Wisebaxter

There and Back Again, a Tripper's Tale

135 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Wisebaxter So beautiful ♥️ ? 

@Serotoninluv Thanks man!! :):) 

6 hours ago, Igor82 said:

I have been really excited for your update for a while now!

I have been planning to trip aswell, in face, I will swallow 200ug of lsd tomorrow! As I read your report, a sense of fear came up in me, and I indentified it as a fear of reality changing, the fear of unknown “what will it do to me? It could be horrendous!!” But then I read the part about love and got reminded of the other side of the coin, kind of breaking through that fear and getting more aware of the potential beauty.

@Wisebaxter

Thank you for the report!

@Igor82 Buddy, you have nothing to worry about, trust me. I was nervous too and anyone who goes into something like this will be, because like you say, how does it feel to have the quality of your consciousness change? You get so used to things being the way they are that this concept is a little worrying. But it's nothing like you imagine it to be. It's just so natural feeling and it's like you're being taken care of through the experience. You literally can't go wrong, as even an intense experience will give you growth. It really was the most beautiful, profound experience I've ever had. Just have some nice chilled out beats ready for the come up, with some nice coloured lights around. I love the way the visuals hit me and there was a dope beat I was listening to as everything changed. This was great, if you're interested:

Remember, nothing will change for you in a negative sense. You'll still be you, you'll just be upgraded and life will become infinitely more interesting. You're gonna have an amazing time. If you scared, that's ok, it's natural. When you've dropped that tab the fear will subside, it did for me. The sense of inevitability will just be there and your psyche will adjust and prepare itself. I had a lot of preconceptions about psychedelics from my culture, a lot of it negative, but it's all rubbish. It's simply amazing. Will you do a trip report?

I'm glad you had a pleasant experience mate, I'm happy for you! There is a good chance I'll give it a go tomorrow, if I get the chance. ^_^

@Wisebaxter Oh my god, you made it! :x Thank you for writing that, and thanks for posting the beats!! All the fear is gone, and im full of love. Im ready.

I will definently post a trip report!!

@Wisebaxter :D I already tripped yesterday and I wrote the report this morning, but I have been too lazy to post it.. I have no access to internet from my commonplace journal so I gotta deal with usb and stuff. I got struck with depression and im now suffering through that (I suspect ego-backlash). If not tonight, I will post the report tomorrow.

@Igor82 Oh you did it! nice one! Can't wait to read the report. With the depression, remember to ask the question 'where is the I that is depressed?' Try and locate it. Notice that the thing that's actually aware of the depression is not the depression. it's an unchanging awareness which is always consistent and pure. The depression arises within it. Feel into that awareness and observe its purity. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter What an amazing read. I'm so so happy you did it, and that you had this positive experience you describe so vividly.
There's not much else to say, you had many insights I recognize from my own trips, and some that I didn't experience yet. I'm really happy for you man <3 Seems like the perfect timing.

On 26.12.2018 at 4:50 AM, Wisebaxter said:

Great Mountain Spirit - increased connection with mother earth allows hippy gear to be equppied. Can now move freely through festivals and raves 

....so hilarious :D

@peanutspathtotruth Thanks man, thanks for reading and for supporting me throughout the build up, I really appreciate it. It was such an amazing experience. I have this burning desire now to go to festivals and take some psychedelics. It seems to have unlocked that urge in me, to connect with people and to be somewhere amongst like-minded people, to feel those loving connections. I know its not the best setting for personal development and insights but this urge is still there. I want to see strange, different things, to be in a place outside the ordinary amongst free folk. I keep having dreams about it too. I'll probably organise something soon and scratch that itch. 

@Wisebaxter Thats cool how your psychedelic experience resonated with your mind-body. It could likely be an effective tool for you. 

Regarding setting, I think intention is more important than whether the setting is “spitual” or “recreational”. I’ve tripped at concerts, festivals, ceremonies and various social gatherings. Not to escape, but to become more present. I’ve entered nonduality in social venues and the lessons were as profound as solo trips in a meditative setting. 

