Akuma

NEW JRE podcast on Consciousness

13 posts in this topic

I've just watched the JRE podcast with Sir Roger Penrose. 

The podcast is all about consciousness. But I still cannot fathom how are they missing this important distinction between thoughts, concepts, ideologies, prejudices, etc. and pure consciousness.

Even Joe talks about how he is sceptical of the woo-woo consciousness talk. He is correct he should be sceptical of other ideologies but can't anyone show him he needs to at least make the difference between thoughts and the space between thoughts. 

Sir Roger Penrose is 87 years old and a very smart, sharp cat. How wasn't he able to at least grasp some minor truth regarding consciousness for all those 87 years of life experience, studying and research? Perplexes me.

Just wanted to share it with the forum.

Here is the link:

Don't expect such people to grasp what consciousness is. I spoil you guys with too much advanced wisdom ;)

Do not expect unenlightened folk to understand what consciousness is. It is basically impossible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Akuma I know its bad but ive started to struggle bothering listening to materialists talk about anything the same way I struggle bothering listening to religious people talk about anything. That said though, this particular talk seems interesting.  He seems intelligent for an 87 year old lmao. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Penrose is great stage Yellowish scientist. But he lacks direct nondual experience. He's about where Albert Einstein and the fathers of quantum mechanics were. But that's still not high enough to really understand what consciousness is. So close yet so far.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Yes, Penrose does seem to emit a lot of stage yellowish vibes. And thanks to watching your eloquent videos on Spiral Dynamics (each episode multiple times), I have some understanding of what you mean.

You do spoil us with staggering amounts of wisdom. There were countless times where I have cried like a baby after watching a video of yours (Absolute Infinity episodes come into mind right now).

It almost feels like we don't deserve you, Leo. I know it sounds absolutely cliched and very airy-fairy, but you've literally saved my life. Love you, Thank you ? ❤. I hope to meet you someday ?

Edited by Akuma

He's right at the brink - he just needs a non-dual experience...like Leo said he is right where Einstein was...sadly it is said that none of the founding fathers of Quantum Mechanics were enlightened.

The problem is these guys have been scientists there entire life, so to become 100% open minded to spirituality is nearly impossible for them.

The only way you can discover the truth for yourself is if you are completely unbiased to ANYTHING.   

That you don't have any paradigms of your own or at least are open to others.

I don't know much about Joe other than remembering seeing him host MMA fights - but he seems open minded and may just need to stumble on Actualized.org and actually mediate and maybe take some DMT LOL.  I think he would be dumbfounded.

Long term scientists might be a different story.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

and maybe take some DMT

Joe has done DMT many times. Huge psychedelic advocate.

2 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

Joe has done DMT many times.

as well as 5-MeO

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Yeah, I remember watching this and being underwhelmed. I actually havent finished it yet.

You can tell this guy is truly a math/physics genius, but his explanation behind the biological component that cannot be explained by the theorem he mentioned (microtubules?) is either grossly oversimplified for explanation's sake, or simply just hand-wavy. I think it might be a little of both, otherwise I'm curious to know the details. I know more about biology than the average person too though, so I'm not sure.

There was nothing deep about this talk on the level of consciousness as we know it...unfortunately. Except maybe that it can't be explained by an algorithm.