youngshinzen

Working out=high vulnerability?

19 posts in this topic

Hi,

I started working out again and I feel more vulnerable to stress, even small triggers cause a burning sensation in the chest and I‘m very tense. The only thing that gives me a short relief is to breath in deeply. Even after switching to a light workout and an off day these symptoms are  very noticeable. The last period of constantly working out was 3 months ago and during that time I felt the most stress in years.

@Leo Gura I read somewhere that you‘re not working out to save energy. Did you have these symptoms too?

any chance that is just a muscle soreness from the exercise? Especially since you said you haven't worked out for a while. That would be a common response and will go away after some time.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 That‘s why I mentioned the previous period of working out that went on for a few months. There I already got used to working out and the body was not sore anymore. 

@youngshinzen sometimes it takes a very short time away from the gym for the body to get unaccustomed to exercise which may trigger soreness again. This may be as little as 10 days off.

Also, curious...when you say you feel stressed after exercise. Is it more like mental or physical stress?

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Physically, there‘s a lot of pressure in my body, mostly in the chest and upper back. It feels like screaming and punching would help. I had the same feeling when I used to drink coffee or coke until a few months ago, which I don‘t anymore because of this effect. Blood pressure is alright though. 

On a mental level I get triggered easily and fall out of balance instead of being relaxed or grounded.

Edited by youngshinzen

@youngshinzen some people are genetically very slow coffee metabolisers and when they take it , it creates a havoc in their nervous system with a lot of anxiety and depression...perhaps that could be your case as well. I know couple people who have that..it is also possible to test this.

Regarding the exercise response, I am not really sure but could be that your stress coping mechanism (the sympathetic nervous system) needs to be boosted...could be a genetic adrenal weakness. Do you often get any of the following?: cold hands/feet , sense of being overwhelmed, difficulty getting up in the morning , lot of energy right before going to sleep , sugar crash after meals, lot of tiredness and feeling of disinterest in life, jerky uncontrolled movements in various body parts, difficulty catching breath sometimes / asthma?

Also, wondering if you've ever had a condition called Addison's disease in the family?

9 hours ago, Michael569 said:

sometimes it takes a very short time away from the gym for the body to get unaccustomed to exercise which may trigger soreness again.

Why is this Michael? As in why it can take such a short period of time.

@Michael569

How can the coffee unsuitability be tested? And how can I boost the nervous system?

A few years ago I had a psychosis and since then my stress tolerance is lower. I saw the nephrologist and he said that the kidneys seem to be fine (ultrasound and urine test for protein). I have all the symptoms you mentioned to varying degrees, except spontaneous movements. 

Regarding addisons desease, I‘m not aware of close relatives that have had this problem.

@youngshinzen Hey its actually not that complicated. Youre more sensitive to energy now. The sensations you feel in your body are energies that you werent attuned to before - thats what happens with meditation and other spiritual practices. They make you more sensitive (thats what intuition is - sensitive to subtle forces).
Sometimes when you become more sensitive, some tasks can be unbearble for periods of time, so just to let you know there is no need to pressure yourself. When we are becoming more sensitive it is really not a time to enforce more discipline onto our bodies and minds. It is time to shower ourselves with absolute unconditional self-compassion, self-love and self-care. Once you start basking in the glory of self-love, your sensitivities will increase and integrate into your being. Then there will be space for more masculine energy to be embodied - discipline, working out, taking action etc. Time and place... divine timing for everything.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@youngshinzen there is a genetic testing they do here in the uk, the company is called Genova, can't remember the name of the test. They test for variety of things including alcohol your metabolism capacity, tolerance to various substances, predisposition to things such as Coeliac's disease etc...the coffee thingy was just one of them. 

If I had to guess from what you've told me so far, I'd say your adrenal glands are very weak, They are tiny glands at a size of cherry sitting on top of your kidneys. Could be that the psychosis has overstressed them and they have been struggling since. When healthy these produce neurotransmitters and steroid hormones (adrenaline, noradrenaline and hormone cortisol) that help you cope with stressful situations. When weak they may produce symptoms such as anxiety and panic attacks when person is under stress. Addison's is when they shut down completely and that may lead to addisonian crisis. 

