Truth Addict

I see it but I don't get it.

42 posts in this topic

Okay, the Truth is what is. Synonymously, the Truth is the present moment, whatever the content is.

So what? What is so special about this? What is so spiritual about it? And how does it match with God, Nothingness etc..?

I'm a pretty decent human being, and I care about the Truth.

I understand that 'subject-object' duality is just an assumption and it must collapse, I don't suffer anymore (90% of the time), I enjoy life more, I go out in nature A LOT! I care a little about the dream character, and I don't really have much desires. I enjoy being alone.

I still have some addictions, but they're working their selves out, and I believe they're going to end soon. Insight: addiction is just a way (better put: natural mechanism) of maintaining survival. I could get angry or sad rarely and it ends so fast. I'm comfortable with ego backlashes as I notice them happening every now and then.

I don't view the so-called 'bad emotions' as bad anymore. Rather, I find them necessary.

I'm an introvert, and I'm comfortable with that. And I could indulge myself into low consciousness talks if I felt like it, which is a cool new feature I discovered recently, I became a pretty laid-back guy recently.

I mean, yes, the magic of life, I glimpse it. The sight and hearing and all that, how's it possible?! Amazing! Wonderful!

I still have some doubts about death and the afterlife.

Zero mystical experiences so far, and psychedelics are not on my radar.

I feel like there's a lot more for me to learn, and I don't feel fully satisfied with my metaphysics yet. But I know I'm on the right path.

You and other enlightenment people talk about 'nothingness, void, emptiness, etc..' which is something I can't relate to yet.

What is your advice ? What should I do? Is it only time that I need?

I believe you guys can read between the lines and know exactly what I need to hear. Because you always did!

Love you all ?

And thanks in advance.

There are various stages of 'getting it' and if you can't relate to what other people talk about, then it is best if you ignore it.
If you see value in practices, then do them. If not - enjoy your peaceful life.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Throw your conceptualizations to the trash and answer me this: who are you? 

Focus on finding that out, and everything will clear out. Dont mix "I understand" with "it makes sense to me". You dont understand, and thats why you are confused. 

Edited by molosku

31 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

... I became a pretty laid-back guy recently....

I feel like there's a lot more for me to learn, and I don't feel fully satisfied with my metaphysics yet. But I know I'm on the right path.

Forget about metaphysics, it is just speculation. Be content with being laid-back. Everything's fine.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Okay, the Truth is what is. Synonymously, the Truth is the present moment, whatever the content is.

So what? What is so special about this? What is so spiritual about it? And how does it match with God, Nothingness etc..?

I'm a pretty decent human being, and I care about the Truth.

I understand that 'subject-object' duality is just an assumption and it must collapse, I don't suffer anymore (90% of the time), I enjoy life more, I go out in nature A LOT! I care a little about the dream character, and I don't really have much desires. I enjoy being alone.

I still have some addictions, but they're working their selves out, and I believe they're going to end soon. Insight: addiction is just a way (better put: natural mechanism) of maintaining survival. I could get angry or sad rarely and it ends so fast. I'm comfortable with ego backlashes as I notice them happening every now and then.

I don't view the so-called 'bad emotions' as bad anymore. Rather, I find them necessary.

I'm an introvert, and I'm comfortable with that. And I could indulge myself into low consciousness talks if I felt like it, which is a cool new feature I discovered recently, I became a pretty laid-back guy recently.

I mean, yes, the magic of life, I glimpse it. The sight and hearing and all that, how's it possible?! Amazing! Wonderful!

I still have some doubts about death and the afterlife.

Zero mystical experiences so far, and psychedelics are not on my radar.

You and other enlightenment people talk about 'nothingness, void, emptiness, etc..' which is something I can't relate to yet.

I believe you guys can read between the lines and know exactly what I need to hear. Because you always did!

Love you all ?

And thanks in advance.

If you havent had any mystical experiences and psychedelics are not on your radar, I would suggest deepening your meditation and broadening your skills. That will definitely produce mystical experiences. It sounds like you have already made some great progress but maybe have stalled.

Wisdom Wide and Deep is a book that is basically the ancient Buddhist Vissuddhimagga for the Western mind that is complete with the most advanced meditation techniques. 

