Huz

Bulimic

24 posts in this topic

Hey, I happened to see your listing today, 2 years ago today an old good friend of mine...(a friend from middle school, high school college, and after college... So for >20 years)..died and although alcohol and other factors helped create her problem, I believe ultimately it was easier for her to die, because her body was just so battered and weakened from well over 15 years of bulimia.  

Yeah, it's sad. 

The last advice I offered her (several years before she died) in hopes she could come back from that distorted thinking world of bulimia, was:  I tried to get her to latch onto the path of yoga....had she done it, maybe that path would have been able to save her, but unfortunately she didn't try yoga and in her life, alcohol and bulimia became a lethal mix...

maybe this story will have some impact to help you or someone else.. That would have meant a lot to my old dear friend..

@Huz88 Hi!

First, let me say you are not alone. I used to struggle with bulimia and many other addictions. For me, one day I woke up and just stopped. However I then replaced it with other self loathing unhealthy behaviors. Statistically it is extremely hard to break the cycle of bulimia without the help of a therapist. Eventually therapy was the only thing that helped me go from a dysfunctional person to functional. It will help you figure out why your self esteem is this way, and then rebuild it back up. If this isn't an option for you I would recommend watching YouTube videos of how others overcame it. Brain over binge is a great book as well. Overall you have to rewire your brain and the way you view foods.

I hope this helps, hang in there and get help it's worth it! 

18 hours ago, cly said:

Hey, I happened to see your listing today, 2 years ago today an old good friend of mine...(a friend from middle school, high school college, and after college... So for >20 years)..died and although alcohol and other factors helped create her problem, I believe ultimately it was easier for her to die, because her body was just so battered and weakened from well over 15 years of bulimia.  

Yeah, it's sad. 

The last advice I offered her (several years before she died) in hopes she could come back from that distorted thinking world of bulimia, was:  I tried to get her to latch onto the path of yoga....had she done it, maybe that path would have been able to save her, but unfortunately she didn't try yoga and in her life, alcohol and bulimia became a lethal mix...

maybe this story will have some impact to help you or someone else.. That would have meant a lot to my old dear friend..

Thank ou so much for sharing that story. It was so touching. I have cut down on bulimia but this put everything into perspective. In the process of the throwing up you don't think of the repercussions it has over your body. It has impacted me and thank you to your friend. I am so sorry for what she went through, i love her and may she rest in peace xx I have stopped recently but this story has really cemented it

@Huz88  Right on.

I hope you go with yoga as a tool to strengthen your resolve. Even 3 or 4 minutes of yoga each day can start you on a good path.