that talks about how we can get there. I'm looking for a few good people who can share this vision with me and we can collaborate on it. Here is the manifesto that can open your minds to new possibilities.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ie1S36c8MTPMgtlLLF0vc74j2xBQjWtU52UzRBLid9U/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Revolutionary Think

I am intrigued by your proposal. although i have only read 5 pages tonight, i must admit that i look forward to reading the rest tomorrow. 

I shall give you my full opinion tomorrow. 

So you want to hear only people who will agree with you, ones who do not agree can go somewhere else? 

@Aakash That's why I like posting here people on are a higher conscious level so that means if something didn't entertain them for the first 30 seconds they still take a look ;). @Jeff Zhang Yes I did write it and thank you for noticing it's elegance I try to make my work refined. @purerogue You are free to disagree and I even address that in the manifesto. 

Scarcity mindset

• There is only one way to do this. There is no other way. (Exclusion of other options)
  • If I don't do this right now, the company will die. (Artificial deadline)
  • This company cannot afford a bit of autonomy for workers (Artificial resource constraint)
Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat What I wrote in my manifesto goes way way beyond that! Not to take away from what you're saying though. I dissect this problem at all levels not just about options and companies. 

Your thoughts are something that I would have wrote 8 years ago, it does not go beyond anything, I am not saying that social structure does not need to be improved, real problem lies within each of us and none of this will fix it as there will always be problems arising, you want to fill the void with something objective, when it needs to be filled with something non objective, objective is just extra layer that you can work with.

Edited by purerogue

23 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

@purerogue did you read the entire thing? Or are you just assuming what my thoughts are?

I read enough to understand, if only you think that reading few extra pages will somehow change me view on all the things I already disagree with. 

K, how you will convince me to believe anything you say, how will you change my perspective to let in new perspective? 

Edited by purerogue

@Revolutionary Think ???

Just to let everyone know, Revolutionary Think and I plan to work together on our life purposes. We're both in tier 2 of Spiral Dynamics and also have well-developed tier 1 stages as well, therefore we're not just gonna sit back and watch the villainy and stupidity that goes on in the world. This is what highly developed people do, they take action at a high level and live on purpose instead of using spirituality as an excuse to do nothing.

Highly developed people walk the walk. They go the distance.

We're also happy to have more serious people working with us. If anyone reading this is serious about having a positive impact on the world and wants to join us on this journey, we'd love for them to let us know! ?

Edited by Robert

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

@purerogue The problem that lies with in each of us is the problem that lies within all of us. There are two modes of thinking that I talk about in the manifesto there is heat of the moment thinking and big picture thinking. 

Now I want you to imagine that you are a Jew in Nazi Germany at the time of the Holocaust and you are in a concentration camp. That's not exactly the optimal setting to be working on yourself is it? You don't know where your next meal is coming from and if you're going to die with in the next hour. On the other hand you are a person with millions of dollars and you never have to worry where your next paycheck is coming from. All your physical and mental needs are met and you're not in survival mode and you have more time to contemplate and self inquiry with out having to worry about surviving. 

Obviously these conditions aren't created out of nowhere and they have to do with the collective consciousness. Before there was Nazi Germany there was the Wiemar Republic and that was the scarcity. That scarcity paved the path for Nazism because people had heat of the moment thinking instead of big picture thinking. What I'm saying is that we can't take conditions for granted and ignore them. You can be working on yourself all you want yet if there are Political leaders who are about to nuke each others countries you can sit there meditating or doing Yoga yet once the bombs drop the bombs will drop. I'm saying as responsible human beings we can't just pretend anymore that conditions have nothing to do with us and everything is up to us. I'm not saying that I have a perfect solution yet the more we concentrate on these problems and the solutions to them the more we can create better conditions in the world so more people can look at a bigger picture and not have to constantly worry about survival needs. Just imagine if @Leo Gura somehow had his house hit by a tornado and lost all the money in his bank account with no way of making more money, and didn't have enough to buy another compute with internet access. Do you not think that conditions have something to do with the way we can develop ourselves and go with in ourselves? 