Deepen your Jhana (concentration meditation) absorbtions and you will enter new realms. After mastering the Jhanas, it sets the foundation for extremely profound and transformative Vipassana insights. The insights will show you nothingness, emptiness, impermanence, etc.

Spend the next decade mastering that book and it will lead to enlightenment. I like studying Buddhism for the techniques and Advaita Vedanta for evolution of the Atman and heart. Without the development of the heart, spiritual development seems dry with something important missing. To me, the evolution of the heart results in bringing love and beauty to others and being an instrument that the universe/Brahman/God can use for their evolution.

Untangle your attachments

Accept your aversions

Surrender

Once you have purified yourself to a certain point and surrendered, you will find the universe/God moving through you.

Edited by Matt8800

So... What's the question? If you're comfortable with life as it is, then what are you searching for? 

I understand that 'subject-object' duality is just an assumption and it must collapse,

@Truth Addict That's where the real magic starts to happen. When the world of seperate forms collapse and is reveiled as being of one substratum.

drop all stories and be 100% skeptical. have you ever been to a retreat?

unborn Truth

I literally laughed out loud when I read a poster named @Truth Addict asking what's so special about truth, such a beautiful irony. Then as I'm reading this post that appears to be a kind of checklist of spiritual things to say I am wondering if all this is where you are at it sounds pretty amazing to be, just be at peace with it.

Although, where you are really at seeps through your words, you aren't at peace with it, you are still desiring something more. This is the core of our discontent and can lead to suffering, the existential yearning that motivates all of our desire and craving. Quenching this yearning will bring a peace that transcends all meaning.

If you are at peace in just being and the existential yearning has been quenched there is a fulfillment that creates the presence in which anything we experience is enough, there is no wanting more or something else. To quench the yearning is through appreciation of what is, simply savoring and enjoying the moment for what it is.

If you had this 'existential bliss' there would be no questions to ask, no 'what's next' or 'what more', you would experience the whole, the fullness of it all. Which may sound like the opposite of the emptiness you asked about but in unity there is no difference between them, it's all one, it's complete.

25 minutes ago, Barna said:

So... What's the question? If you're comfortable with life as it is, then what are you searching for?

This....so concisely put.

Edited by SOUL

You ain't gonna get it without hardcore spiritual practice or psychedelics.

Go do a psychedelic retreat. Then you will get it. Because right now you ain't got anywhere close to Truth. You are lost inside a hallucination with no idea of how to escape.

Psychedelics are no joke. They are a crucial tool in the journey for ordinary people. The average person will NEVER grasp the depth of this work without psychedelics. Even people who meditate will still miss the depth of this work.

It is worth your time and effort to do a retreat. Stop being lazy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

you claim to see it, but you don't.

In fact the seeing is the goal - not the getting it

Edited by Bluff

3 hours ago, FrgttnDeer said:

have you tried self-inquiry?

Tired of chasing myself!

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

There are various stages of 'getting it' and if you can't relate to what other people talk about, then it is best if you ignore it.
If you see value in practices, then do them. If not - enjoy your peaceful life.

Well, it isn't 100% peaceful. I'm not fully satisfied yet.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Truth Addict What if you are the truth, and therefore you can only experience lie. 

Whoa! That was orgasmic! I like it.

I think that's exactly what I needed to hear. Imma dig here. Thank you @Nahm ?

3 hours ago, molosku said:

Throw your conceptualizations to the trash and answer me this: who are you? 

Focus on finding that out, and everything will clear out. Dont mix "I understand" with "it makes sense to me". You dont understand, and thats why you are confused. 

I just am.

Yes, I lack focus. And maybe I'm confusing some terms with others. That's why I'm asking. Thank you.

2 hours ago, ground said:

Forget about metaphysics, it is just speculation. Be content with being laid-back. Everything's fine.

But I don't know what the Truth is existentially. And I want to know.

2 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

If you havent had any mystical experiences and psychedelics are not on your radar, I would suggest deepening your meditation and broadening your skills. That will definitely produce mystical experiences. It sounds like you have already made some great progress but maybe have stalled.

Wisdom Wide and Deep is a book that is basically the ancient Buddhist Vissuddhimagga for the Western mind that is complete with the most advanced meditation techniques. 

