Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Key Elements

How's your path so far?

19 posts in this topic

Where are you at on your path, and what do you recommend (if anything)?

Tell us a little more about your path.

My path began when I heard [what I'm pretty sure was] God's voice...as a Christian, I would have believed in the supernatural power of the holy ghost and things he told me came to pass. And so one day I seen Leo and the voice just said "stop, dig here." And Id grown so familiar with this voice telling me shit that I just obeyed it (as we were taught to do). I remember thinking, "How the hell does this guy have more spiritual revelation than my Christian teachers." Lo and behold, the voice was right. I knew something dramatic was going to happen, the voice had told me 2 months in advance that I was really going to like what was heading my direction...nearly as if it was a gift from Him. After I started meditating things really started to line up and make a shit ton of sense. EVERYTHING made sense, and yet this clarity was accompanied by a deep confusion as well, it was around this point where I realised confusion was good. So for 3 months I just trusted, not having a baldy notion what the hell I was doing.

I could recognise that I was meant to be doing it. Then I guess it brings me to now, where I have a cold and I'm struggling to meditate for an hour (could only do 25-30 minutes of practise the last two days). 

Like I said, so many things made sense. I had come to see what Christianity actually was, it's a fucking riddle! A story to convey spiritual principals...i just needed to follow the spiritual rules (direct experience, no ideologies etc). I've dedicated myself to this now, and whether it take me 50 weeks or 50 years, I'm going to get enlightened. I'm meeting someone in Northern Ireland who is involved with spirituality as well and I plan on getting DMT to, take it at the end of a retreat lol.need to research it tho. But yes, I know enlightenment is the only thing that matters, it's the only thing that has ever mattered. 

I am a devote seeker of truth (seriously devoted) and I have never encountered something as potent and pure and this work. It is beyond words. I can't wait to get enlightened. Imma die eventually then BOOM enlightenment

Edited by Aaron p

I'm at the beginning, I do self-inquiry every now and then. It's interesting.

I started watching Leo in 2014.  Really from that point to now I've been working heavily on my Personal Development Work.  Early 2017 was when things really started shifting for me with Enlightenment Work.  I could say 2017 and 2018 have been my two biggest years in terms of development and results.  2017 was more about Enlightenment Work, but not exclusively.  2018 was more about bringing it all together for me.  It's interesting to see those trends over the last 2 years.  Right now I'm working on career change primarily.  As a subtext to that I'm really interested in the topic of "making change" right now -- so, it's issues related to change that fascinate me in Personal Development right now, such as "How do I change my life?"  What I've found is there is a strategy to do this.  You can actually set yourself up to be a change agent.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The unexpected, error, bug in the matrix, caused by "No bullshit guide to meditation video by Leo"

He accidentally proposed watchers: "Commit to doing meditations everyday at least 20 minutes a day from now on"

Unexpected behavior by non_nothing, he took that granted. Very well said "I'm sure none of you will commit doing it everyday, maybe one or three watchers of this video will take this and commit doing it for their entire lives" by Leo.

Now It's been almost 16 months, what I have come here to say is

"Commit doing meditations everyday for the rest of your life with no exceptions"

Every rest path is detail

I approach actualization as a 3 centered being. The 'Hara' is a part of my Instinctual Center.

The feeling center is concentrated in the heart area and the front side of the physical body.

The Intellectual center is in the head brain of my Automaton.

When my 3 centers are out of balance, I'm spiritually asleep, disconnected from Being. A common condition is when I just have  1 or 2 centers online. Usually for me it has meant being stuck in my head. Neurotic,,, non-stop internal dialogue. No inner quiet. Disconnected from the groundedness in my Instinctive (Belly) Center.

Making my Automaton do Centering Prayer twice a day is key for me to stay balanced.

Typologies

I heard Ken Wilbur describe himself once as an cerebrotonic ectomorph so I went and investigated and determined that I was a  somatotonic mesomorph.

Of the endocrine typology, I'm an adrenal (mars) type. Or rather my body is that type.

