Arthur

Climbing up the Spiral

11 posts in this topic

I want to share a tip that helped me to advance up the Spiral. Although this tip might not be effective for everybody, It was surprisingly useful for me. I decided to share it and get your feedback.

Basically, the tip is to do the activity that is 2 stages above your current psychological development. Even if at first you don't understand what you are doing or why you are doing it. Explore and see what lays ahead of your current perspective.

Why is it useful
We can not skip stages in the progression of our psyche. If we could, it would be identical to a fish suddenly learning to fly, without going through the evolutionary process of being a reptile and eventually developing wings. What this technique will do is instead of bouncing you across a stage, it will propel you faster to the next step of development. Participating in a higher stage activity will solidify you in your neighboring level much quicker. Additionally, sometimes we might have negative assumptions and ideas about our neighboring stage. 2 stages above is a very unfamiliar and new place for us, we might be less biased towards exploring it.

Red
We live in a cruel world, where every man is for himself in a very raw way. A world where people only understand and speak the language of power. My own survival is above all else and I have to use any means necessary to achieve status. I will associate myself with likeminded individuals who also only care about themselves. Together, we can get more for ourselves. Influence can only be exerted through a display of power. I'd rather be feared than understood.

Tip: Feel what it would be like to truly have wealth and abundance. A position where you don't have to step low to achieve prosperity. Look at successful people in society and see what drives them. Try to envision a higher culture where people are less self-centered. There are many ways to make people do things for you and acquire wealth aside from intimidation. Look at the abundant Capitalist countries, study how they are able to achieve better results. When every citizen cares solely for himself, and there are no regulations and rules, society plunges into chaos and corruption. Study at a University and get a nice education. Do more intellectual work rather than physical.

Blue
The world operates on strict rules and principles. There are universal laws that are set in stone. One must obey those instructions in order to satisfy a higher power.  I have to be good to my kind and my people. I am just a small person in this world but I have the real truth behind me. By obeying and pleasing the higher powers, even a small human like me can deserve great things.

Tip: Hang out with a couple of relaxed and chill people. Look closely at the individuals who have "no direction in life". They don't hold any rigid beliefs about reality. At first glance, they might seem deluded, yet if you look closer, they are truly free. They don't have a nagging voice and a feeling of somebody watching them. They don't evaluate every action in terms of good and evil. They don't suppress their own emotions and desires. It is incredible libration. Will they end up in a bad place later in life? maybe they will, but maybe they won't. And if they won't, why would you live your life in this constant suffering.

Orange
I am truly wonderful and unique, my personality is remarkable. I have to express and lavish myself as much as possible. I got society and nature figured out a long time ago, and I can single-handedly change anything. Pleasure, entertainment, and material goods are very very nice. I happen to be born in this super advanced technological time, why not make the most out of it. "Ye, I've heard about it a couple of times on the internet", therefore I really know what I'm talking about. Everything is simple, and there is always a quick and easy solution to all problems. We must become as efficient as we can. I don't really know how our technology works, but it is the answer to everything. 

Tip: Get a deeper understanding of something. Master at least one domain in life (10,000 hours or more). Don't be satisfied with superficial answers. Penetrate into what things are actually made of, whether it's a new technology or some philosophical idea. Strip away the layers of abstraction underneath any structure. Start to actually read books and technical articles. Understand that in almost every situation, the complexity is enormous. You can't find a one-fits-all solution. Your point of view is not the most intelligent or universal. Listen to great thinkers and accept wisdom for what it is. Don't judge somebody's understanding based on their academic achievement. In every situation, force yourself purposefully into the other person's shoes.

Green
I am very in tune with nature and the universe. Humans activity is filled with greed and corruption. We enter a world of new age, new people, new changes. Love and bonding will truly save the planet and society. If only people were more accepting of each other. Art and creative expression should be more widespread in the world. Everybody is truly equal underneath, we are all human being and should treat each other as such. Animal and plants are very loving, whereas most humans are selfish and tight. Life is about emotions and connection, let's enjoy it together.

