joeyi99

SDS vs Self Inquiry

9 posts in this topic

Have been practicing SDS for awhile and have been doubting if its a DIRECT path to enlightenment?

Will it take far longer than self inquiry?

Should I just do self inquiry?

I have also been practicing Kriya yoga.   

@joeyi99 sds has awoken my Kundalini, still not enlightened but got me farther then self inquiry so far.

For me once I got into that hour & a 1/2 mark is when shit starts getting real with sds 

what's  the longest you've sat? 

Longest sit I've ever had was 2 hours & 10 minutes, on that sit energy shot out of my crown chakra, it was wild, so wild I thought I was enlightened.

the second I truly stopped fighting the pain is when I had my breakthrough 

talked to one lady she said you only need to do hour long sds sits she said she did appx 350 of them.

ive done about 50-60 myself all of them at least an hour

Edited by Tony 845

@Tony 845 I find at the 2 hour mark I am completely at peace with the present, in bliss and my body feels amazing.

How do you know if your Kundalini is awoken? 

@joeyi99

-energy shooting up & down you're spine

-eye kids flutter

-chest shakes

-3rd eye pulsates all day long

-I spin while i mediate

-i feels like there prickers or tingling feelings on me at times

-once I had energy/heat pouring or shooting out of the top of my head about a foot high! (Crown chakra) 

-when it awoke the 1st time it was nuts, I didnt know what kundalini was as the time?

- it wasn't until months later Leo & some other people confirmed it was kundalini

-you purge shit, I cried the other day for 15 minutes, 

-kundalini is clearing chakras & re wiring the psyche To get the body & mind ready for enlightenment, it's a like a pre enlightenment phase that can last 3-30 years....some people get it & some people bypass it.

-but at the end of the day it still isn't enlightenment, so I gotta watch out, the ego likes to think something like Kundalini is bigger then what it is, Damn ego...

Edited by Tony 845

@joeyi99 

You know you can do SDS while doing self inquiry at the same time. In the video one SDS Leo said you can do another techniques inside the SDS like for example self inquiry and the do nothing technic.

9 hours ago, joeyi99 said:

@Tony 845 I find at the 2 hour mark I am completely at peace with the present, in bliss and my body feels amazing. 

What about after the 2-hour mark? What happens at the END of your SD sits?

And the guy above me makes a good point: strong determination sitting isn't a meditation technique as much as it is a technique to use while meditating. You can do self-inquiry while doing an SDS. 

@PsiloPutty I never said I didn't combine both, last time I went over the 2 hour mark my Kundalini awakend. Also I didn't write that the joeyi99 guy did.

Edited by Tony 845