Cortex

Spiral Dynamics Stage Coral

29 posts in this topic

This would be one of the most interesting topics 

It's time to discover stage coral, even if it means just speculating about it for now 

Star Wars could be of help. :D

But I don't think it's coming anytime soon. Spiral Dynamics as a model has developed from observation and not speculation. Plus, it's a lot about the circumstances that bring a stage alongwith the openness of an individual to transform. 

Until Leo himself transcends Turquoise and puts him in the position that make Coral manifest - Hmmm.. Maybe with Mars settlement and need for new forms of governance. 

Rilles, there is so much to say and speculate about this stage, it's really mindblowing 

I think Leo is definitely carving the way. It'll probably take a significant portion of the population reaching turquoise before we can hit coral. I'd love to hear about it, though. 

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

Is this a real thing? What do you know about it? When I researched it, there were just some people who said, that Putin is coral etc... Is there any legitimate resource? 

There must be, the reason for this is that someone without experience is talking about it 

Stage Coral would be great, and speculating about it even more interesting, and this is great because individualistic stage is on top 

Leo includes stage coral in his list, but he hasn't described it at all yet

In what way is stage coral related to bringing humanity to other planets?

@tenta

Every occurring stage has a new set of concerns. You can see yellow as making sense of the complexity of the world and Turquoise as making earth a harmonious whole. The primary difference between tier 1 and tier 2 is the freedom from fear/compulsion. Yellow (Tier 2 Stage 1) is akin to Beige (Tier 1 Stage 1) in the sense that both have fresh untainted perspective and concern the individual.  For Turquoise(Tier 2 Stage 2) the tribe is earth and the mystery of life much more experiential - akin to Purple (Tier 1 Stage 1) with less mystery and more mysticism.

For Coral, there might be similarities with Red. Coinciding with Mars settlements expected in the coming decades, there might be a development of assertive, courageous, decisive and action-oriented individuals who deal with the uncertainties of exploring new planets. It's a matter of life and death again, what Red was very adept at taking care of. The primary difference would be incredibly larger circle of concern. 

I haven't read a lot and this is just speculation on my part. 

Himanshu,That's amazing :o so how would Orange look like in this, that's fascinating theory :o

Okay, I'm enjoying this, so here we go:

It's important to note that tier 2 starts with the transition of an individual from pre-programming to self-programming. 

This is one of the epiphanies that creates the transition from Green to Yellow. That is why highly intellectual people(who have had enough knowledge to gain a glimpse of the whole game) in stage blue may show Yellow characteristics (Jordan Peterson for example).

The understanding that one can consciously create oneself fully blossoms in Turquoise when the wholeness of the earth becomes an existential reality. If nothing is required, Turquoise is at rest. If it is not required, why do something? Everything is great and nature is taking care of us all. All we need is alignment with the whole. (which may sound much wiser but somewhat similar to Stage Purple 'we must please the mysterious spirits') 

Coral may be founded on the research development of Yellow, particularly in areas of personal development  - using AI, augmenting senses for specialized, superior perception, blending natural and artificial means for enhancing one's life experience and developing mind-body mastery. Mixing intense meditation and brain machines. Mixing psychedelics with say, sense deprivation chambers. 

It is important to understand that if you lack a solid grounding in Turquoise: if your meditations are not industrial grade (as Leo says), Coral is just a fantasy/cheap imitation of/by Stage Orange. If you're not grounded in the nuanced/systemic thinking of yellow and existential wholeness/interdependence developed at Turquoise, the unhealthy aspects of Coral thus developed will only wreak havoc. AI is not a shortcut, it's a mighty tool and must be handled as such. 

Turquoise understands individual as a manifestation of the whole and vice versa. Coral may seek to bring direction to the equilibrium thus produced. When each child knows, as is told in Isha Foundation's schools: Aham Brahmasmi (I am the cosmos), there will be a desire to break out and go further. 

Defining power as the ability to bring desired changes within oneself and onto the world. With the Internet and free dispersion of knowledge, each one of us is way more powerful than someone two decades back. This is basically what brought Yellow to the mainstream, which 3-4 decades back would have been a small circle of academic intellectuals.

With further technological growth and deep learning (the ability of machines to learn on its own through input alone), we may find more and more seamless human-machine augmentation, making an individual much more powerful than currently imaginable, which might just be what manifests Coral. 

Anything beyond this is too far out for me to imagine/speculate, neither do I find it a productive discussion. 

[Edit] Found this really interesting article:

https://medium.com/@sterlingcooley/coral-meme-spiral-dynamics-level-9-3db412799198

Edited by Himanshu

@Himanshu The article to me just seems like tier 1 ego town full of aggresive reactions. I also don't know what do they mean by Turquoise overlords... Otherwise, I resonate with your own description of the meme, altough we cannot know really.

Turquiose would be pretty undeveloped compared to Coral, Coral would be great and individualistic stage, and it would be better than Turquiose, Think about that ! 

Yes, this is intersting and challenging to research, Leo may not be there yet, most of it would be speculations rather than speaking from experience, and there is also Stage Teal which comes after.

I didn't research or read anything about them, but I guess the second half of "The Ox Herding stages of enlightenment" may be relative to stage Coral and Teal.

@Rufus  I had that theory too. The 10th picture looks like some sort of Enlightened blue/green to me at least.