Im not my body though. I have a body. I refer to it sometimes as my Automaton. I have to take care of my Automaton.

My Automaton has a Virgo filter software program running in it. I'm not my software though.

I'm not my hardware and I'm not my software.

Being is who/what I am. My being is partly comprised of my understanding.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

15 years ago I got into lucid dreaming and then astral projection which shook my perception of reality. That led me to Buddhism which led me to Leo who led me to non duality. Last year I did a vipassana and that was when my work really began.
Unfortunately my job takes to much of my time I hardly have time for friends and family or spirituality. Working on changing that.

In retrospect, I have been on the path for as long as I can remember.
I have always been a curious kid with a keen eye and desire to get to the bottom of things.
I stumbled across Leo 2-3 years ago when I wanted to learn about meditation. This is how I learned that there is such a thing as a path.
Since then, meditation sort of meshed with my everyday life and I realized that pursuit of wisdom is the most important factor of my life.
My first awakening happened around 5 years ago, spontaneously during a few weeks long guided self-inquiry with Martin Heidegger's Being and Time.

The method mostly consists of contemplation, meditation (do nothing, zazen, sometimes sds, mindfulness), and self inquiry.
The biggest challenge is that I value self-reliance and intuition a lot and my revelations are mostly untranslatable.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

For me it feels like the path has yet to begin. Over time I always find new information and "start over". I still feel that my true path is years away from beginning.

Where you are is where the entire universe resides. As you are the path, you project what you reflect.

B R E A T H E

Heavily use of Mdma...  I knew there is something more and that i can naturally feel that love , awarness.

FCF2BD17-057D-4ADF-9028-850804A56019.jpeg 

After this video i am doing Self inquiry all day long ... Couple days ago awakening happend only nothingness awareness was there no monkey mind no beliefs just wow. Now i am trying to go to that place until it’s permanent.

@Key Elements Hey Ive never been in more excruciating pain and discomfort than in the last few weeks. I must be doing something very right.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

I just turned 19 and i've been meditating pretty consistently for about 3 months. My path began after reading the book "Passage Meditation" by a (IMO) underrated spiritual writer, Eknath Easwaran. I only picked up the book because I was bored, but all the stars aligned after reading the first page. I realized almost instantly that meditation was the key component missing from my life. Later that day I also watched my first video of Leo's, The No Bullshit Guide To Meditation, I guess the title just stood out to me. In the video he basically challenges you to commit to 20 mins a day for the rest of your life, I'm at around 50 hours of meditation after watching that video, but that's not counting the 10 day vippassana retreat I did. As for the future I plan on continuing my meditation practice (obviously), but I'd like to structure the rest of my life as though it was just one long meditation retreat, which if I learned anything from the course, is how life is meant to be lived.

The most important concepts for me to understand were values, acceptance, commitment, and pacing and how they related to contentment. During the early stages of the path I had to get clear on what I valued (health, relationships, hobbies, career, spirituality, education). After getting really clear on what I wanted out of life I made a series of commitments based on those values. I had to give up addictions and distractions in order to make room for the things that mattered to me. From there it was, and still is, an ongoing recalibration of the pace at which I move, balancing acceptance and commitment. Once I figured out how to pace myself I was finally able to enjoy life.

20 hours ago, luckieluuke said:

15 years ago I got into lucid dreaming and then astral projection which shook my perception of reality. That led me to Buddhism which led me to Leo who led me to non duality. Last year I did a vipassana and that was when my work really began.
Unfortunately my job takes to much of my time I hardly have time for friends and family or spirituality. Working on changing that.

@luckieluuke you wouldn't want to end up living to work as opposed to working to live :S

16 hours ago, Martin123 said:

@Key Elements Hey Ive never been in more excruciating pain and discomfort than in the last few weeks. I must be doing something very right.

Not sure about doing right, but you will learn allot! :D

30c7cc19e65a47ae187e15d58f9c0476.jpg

At least I have pants

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them