I’ve found there is a whole genre of trips within a magical genre. Being at one with all, human connectedness, universal love, the magificence of creativity and ineffable beauty of art, music, animals, nature and human interaction.

This may be a common genre that your mind-body often “returns” to. Yet, sometimes the trip travels to other genres. I’ve been in social settings and the trip said “leave now and be alone”. And I left to spend hours “working” through what arises. Sometimes it can be uncomfortable. These trips can be just as profound as those in the “magical” genre and I wouldn’t call them “bad”. LSD is a very versatile teacher and is much more expansive than the theme of any one trip. You could have many similiar trips as your first and also trips that have very different themes. 

I would be mindful of this when planning future trips. Keep your humility, sincerity and respect of the psychedelics. To me, psychedelics are like a loving teacher that can kick my ass if it wanted to. You go where the trip takes you.

For my first 10 or so trips, I only tripped solo at home or alone in nature. I got a feel for dosages and different types of trips. I’ve found that adding in human interactions adds in another variable. I’ve done both moderate and strong trips in public and have had enlightening experiences. Yet, I no longer do strong trips in public. It’s just too uncertain and if I get into an uncomfortable space, I don’t want that discomfort to negatively impact others around me.

Yet the nice thing about gaining psychedelic experience is that sober and psychedeluc realities can grow toward each other. On 50-75ug, I can now relax and enter a nondual reality at a music venue, yet can also “dial it down” if I needed to be functional and “normal” with the people around me. Over 100ug, I have to surrender that type of control. 

I’m looking forward to your next trip report. Do you have a time planned yet?

On 29.12.2018 at 7:37 PM, Wisebaxter said:

@peanutspathtotruth Thanks man, thanks for reading and for supporting me throughout the build up, I really appreciate it. It was such an amazing experience. I have this burning desire now to go to festivals and take some psychedelics. It seems to have unlocked that urge in me, to connect with people and to be somewhere amongst like-minded people, to feel those loving connections. I know its not the best setting for personal development and insights but this urge is still there. I want to see strange, different things, to be in a place outside the ordinary amongst free folk. I keep having dreams about it too. I'll probably organise something soon and scratch that itch. 

I know exactly what you mean, had a similar experience today. I also did most of my trips alone at home. But I feel that taking a small dose on a festival or something is just right for making magically loving connections to other human beings. 

@Serotoninluv Amazing report about your experience! I have to say I'm always fluctuating in confidence for public tripping depending on how my last experience was. In July or so this year I took 75ug with my two closest friends in a party-like scenery (it was a gathering of people I work with but out in the countryside where we had our own in- and outdoor location. We are working in a nightclub so you can imagine how a gathering might look like.) We were one of the first people to arrive there, dropped the acid, watched the sunset, it was beautiful. But then it got dark and all the rest arrived (around 100 people). The thing is, these were mostly very unconscious people who, let's say, like to indulge in low-consciousness substances. So the atmosphere was not very loving, more like scary and toxicating. I had a strong urge to go into the forest by myself and just meditate because it was just too much. Somehow we ended up walking around all the time and I didn't get the stillness I actually felt I needed. 

This was a very unpleasant experience, maybe not the wisest setting. The intention was right but I didn't make the bold decision and split off from my friends to get that stillness I felt was necessary. So I guess that's a lesson in respecting where the substance is taking you. Since then I'm slightly anxious about any human contact when tripping. (Today's trip changed that though, as I already wrote above). 

I guess it takes a lot of experience and respect for oneself and the substance to find out when it's right and how to trust one's intuition. 

@Wisebaxter Just have to say that I love the profile avatars you adapt and they are really inspiring, they are so funny and I greatly appreciate that, you made a very good example

On 30/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, Serotoninluv said:

I’ve found that adding in human interactions adds in another variable. I’ve done both moderate and strong trips in public and have had enlightening experiences. Yet, I no longer do strong trips in public. It’s just too uncertain and if I get into an uncomfortable space, I don’t want that discomfort to negatively impact others around me.

