Reply to There and Back Again, a Tripper's Tale

Wisebaxter
By Wisebaxter,
It was 9pm when Frodo decided to leave the shire for the first time, on his hero's journey   Dosage: 150ug LSD After swallowing the tab I felt quite confident, excited, but a little nervous. I had a long list of intentions and things I was going to consider and contemplate, things like 'what is awareness,' so I glanced at them briefly and realised I'd made so many that I didn't have a clue what to focus on in particular. I'd made a long playlist from the tripping music thread on here and started to just relax and get into a different mindspace for it. Music had become a big focus for some reason, perhaps because I somehow felt was important. After the hour mark I started to feel it physically, like a cool ocean wave of bliss washing over me. I started feeling energy coursing up from my root chakra, immediately there was a huge shift around my back area and a palpable sense of mental relief. Then the visuals started. Man, nothing can prepare you for this can it? With everything shifting, moving and melting in time with the music, it was like all my notions of a concrete, physical reality outside of my own subjective awareness melted away. The quality of my consciousness had changed somehow, time took on a new flavour, as my perception of it had changed. Maybe slow motion...or moments seeming to become stretched out. I was trying to text someone and it was hard to conceive of this thing called 'normal reality,' where messages have to be sent.  I started to feel the pressure to do some techniques or to start asking questions about the nature of being so I sat to meditate. But I was overcome with an intense feeling of love and abundance and my mind just kept being playful, making jokes, saying things like 'uh oh, he's getting serious,' and come now universe, I have some questions for you.' I had really wanted to get some good insights though so I sat still and explored what I was. I kept getting a sense that it was this, all of this is is me so anything you do in the moment, fully present is a spiritual act. This kind of freed me up to surrender into the experience more and go back to the music and just enjoy the visuals and the general feeling of my reality melting away before my eyes. I noticed that when I stopped assuming there was any separation between these 'objects' in front of me, they were able to distort more freely, as if these distortions were a quality of my focus. I got the impression that I could very well be limiting myself simply through the act of assuming too much. So instead of just a TV warping, as I before was thinking 'TV,' now the whole scene around the TV was warping along with it in unison. It was a mental warping too though, as if my usual manner of perceiving the scene was melting and drooping. it was like my consciousness and the scene were tightly linked. This is a hard one to put into words. I still felt a bit of inner conflict as I was being lured into the visuals, being on a 'high' element and not gunning for insights and raising my consciousness. But one of the insights that came to me was 'choose the path of least resistance.' Probably rubbish, I'm sure the opposite is usually true, but for now it felt right and I had a sense of being guided. I opted to go out for a walk and started worrying about things like locking myself out. For some reason I'd started to have this experience of being a stage green hippy at a festival, tripping on Acid and worrying about practical stuff so the group don't get in shit situations. I walked out a bit and when I looked up at the sky....wow...Mother Nature was putting on the best possible visual show for me. The smoke-like, ashen clouds were swirling around the moon, which sat there framed by them, along with a few stars. I can't remember seeing anything like it, at least if I had I hadn't registered it. I suddenly understood the meaning of all hippy murials and of the imagery surrounding stage Green in general. It was nature inspired. Moons, wolf's, anything nature-based. I'd been getting immersed in Green for the past few months as I live in a very alternative area in the UK with a vibrant hippy culture and they even have a Green Party in control here. I'd been visiting their shops, sniffing essential oils, collecting stones, learning about my Chakras. I'd come from a more materialist, scientific background so it had taken me some work to open my mind. This is why I resonated with Dr Strange so much  
So at that point I had this deep feeling of love for all that is and I fully understood the green mentality and felt it burning inside me. Of course I'm heading for turquoise but this aspect of Green had been missing from me in my heart. It was a potential that was now fully unlocked and actualised. I decided to go back for a rug to lie on and could imagine me having an argument with my hippy buddies who thought it was too much effort as they were too high. Then I imagined myself to be the one who always thinks of practical things and makes sure we're all comfortable and safe. I was at an imaginary festival in my head, sharing the moment with others. A lot of my stereotyping of Green just evaporated and I realised they are some of the most loving, kind people and they are setting an example for us. 