Without wanting to play smartass here, I think you would benefit from a treatment aimed on strenghtening your adrenal glands. It is absolutely possible. There are some very powerful herbs and herbal tinctures out there. Licorice is one of them. I'd say speak to naturopath, herbalist or a functional doctor, have them ask bunch of question to determine that this is it and see if they could be able to tailor a support plan for you...within budget of course. Or you can also do this yourself but it takes a bit more research.....just a suggestion, it is also possible that all this is linked to something different. 

12 hours ago, Charlotte said:
22 hours ago, Michael569 said:

sometimes it takes a very short time away from the gym for the body to get unaccustomed to exercise which may trigger soreness again.

Why is this Michael? As in why it can take such a short period of time.

@Charlotte I am not too sure to be honest. I would say it is that working out in the gym is not natural thing to your body. In the past you would run around, bend and reach up picking stuff but you would never lift weights not even do things like pullups pushups. So the body is probably just trying to reach the homeostasis as the stress in the gym is perceived as a thread to the survival.  Also the pain after workout is partially due to buildup of lactic acid as a product of anaerobic respiration and partially due to microscopic damage to the muscle tissue and an inflammation caused to heal it...so maybe when we exercise frequently, this process gets more efficient (the repair and lactic acid removal) and when we stop it gets back to ground zero.

But I might be talking out of my butt here so dont take it too seriously :D 

What I'd suggest from my personal experience is that, Once I had the worse symptoms as like you've described here. Anxiety attacks and all sort of things. I've been working out more than 5 years and I've developed anxiety recent years. The thing I'd suggest is keep going, because when you get a break from working out, first week is the terrible I've noticed. It goes away on its own. 

On 12/17/2018 at 3:36 AM, youngshinzen said:

small triggers cause a burning sensation in the chest and I‘m very tense. The only thing that gives me a short relief is to breath in deeply.

It sounds like a cardiac stress test might not be a bad idea unless you've already ruled out any cardiac issues like consistent hypertension, valvular issues or a lack of blood blow flow to your coronary arteries. Chest pain/tightness is a specific sign related to coronary vessel occlusion unless you suffer from GERD or gastric emptying after meals. Although these are symptoms, if they occur at rest, can cause huge issues down the road if not treated pretty quickly. 

I recently cut out cardio and started focusing on weights and core work due to time constraints which has definitely decreased my cardio/pulmonary workload and I've still kept some shape here and there. Figured it's better than nothing and I'll take what I can get these days. Maybe try cutting out any cardio and not increasing weights too fast/heavily while focusing primarily on nutrition? Skip the HIIT. 

I think it's interesting though how stress on our heart (i.e. tightness or lack of blood flow) can mimic so many things, especially anxiety. It took me  a year to figure out I wasn't having intense reactions inside my body related to silent anger or frustration, but rather panic attacks from prolonged anxiety. The symptoms often mimic one another and can trigger either. Such a trip! Seriously, thanks to Leo for helping me understand the importance of actually listening to me body! Hope you find a good solution! :)

@non_nothing Yeah, I‘m starting to get used to less intense workouts. But the amount of effort is proportional to the problematic symptoms.

@rabbitat  I’ve already seen a cardiologist, but he didn’t find anything significant. But I‘ll have a closer look at that issue and maybe check in with him a second time. Thank you!

@Gabriel Antonio Mh, don‘t think so. Just doing what the person on the screen tells me to? It‘s those quick cyberobic workouts.

@youngshinzen could be the testosterone level... do you take any amino acids? maybe it’s too much sports too fast. i‘d try to figure out how testosterone might be the cause and then find a method to stabilize that. (testosterone is involved in panic attacks and aggression and can fluctuate with the amount of sports)

Edited by now is forever

Working out in a gym is overrated I tell you. 

Just go and climb something in nature, you will fell 1000 times better, I assure you. 

And yeah, practice Breathing until you master it, then life is much more easy at any level.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

You are right and this is something I noticed after 15 years training nonstop and I had to stop 2 weeks. I felt less anxious, relaxed in a cool way, also less irritable and angry ( suppose its for producing less testo due workout deprivation). The feeling is my body was lighter, I could move easier, less body tension less effort. Is like being "fit" is wearing a straitjacket 24/7

Now I know if someday I want to do a hardcore spiritual retreat i must supress muscular exercise and high protein diet.