@Serotoninluv Thanks, that's all very interesting. To be honest with you I live my life like a complete hermit most of the time. I don't have any friends, just my girlfriend and I see my family very rarely. So I was quite surprised and almost relieved the trip awoke this need for connection in me. I often wonder why I never want to find friends and hang out with people. The very idea just seems nightmarish to me. My main theory is that I have to modify myself so much around others to 'fit in' and talk about every day stuff, which bores the hell out of me. But now I'm thinking that some stage green/yellow/turquoise friends would be nice. To be able to sit and talk about non-duality, psychedelics, psychology, to be able to express our love for everything and not to bitch and moan about life like most people do, this might just work for me. But I'm still not sure. It might take more than this one trip to fully get me out there interacting. My heart chakra definitely opened a bit though. More than anything the urge is to take psychedelics and feel a bond with people, specifically in a festival environment for some reason. Ultimately I want to get spiritual insights though, so I'll have to see what happens with this. I don't want to get too distracted by the external world. 

I’m looking forward to your next trip report. Do you have a time planned yet?

With the next one I'm going to avoid distractions and try and go really deep into my nature. I think I might wait until next month and book a hotel if I can't get the house to myself for a while. How long do you usually leave it before trips?

For my first 10 or so trips, I only tripped solo at home or alone in nature. I got a feel for dosages and different types of trips.

Good shout here, I'll definitely do the same. I want to become more of a connoisseur before I start pushing the boat out. 

21 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

The thing is, these were mostly very unconscious people who, let's say, like to indulge in low-consciousness substances. So the atmosphere was not very loving, more like scary and toxicating.

Those are the unknown variables @Serotoninluv mentioned. That's the problem with being outside of an environment you have full control over isn't it. Ok so in retrospect you wish you'd have split off from your friends, but it was supposed to happen that way, you were supposed to learn that lesson so next time you'll make the right decision. 

21 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Since then I'm slightly anxious about any human contact when tripping. (Today's trip changed that though, as I already wrote above). 

Isn't that interesting, that the same urge was awoken in you. Have you not done too much tripping in festival settings then, around stage Greens? I went to a huge festival once and it was incredible, one of the best experiences of my life. I was smoking pot and taking ecstasy, no LSD, but still... I can just imagine how amazing taking psychedelics would be at one of those places. 

@TheAvatarState Shpongle!! Haha. I think I did listen to that mix of 'around the world in a tea daze' but I can't recall how I felt at the time as everything was getting a bit warped. I'm going to devote some good time to Shpongle whilst tripping soon, as the veterans swear by it. 

8 hours ago, Igor82 said:

@Wisebaxter Just have to say that I love the profile avatars you adapt and they are really inspiring, they are so funny and I greatly appreciate that, you made a very good example

Thanks man! Funnily @peanutspathtotruth also took exactly the same screenshot recently to show some of his friends, how's that for bizarre? Peter Ralston has the coolest facial expressions in the world though and perhaps the coolest face. I'm hoping that one day I level up enough and unlock 'Ralston's Expressions - You now have the ability to instruct people through the use of your facial expression alone.'

@Wisebaxter listen to Codex VI front to back... Holy shit :oO.o. Life changing experience for sure 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

5 hours ago, Wisebaxter said:

I'm hoping that one day I level up enough and unlock 'Ralston's Expressions - You now have the ability to instruct people through the use of your facial expression alone.'

Hahaha :D, I love it!!  

Noooo... Dont miss out on “Leo’s Expressions - You now have the ability to spawn urgent insights in people watching photographs of your facial expressions”

On 01/01/2019 at 2:57 AM, Igor82 said:

Hahaha :D, I love it!!  

Noooo... Dont miss out on “Leo’s Expressions - You now have the ability to spawn urgent insights in people watching photographs of your facial expressions”

Hahaha, nice one dude. I'm gonna start a daily 'expression practice.' 

Edited by Wisebaxter