Deepen your Jhana (concentration meditation) absorbtions and you will enter new realms. After mastering the Jhanas, it sets the foundation for extremely profound and transformative Vipassana insights. The insights will show you nothingness, emptiness, impermanence, etc.

Spend the next decade mastering that book and it will lead to enlightenment. I like studying Buddhism for the techniques and Advaita Vedanta for evolution of the Atman and heart. Without the development of the heart, spiritual development seems dry with something important missing. To me, the evolution of the heart results in bringing love and beauty to others and being an instrument that the universe/Brahman/God can use for their evolution.

Untangle your attachments

Accept your aversions

Surrender

Once you have purified yourself to a certain point and surrendered, you will find the universe/God moving through you.

Thanks for your generous response. I lack concentration, I think you gave it to me directly: Concentration meditation.

??

2 hours ago, Barna said:

Consider it a hobby! Digging into reality to find the Absolute.

Not every act stems from suffering. Some stem from love.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@Truth Addict That's where the real magic starts to happen. When the world of seperate forms collapse and is reveiled as being of one substratum.

That's exactly what I'm asking about. What is the present moment existentially? I gotta go hardcore, I guess. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

You'll get it when you realise there's nothing to get, and totally surrender to not-knowing.

I don't mind not-knowing. But I don't get it.

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

drop all stories and be 100% skeptical. have you ever been to a retreat?

I'm trying to do that as much as I can.

No, I have never been.

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

I literally laughed out loud when I read a poster named @Truth Addict asking what's so special about truth, such a beautiful irony. Then as I'm reading this post that appears to be a kind of checklist of spiritual things to say I am wondering if all this is where you are at it sounds pretty amazing to be, just be at peace with it.

Although, where you are really at seeps through your words, you aren't at peace with it, you are still desiring something more. This is the core of our discontent and can lead to suffering, the existential yearning that motivates all of our desire and craving. Quenching this yearning will bring a peace that transcends all meaning.

If you are at peace in just being and the existential yearning has been quenched there is a fulfillment that creates the presence in which anything we experience is enough, there is no wanting more or something else. To quench the yearning is through appreciation of what is, simply savoring and enjoying the moment for what it is.

If you had this 'existential bliss' there would be no questions to ask, no 'what's next' or 'what more', you would experience the whole, the fullness of it all. Which may sound like the opposite of the emptiness you asked about but in unity there is no difference between them, it's all one, it's complete.

This....so concisely put.

I'm not fully satisfied with my answers. I acknowledge that. That's why I'm asking. There is something more to reality than I think I know. And I want to know.

But by all means, thank you for your beautifully written post, and your innocent laughter. And moreover, thank you for your time.

1 minute ago, Truth Addict said:

Consider it a hobby! Digging into reality to find the Absolute.

Not every act stems from suffering. Some stem from love.

I like this. 

I don't know either what's all the fuss about the present moment. But... I don't see anything else that exists, so... what else should I spend my time with? :D 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You ain't gonna get it without hardcore spiritual practice or psychedelics.

Go do a psychedelic retreat. Then you will get it. Because right now you ain't got anywhere close to Truth. You are lost inside a hallucination with no idea of how to escape.

Psychedelics are no joke. They are a crucial tool in the journey for ordinary people. The average person will NEVER grasp the depth of this work without psychedelics. Even people who meditate will still miss the depth of this work.

It is worth your time and effort to do a retreat. Stop being lazy.

I just love how your words motivate me Leo! ?

I would love to do some psychedelics at any given chance. But from my place, it's far ahead. Maybe a couple of years when I get a handle on my financial situation, and when I move to another country. Of course I'm planning to do so.

It's good to know the ways that won't work.

I'm very grateful for you, and I admire your work.

Right now, I'm going to go hardcore with the practices. Thank you ?

1 hour ago, Bluff said:

you claim to see it, but you don't.

In fact the seeing is the goal - not the getting it

Dude, I'm not a native speaker. Pardon me.

4 minutes ago, Barna said:

I like this. 

I don't know either what's all the fuss about the present moment. But... I don't see anything else that exists, so... what else should I spend my time with? :D 

Good point! That's why I'm here.

There's nothing better to do.