Outer

Why the focus on Spiral Dynamics rather than Integral theory?

7 posts in this topic

Rather than colors:

Traditional -> Modern -> Post-Modern -> Integral.

It's hard to insult someone by calling them traditional, modern, or post-modern as they don't really require you to understand what they mean. I see that if you call someone traditional, they will even agree, rather than if you called them stage Blue. If you call someone post-modern, they will understand it if they know what modern means. The barrier of entry to Integral theory is much less and thereby I propose that Integral theory if this is it, is more useful. But I am interested in hearing your thoughts.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Edited by Outer

I don't think either is more/less helpful than the other, I don't think they insult anyone more so than the other. They're both just maps to grasp human evolution.

Besides, the likelihood of someone who is into integral theory and spiral dynamics to go around a demean another Human Being for being at a different level is pretty slim. Just my opinion of course, and you know what they say about opinions. :D

Give me a brief one paragraph proposal for my Leo should teach the method you propose.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Isnt integral theory a meta theory? I thought spiral dynamics was incorporated into it?

integral3.jpg

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Outer it's not actually what you call them. Stage Blue or Orange by itself is not insulting in any way. They only take offense when you try to educate them on the whole spiral/integral line of development. Because lower stages still operate on a dualistic paradigm, they immediately think that higher = better, and if you don't take great care in explaining that each stage is important and not "better" than another, then they'll get defensive. So the knowledge they're at a lower stage is the tricky part to handle, not what you call the stage. 

I personally like using colors because it's very intuitive once you see how it coincides with a rainbow. Also strips the "values" off of the stages, and because of that I'd argue it might be slightly better received. 

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

2 hours ago, integral said:

Isnt integral theory a meta theory? I thought spiral dynamics was incorporated into it?

Basically Integral uses words that people are already familiar with rather than colors.

Spiral seems a lot more nuanced and just deeper from my perspective...

Never realized  that it coincides with the rainbow. 

@TheAvatarStateLove that!