Conceptually-made

Candy flipping

26 posts in this topic

Only people I know who candyflipped were noncomformist escapist ravers when I was part of the Bay Area Underground Rave scene. You’re wasting your time chasing experience. People who candyflip are just looking for a good time seeking egoic experiences in the name of spirituality. 

12 hours ago, kieranperez said:

People who candyflip are just looking for a good time seeking egoic experiences in the name of spirituality. 

That is such a generalization. How are you making this general statement from your limited observation of people doing it? 

I think, as always, you got people misusing it/using it recreationally and people using it for personal growth. Yes, you are playing with fire, that doesn't mean the transformative nature of these substances is suddenly thrown out the window. Yes it's dangerous, doesn't mean you can't go super deep on a mix trip as you can on a single substance trip.

Let's not drift into demonization and devaluating everything that fits in the box of what some just decided to call wrong or bad.

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

6 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

That is such a generalization. How are you making this general statement from your limited observation of people doing it? 

I think, as always, you got people misusing it/using it recreationally and people using it for personal growth. Yes, you are playing with fire, that doesn't mean the transformative nature of these substances is suddenly thrown out the window. Yes it's dangerous, doesn't mean you can't go super deep on a mix trip as you can on a single substance trip.

Let's not drift into demonization and devaluating everything that fits in the box of what some just decided to call wrong or bad.

Look at the people who actually candyflip. I’ve seen hundreds of people candyflip at this point. If you’re trying to find a magic cocktail to enlightenment, then by all means knock yourself out. See how that goes. These people who candyflip “just want to explore other ends of the universe,” and are again, just chasing egoic titiliating experience in the name of spirtuality. What are you ACTUALLY looking for? You have 5-MeO-DMT that shoots you straight to God and as far as I’m concerned, deeper into God the more you use it over time. You have other chemicals and substances like LSD, psilocybin, AL-Lad, and some 2c class chemicals and so forth that can enhances Contemplation and even be used for getting in touch with intuition and if you learn enough about them, can use them for psychotherapeutic purposes on yourself. So again, I ask you, what are you really looking for? Is God not enough to please baby ego? You’re simply looking for experience. 

I’m not saying anything is wrong or bad. I’m saying you’re chasing experience and making something more complex than it has to be just for the sake of making it complex. That’s very different. I don’t really care or have a moral issue with what you do or how people use psychedelics. If you’re at a party and what not and just want to fuck around, go knock yourself out. Candyflipping is (dangerous yet) awesome for that. I have no problem with that. I’ve had hundreds of friends candyflip at raves. Psychedelics don’t need to be used for strictly spiritual purposes. You can use it to have fun and experience radically different states of consciousness. But call it for it is. If you’re chasing experience in the name of seeking Truth, you need someone to call you on your shit. 

Edited by kieranperez

@kieranperez Everybody is looking for experience. The reason why we were born is that we were looking for experience. 

5-meo is an amazing substance. But how much did 5-meo help you to overcome the habit of judging people? :D

Edited by Barna

I'm gonna have to disagree with even Leo this time; mixing LSD (or shrooms) and MDMA to me is way better than either separate for personal growth and sows the seeds for a beautiful afterglow/rebirth that can sometimes last for weeks

@kieranperez thats still a huge over-generalization. Of course people chase experiences with drugs and candyflips, thats a no brainer but this matter is not that black and white.

I have witnessed only one candy flip (non party setting) and that lead to a genuine non-dual insight. That experience/candyflip did not ask anyones opinion on is it an optimal choise of drugs to awaken or not. Could that be replicated, like 5-meo-dmt awakening sort of can be? No! Thats not the point. My point is to not be so dismissive. There is a distinction between a drug and the people who use and do whatever under the influence of said drug. 

By your criteria of "just chasing experiences" no other drug than 5-meo (and similar drugs im not familiar with) is sufficiently "pure" to be regarded as a true tool for spiritual growth. You would candyflip in a heartbeat if I could promise it to perma enlighten you, you could not care less if it would have wonky fuzzy warm euphoric titiliating effects. 

I have not candyflipped ever btw, and am not interested in it. Regular classic psychedelics are powerfull enough and are in my opinion, more reliable and safer than combinations. 

Edited by molosku