Mafortu

Videogames To Inspire Enlightenment

10 posts in this topic

AHA! I noticed your egoic mind squirm at the title. Tut, tut!  But I am serious here. We have threads about music, why not about videogames? So heres my list:

1- Everything: A journey in which you transfer your consciousness into every-thing in the universe, narrated by Allan Watts. It doesn't get more non-dual than this.

2- Journey: Most of you already know this one, the game that challenged preconceptions about games as art, and good news, it will come soon to PC.

3- ABZU: Another beautiful and enchanting journey into the ocean by some of the same guys that worked on Journey.

4- GRIS: Just launched, a bit more platformy than the other ones, but a living-piece of art nonetheless.

These games are minimalist at its core and designed to immerse you into its visuals and music. Hopefully this will bring attention to those hidden gems out there.

I had quit videogames many months ago.

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

I would check out my thread, people shared their most memorable games here that might be worthy for you to check out. 

1 hour ago, Principium Nexus said:

I would check out my thread, people shared their most memorable games here that might be worthy for you to check out. 

Well most of those go against the purpose of this thread I think. Mmorpgs and action games are entertaining, sure, but games like Journey offer something much in-tune with the realm of spirituality and contemplation.

Edited by Mafortu

Two games Gura have written about:

I guess you can view the game(s) on Steam and check the "More like this" section for more suggestions.

5 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

I had quit videogames many months ago.

How? I'm still struggling from time to time.

Playing VR games have made me more accepting to the idea of everything being illusion. When you play an immersive VR game for 30-60 minutes and you remove your headset, you really notice that the only difference between the virtual and this world is that you believe this one to be the "real" world. But when you go back into that virtual world, then it becomes _the_ reality, and this reality where Im writing this post becomes a memory. Physics of this world become a memory, and im instantly living and accepting how things work in the virtual world. This "real" world feels real only after I remove the headset to come back from the virtual one.

That gives me an idea. Maybe I can trick my brain to "removing the headset" and entering a state of nothingness

Edited by Hansu

14 hours ago, Outer said:

Two games Gura have written about:

I guess you can view the game(s) on Steam and check the "More like this" section for more suggestions.

Monument valley looks kinda neat, got to try that out