@BjarkeT Well unnecessary pain just for its own sake is dumb. You wouldn't bash your head against the wall to grow stronger? Or smack yourself in the face. 

Anyway this is more about removing the scarcity and inviting the abundance. When you live in the abundance you can still have a gym membership and hire the toughest coach on the planet instead of living in a post apocalyptic world that's been nuked by an argument between sociopaths. 

@Revolutionary Think No but i do want to challenge my comfort zone every day so i can handle the challenges life throws at me. If i stay inside my comfort zone my whole life i will get very little out of it and will be good to no one if something bad happens.

Some pain is really good for the body and brain for example learning is uncomfortable to really get the insight of an idea you have to be okay with being uncomfortable otherwise you won't get it same if you are trying to improve your craft for example with writing or piano you have to move out your comfort zone if you want to improve according to deliberate practice otherwise you won't improve. 

If you don't feel any pain as a body builder you are not likely to improve either. And if you don't challenge your comfort zone you won't be able to handle as many things in life as if you did challenge it.

“Life is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult-once we truly understand and accept it-then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.” scott m peck.

Also recommend looking up the marshmallow test. Those who could wait 20 minuts for an other marshmallow shown to be more successful in life than those who couldn't wait and that wasn't that easy job to do. 

Our ability to grow from pain i believe is a part of what moves us forward as a species. 

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeT I think you're missing the point. The reason I made the manifesto is so we should avoid disaster. Scarcity means a scarcity of resources spiritual and physical so if you really embraced pain why don't you right now give everything you own to charity and start from scratch. It'll be a painful journey to do something like that and outside of your comfort zone. There's a difference between going outside of your comfort zone and embracing pain which I do agree with you it helps. What I'm talking about here is true suffering that leads nations on the brink of war and people on the brink of suicide. I think if we avoided this we'd be living in a better world. I don't know what your history is yet I saw when someone asked if working 24/7 is manageable and you said that you doubt it and your body needs sleep. In a world of scarcity let's say if we got rid of all labor laws and a person had to work 24/7 and sleep was considered a luxury we'd all be suffering for it for no reason. This scenario would usually happen in a scarcity world as opposed to an abundance world. If pain is your thing in an abundance world you'd have the chance to buy a ticket to go climb mount Everest that would most likely push you out of your comfort zone and grow you. In a scarcity world just to survive if you needed to be a wage slave it wouldn't exactly be painful it would just be boring and mind numbing yet if you didn't do this job you'd run out of money and your survival needs. Do you understand it's not about pain and pleasure it's about creating a sustainable system that sustains physical and spiritual growth. It's about not being a mindless cog in a heartless machine. 

@Revolutionary Think I just wanted to point out that not all pain or suffering is bad because it looks like some want to aviod their problems rather than actually fix them(not you btw)

@BjarkeT point taken. With out the dark we wouldn't know what the light is. Feel free to look at the manifesto though. If you're up for a challenge of changing the world. 

Most people at West already live more then comfortable life, they just do not see it , we always want more, more and more and when we have everything we still do not see why we are so unhappy and empty inside.

You can say our objective reality has become way better, but suffering has not gone anywhere, just reasons and how it expresses has changed.

You can be broke, live in forest but be million times more happy then richest man in world who has everything that money can buy, again, I am not saying that social structure does not need change and it has no place, but it will not solve anything if main problem inside us is not fixed and that is one thing that you can not fix that easy, just giving better living conditions will not fix it, person can be happy for a moment for getting something, but after while he will again feel like he does not have enough. 

Again that's where spiritual abundance comes in. I agree with you on that and I even have a part in my manifesto where I talk about it. The West has an education system that does that. When people find their purpose and their passion then they plug themselves into it they don't feel (or at least I didn't) feel that sense of emptiness. Unfortunately our stage orange education system is shit. It keeps people in bondage and sometimes people come out with even less than what they started with. If we were given the chance to find out what our purpose is and what we truly value instead of all these tests, essays, and homework assignment on random subjects I'm sure the situation would change for the better.