Tip: Go deep with self-transcendence. Participate advance spiritual techniques. Try psychedelics, intensive retreats, strong determination sittings. Understand that reality is already perfect. Humans, and all human creations, are an inseparable part of nature just like plants or animals. Everything comes from the universe, even destruction, and havoc. Ego and selfishness are also a part of the divine. Reality is exactly as it is, and it is inevitable. You can't argue with infinite intelligence that manifests yourself and this world. Where does your thought come from? Are you responsible for your actions? Where is the separation between yourself and reality? Is it possible that you are just witnessing your thoughts after they already happened?

Yellow
I am a person of knowledge and intelligence. I can get around any problem and understand the deepest wisdom of mankind. I see the complexity of systems in reality. Wisdom is truth and knowledge is power. The pursuit of knowledge is true discovery and should always continue. I enjoy thought experiments and new ideas. At times, I find myself lonely and misunderstood. I value solitude and independence above all else. Reality is too incredible to be spending time on meaningless activities. How can I lay on your couch when there is a whole world of intricacy and nuance is waiting to be discovered. Every single day I learn something new and expand my horizon. 

Tip: This is an advanced stage and I don't really have higher stage tips for this one. I guess we will find out when most of our population reaches Tier 2. All I can say is that the self that you are attached to, the self that you have carefully constructed and that feels most intimate to you. That self is exactly what must go, in order to see oneness. Spend time not doing anything, not working or conceptualizing, not forcing yourself to do practices and techniques. It's like you are searching for your phone when it is in your hand. The active doing and pursuits are pointless and they are a projection. When there is nothing you can cling to, not even your work, there you are. The one that is looking, is what you are looking for.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

Very cool this is gold, nice one.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Arthur Those are some nice contemplations, thank you. I’d like to throw in a few ideas. . .

When transitioning in tier1 stages, the pendulum can swing to extremes - such as a self- sacrifice extreme to a self- centered extreme. Yet, tier2 Yellow is balanced between left-right brain. It’s sense of intelligence goes far beyond intellectual intelligence and knowledge. There is now an awareness of creative, intuitive, empathetic, post-rational, social and emotional intelligences and the integration into a more holistic intelligence.

Generally, there is also a balance between individual and social dynamics. In tier2, the seeking energy is no longer dominated by self-survival and self-needs. A yellow-level person could value both solitude and social interactions. Yellow has embodied Green components. There is a shift toward “independence”, yet Orange and Yellow level understandings of “independence” are different. Orange independence is based much more on self-needs. 

@outlandish Thanks!

@Serotoninluv Thank you. 

I'm still exploring Yellow and my understanding of is limited. It's great to hear more thoughts on this topic.

There is a faster way on climbing that. Is not using the mind at all :P

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Arthur Very nice!  Also, I figure you’re seeing turquoise somewhat...via nondual experiences, similar to your 2 stages strategy...? (Not that they are at all the same)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Hellspeed As above so below. Night turns into a day to begot the night. Peace and love covered in agony and despair. The path is clear .. but who's the one walking?

@Nahm That's how I made this 2 stage observation. I started doing Turquoise practices, mainly psychedelics, and states of surrender. To my surprise, I got a holistic understanding and intellectual knowledge. My ideas become deeper and I became more open-minded. Not what I originally expected, I guess I'm starting to transition from Green to Yellow.

@Arthur Ok I hear that. It’s weird turquoise / nondual. Do you see stages inbetween at all....coral, teal, others? Thanks again for everything you’ve been sharing again, btw. Love reading your stuff!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Thank you, I enjoy reading your comments as well.

I'm not really aware of stages above Turquoise. Don Beck speculates that we might see a kind of resemblance (loop-around) between Tier 2 and Tier 1 stages. For example, Turquoise is a transcended Purple, Coral is an evolved Red, and so forth. There is no way to know for sure though.

I think that psychological development will continue and we will make finer distinctions. I don't believe that after self-realization the curtains open, the director shakes your hand and the cast goes home.  There is no personal self already, and yet, distinctions, models and evolution can be seen everywhere. I don't it will all end after self-transcendence.

Edited by Arthur

@Aimblack Haha okay you got me.

I also found out about these guys. They are still practicing though.

Edited by Arthur