Eric Tarpall

How do I kill the weak boy inside me?

27 posts in this topic

Sometimes the weak boy that I used to be pops up and I become him. It's like I'm possessed. This only lasts for a few hours usually. But during those hours it feels like all my personal growth is gone. And I'm back at square one. How do I kill this bastard?

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

You dont. You own him. Its your shadow. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Pretty much what these guys said.

I think you should just be mindful about it and observe it without any judgement. Check out Leo's video about 'Awareness alone is curative' if you haven't already.

Edited by nistake

Describe him

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

You become the weakest first, you get destroyed first, literally crushed in order to discover what bravery and real power is. There is no other way. If you insist on killing that vibe you will become a pussyboy who is always angry, like a 9 year old girl.

You will not graps what power is, unless you become powerless, hopeless first.

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

You can switch personalities , but it is hard to explain how it is done, you probably have more then just 2 active personalities. 

Edited by purerogue

by getting the master sword

CT-EsA.gif

The kingdom of heaven is within.

I share this with you.

My weak alter ego usually shows himself at the most inopportune times. When I am super happy or when I get asked the questions you don't wanna hear from your sexual partner. 

Killing it didn't work for me. Loving it might. Not resisting helps. 

You don't kill your inner child, you play with him. And its personality trait is not a weakness, it's a superpower. You're highly sensitive and that's the biggest gift one can have. Polish that diamond!

Edited by Aquarius

Love him to death. That's your repressed side, and I guarantee that there's kernels of truth in what you're feeling. Become the watcher, and observe what it may be trying to tell you.  Don't fight it, because it IS part of you. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Edit: Do 10 Grams of shrooms and dat boi will get smacked right outta you

7 hours ago, Rilles said:

You dont. You own him. Its your shadow. 

That's a limiting belief. 

7 hours ago, nistake said:

I think you should just be mindful about it and observe it without any judgement.

I think being passive is not going to change anything but I can try it.

6 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Describe him

Small. Fragile. Weak. Victim. Afraid. Ugly.

5 hours ago, okulele said:

Love him to death.

You mean like buying him so many chocolates that he gets diabetes and dies? 

5 hours ago, purerogue said:

You can switch personalities , but it is hard to explain how it is done, you probably have more then just 2 active personalities. 

True! And you can also create any personality you want and become it but it's difficult.

5 hours ago, Colin said:

by getting the master sword

Haha I don't want to have to fight those brown zombie things.

5 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

My weak alter ego usually shows himself at the most inopportune times. When I am super happy or when I get asked the questions you don't wanna hear from your sexual partner. 

Mine pops up in random moments. Usually when I'm tired & low energy.

2 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Eric Tarpall Who is gonna take his place? 

The King.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

9 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

That's a limiting belief.

not integrating your so called bad parts will cause you suffering but if you want to waste 20 years fighting with yourself then be my guest

the fact that you say ”weak boy” instead of saying I Sometimes Feel Weak tells me youre trying to create a schism which is why youre suffering

Edited by Rilles

You don't kill him. Watch this video. She explains why and how the possession by a fragment of your personality happens.

What you do is you meet his needs and he becomes happy and then you're happy! :)

I think the first thing for you to understand is that this is normal.  We all have this.  This is not unique to you.  A lot of Personal Development is straightening out that idiotic part of ourselves that seems to be marching to its own drum.  That's our starting condition.  We have these conflicted natures.  On the one hand our Minds are very wise, and on the other hand our Minds seem to be driving us in counter-productive directions.  This is the ultimate problem that Personal Development solves.  The problem is how do I accept myself and correct myself in the optimal way?  Notice there's an "and" in there not an "or -- it's accept and correct.  You need both.  It's not accept or correct!

Edited by Joseph Maynor