Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Tarpall

Why is order better than chaos?

9 posts in this topic

I would say that order is better than chaos in most cases. But I do enjoy chaos sometimes. It makes life more interesting.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

They are two sides of the same coin. But the ego-mind prefers order because order is necessary for its survival. By the very fact of being alive you must prefer order.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

As someone who values clarity and being the architect of my life, I think order is better. But maybe that is because I am too male polarized. Perhaps I could learn something from letting go and embracing chaos. At first I thought the answer was obvious, but I think Leo is right, it is just yin and yang.

58 minutes ago, Winter said:

This question is nothing but a distraction for both you and me.

You didn't have to answer it. You could have spent that "time" on eating grapefruits.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They are two sides of the same coin. But the ego-mind prefers order because order is necessary for its survival. By the very fact of being alive you must prefer order.

That makes sense. Maybe adding chaos to the daily routine can help dissolve the ego. Like for example doing something that's not aligned with your identity every day. Something out of character.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

You can find endless arguments for both. Ridiculous to assume one would be "right"

Self-ordering chaos, or a self-dissolving order can be a useful human perspective.
You can smell the intelligence behind it.

One can also see it as potential not taken form.

This are only concepts. There can be order in apparent chaos and viceversa. So this is relative. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

It's not one or the other -- it's one and the other.  It's order and chaos.

Edited by Joseph Maynor