I thought to myself, am I still me? Has my ego gone anywhere? I still had a palpable sense of 'I am me,'but this me felt more floaty than usual, like it could be out in the ether somewhere. I felt very much a part of the whole. This was only a light dose anyway and me finding my feet, getting over my initial fear of the unknown. The universe was saying 'welcome home child,' I grant you the power of Green!  
I decided that this was a perfect experience for my first trip. What an unexpected gift! I hadn't seen this kind of experience happening at all. I'd envisaged sitting there with my eyes shut exploring my true nature and interrogating the universe, but this was perfect for now. 
I spent the rest of the evening doing some shadow work, instilling some painful memories with love, thankfully realising that the Shadow work I'd been doing had paid off. This were no demons there to torment me. I could see clearly what my problems were and I was honest about them. I wondered how I could just bring more love into all of these situations, to the memories, to the people involved, to myself. I felt a deep sense of self acceptance and comforted myself. Love just felt like the right solution to everything. 
I did a bit of self enquiry towards the end, and even in a my tired state I could focus a lot more sharply. I hadn't realised how incredibly intuitive it makes you. 
In the morning I went for a walk in the countryside, listening to panpipes and shedding some tears for the downtrodden native Americans in line with my new Green credentials. I put on some viking folk music, which is basically intense, Witcher-esque sounding stuff, battle chants and haunting vocals etc. This made me laugh as listening to the music of a marauding, blood thirsty group of vikings, out raping and pillaging, seemed at odds with my new persona. I then pictured a group of hippy's trying to intervene and stand between invading Vikings on the shores on England and the locals. How would that go down? Then it occurred to me that I have a sadistic streak or a dark sense of humour at least.
One amazing thing I noticed was that I seemed more intuitive and switched on to things. Like the first Native Indian song I'd played immediately sounded very artificial, like the music you hear Native Indian's playing when they're being forced to bastardise their music for cash, you know, with all these cheesy synthesised sounds. I'd added this to my playlist for some reason. Instead I found just a solo pan pipe, simple and minimalist. 
Social encounters with dog walkers were less forced. I didn't seem so stressed about saying the wrong things, like I was able to let them do the talking and just respond. I'd stopped neurotically caring about looking bad.  So it's the next day and amazingly I feel like there have been some permanent shifts in the quality of my consciousness. I hadn't seen that coming. I'd heard it said that psychedelics cause this but I'd somehow told myself it was only if you have these magic things called insights you have to go hunting for. But this is what I've noticed.  Bullshit detector Lvl 2,  60% detection chance. it's like I just catch myself thinking something that's bullshit and immediately adjust my thinking with a quick reframe or something. it's like my authenticity meter shot up or something, or I became more aligned with the truth.  Great Mountain Spirit - increased connection with mother earth allows hippy gear to be equppied. Can now move freely through festivals and raves  Ralston's third eye - unlocks additional perspectives for critical thinking and contemplation. This is an interesting one. It's like I'm now able to pierce straight into the heart of an issue and see it in a brand new light, more directly. New, profound Insights just occur even as I'm mindlessly thinking about stuff. It's also like my mind is able to retrieve the relevant answer a lot quicker and the answer is simple and much more practical than I imagined. I can just cut through all the bullshit in my mind.  So I was happy that I received some upgrades because I was worried I hadn't put in enough hard working during the trip and I also wanted my faith in psychedelics to be rewarded and to get some more drive for my personal development, which I now have in spades. I just can't believe this stuff. How dare they make it illegal! It gives you new passive abilities! Without you even trying. I'd been tired going into it too, so I didn't have the attention for intense contemplation, but that will come. I can just see how upping the dosage would change the experience and I'm excited about that and about the possibilities of what can be achieved with a tool like this. It literally restructures your brain!