Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sword

What is Intelligence?

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday I did some serious self-inquiry. I kept trying to concretely pin down the self. Every time I locked into the sensation of self, I asked: "but who is experience this sensation". Eventually it became evident that the "self" is just another perception, and that perception is all that there is. I also realized that thoughts are just another form of perception. They come from nowhere, go nowhere, and happen to no one. I got a glimpse of what would happen if I seriously continued a self-inquiry practice for an extended period. I would finally be free from the persistent chain of thoughts that I call the "self". I would no longer exist. I would see the world as it really is (without the false perception of a self). Is this what it means to cleanse the doors of perception?

The biggest shock from my small glimpse of unfiltered reality was that intelligence exists! I noticed that everything is a perception field, but I also noticed that the strings of perceptions and thoughts I experienced were continuous and made sense. How is consciousness/the universe inherently intelligent? And what is intelligence?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

1 hour ago, sword said:

Yesterday I did some serious self-inquiry. I kept trying to concretely pin down the self. Every time I locked into the sensation of self, I asked: "but who is experience this sensation". Eventually it became evident that the "self" is just another perception, and that perception is all that there is. I also realized that thoughts are just another form of perception. They come from nowhere, go nowhere, and happen to no one.

So far so good.

1 hour ago, sword said:

I got a glimpse of what would happen if I seriously continued a self-inquiry practice for an extended period. I would finally be free from the persistent chain of thoughts that I call the "self". I would no longer exist. I would see the world as it really is (without the false perception of a self). Is this what it means to cleanse the doors of perception?

you are speculating: 'what would happen if ...', 'I would finally be free ...', 'I would no longer exist', 'I would see the world as ...'

1 hour ago, sword said:

The biggest shock from my small glimpse of unfiltered reality was that intelligence exists! I noticed that everything is a perception field, but I also noticed that the strings of perceptions and thoughts I experienced were continuous and made sense. How is consciousness/the universe inherently intelligent? And what is intelligence?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

I'd suggest you distinguish first hand direct perception from speculation and concepts you learned from others.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

20 minutes ago, ground said:

I'd suggest you distinguish first hand direct perception from speculation and concepts you learned from others

Thanks for the advice! I'm am still at the very early stages of self-inquiry. Distinguishing the two can be difficult because speculation and concepts occur as perceptions. But I think I know what you mean. My plan going forward is to question everything more deeply and see what holds up against raw perception.

Maybe Leo's hand exercise could help me.