Fairy

Tired of this no-self BS

29 posts in this topic

@Igor82 That's the spirit. I'm tired of Sam Harris, JP tier philosopical zombies who can only yap their mouth. Let's take this to the next level. You are the Space Monkey, root yourself open, jailbreak yourself.

Edited by Fairy

@Fairy Have you poured Lye on your hand? (Wonderful movie reference btw, love it!)

And if not, then isn't your opinion that "pouring lye on your hand will lead to true knowledge of the self" just an ideology? Are you not armchair philosophizing yourself? :P

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Yes. There will be pain. Who is experiencing it? Youre tired of yourself, we cant help you with that, only you can

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@TheAvatarState Didn't pour lye, but i did left my hand in freezing cold snow until my hand became purple.

All the resistance , all the mental gymnastics that the mind goes through during this period is enormous. Time broke, all my beliefs started to break, and all that there was was this burning sensation with thoughts trying to make me pull my hand out.

But right before i was about to lose my hand, i discovered my true self and i became enlightened at that moment using this very technique. This is was broke the camels back. I am now walking/talking/thinking without an ounce of resistance.

@Fairy

Keep an open mind and learn. You have a lot of misconceptions.

You are aware of the pain. Pain is happening to your body. Are you the body? Or the one that is aware of the body?

Who am I? This is the deepest question you could possibly ask yourself, at least for now.

@Fairy you know that can cause frostbite and permanent nerve damage right? Did you have the intent of attaining enlightenment before you started? And if so, what gave you the idea of trying something like that?

Psychedelics, meditation, and self-inquiry are much safer and more effective methods of attaining those understandings (and much much more). 

Discounting other (physically) safe methods of spirituality because you found success while almost losing your hand is not only irresponsible, but stupid. You probably don't have experience with these other methods, and don't understand the validity of them. Like others have said, you have a lot more to learn, and I'd challenge that you don't know nearly as much about "enlightenment" as you think you do. If you were enlightened, you wouldn't be encouraging people to physically harm themselves, now would you? 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 12/23/2018 at 6:17 PM, Fairy said:

@Igor82 You have to do it until you have a near-death experience, the self is sneaky and hidden and doesn't reveal itself unless you go in for the kill.

@Fairy I tried as you suggested but nothing revealed itself.

This was taken just before they thawed me out. 

The-shining-.jpg