Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andyjohnsonman

evidence supporting the materialist paradigm

11 posts in this topic

There is scientific evidence that if you damage a persons part of the brain that mediates empathy that person doesn’t feel  empathy anymore doesnt that disprove idealism and show that the materialist paradigm is accurate?

1 hour ago, andyjohnsonman said:

There is scientific evidence that if you damage a persons part of the brain that mediates empathy that person doesn’t feel  empathy anymore doesnt that disprove idealism and show that the materialist paradigm is accurate?

It shows that science can measure certain things and call them something which they are not

If you think this proves materialism you need to contemplate epistemology and metaphysics more 

@andyjohnsonman This was explained in my video: Why Brains Do Not Exist

Science and the brain are themselves part of the entire hallucination you call reality.

Ask yourself this: Where is the proof that all of science as a whole is not a hallucination? If the universe is a hallucination, so is science and so are all methods of proof.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Does this prove that the brain is responsible for our perceptions? Or does it just prove that a perception of the brain is merely linked to our perceptions? Does a dream or hallucination not have "rules?" This doesn't actually prove anything if you observe enough. Go deeper.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Which is prior? Experience or the explanation of experience?

In other words, which is first? The story itself or the telling of it?

Edited by Truth Addict

10 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

In the sphere of science, yes.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

14 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

The brain creates thoughts and feelings but what is aware of those thoughts and feelings?

Unlike most people that are drawn to spirituality, I was not one of those that naturally felt empathy. There have been times in my life that I have wondered if I was on the spectrum of psychopathy.

Feeling empathy is merely an experience created by the brain, as you pointed out. The intention to embody love is different than feeling love. What I found is that if I cultivate the intention to embody love, it seems to help cultivate feelings of love. 

Brain scans were given to buddhist monks that have been practicing loving-kindness meditation for decades and they found their brains were structured quite differently than non-meditators. The speculation is that the brain restructures itself through neuroplasticity. 

The True Self is beyond experiences, feelings and thoughts.

Edited by Matt8800

4 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Which is prior? Experience or the explanation of experience?

In other words, which is first? The story itself or the telling of it?

Ok, then what about the experience of losing consciousness? Doesn't it prove experientially that you can be dead from the materialistic point of view?  

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

32 minutes ago, wheelspawn said:

If my brain isn't real, why can't I make it go poof and go flying around the galaxy in a disembodied state? What is the point of brains existing at all, even as hallucinations?

You can! That's called Astral Priojection. And you do so every night when you dream.

But your mind is too weak right now. It requires training.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The observer effect

Studies done with the consciousness of water

Multiple personality disorder, people who's allergies and chemical composition change as their personality switches

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!