Merkabah

Salvia Divinorum

8 posts in this topic

Guys! one of the least-talked about psychedelic is definitely Salvia. While the nature of the experience is nowhere nearly as pleasant as Serotonin-centric drugs, it can be quite profound and mind-shattering nonetheless. In your view, where does Salvia fit into the picture of enlightenment and spirituality if it does at all. Tell us about your experiences with it along with your point of view about Salvia and it's potential for growth purposes. I would love to particularly have Leo weigh in on this!

Edited by Merkabah
typos

I kinda have mixed reviews on Salvia.  For me it was useful.  Many of my trips were not useful, but a few of them were very useful.  I think Salvia is useful for Enlightenment Work, at least it was for me.  But for Personal Development Work as a whole, I'm much more of a fan of LSD.  I've gotten more fruitful insights on LSD than any other psychedelic I've tried.  Salvia is a mindfuck psychedelic but there's always a truth that's kinda being revealed to you too.  It's weird, it's got like a teaching quality to it.  I think that's why they call it Salvia Divinorum.  You feel like the Universe is teaching you a lesson.  It's like the Universe is saying, let me tell you how you're f*cking up.  The other thing that Salvia can do for you is rip your Ego out of you.  I had one trip where the Universe physically chased me down and killed me.  I had that characteristic Ego-Death Experience where my soul left my body and then re-entered my body.  Another memorable trip I had which was really weird is I entered a Universe with different creatures and objects.  It was like an iron universe where there were these iron beings that were rolled up in iron and floating around on both sides of me.  And the thing that's freaky about Salvia is you don't realize you're tripping when you're tripping.  When you trip on LSD at least you know you're tripping.  When you enter some Universe on Salvia, it's serious business -- it's like oh shit!  That's all you can say.  Oh shit!  Salvia can be scary where I think LSD is much friendlier insofar as psychedelics are concerned.  Salvia can be very blunt and scary, but also illuminating too.  There are pros and cons to everything.  Salvia is scary as shit, but on the flip-side you can learn very profound things on the trips.  Experimenting with Salvia was worthwhile for me, but I really have no interest in doing it again.  It was great when I was doing heavy Enlightenment Work.  I'm more interested in Life Purpose Work right now than Enlightenment Work.  LSD is phenomenal for Life Purpose Work.  The last trip I did on LSD was almost exclusively dominated by insight after insight regarding my Life Purpose Work.  It was a really productive trip.  I only trip on LSD twice a year so I always get these super-productive trips.  What I need to do is Mushrooms again soon.  I'm not as experienced with Mushrooms as I am with LSD.  I kinda feel like I need to explore more with Mushrooms, although I've done them enough too.  Mushrooms can get a little scary sometimes because they f*ck with your mood so much.  LSD doesn't really f*ck with your mood, at least in my experience.  To me LSD is just really, really awesome, the key is to do it in moderation, like twice a year.  I did 600 mics when I last did it, and I didn't feel like I did too much or too little.  I did some hallucinating on that trip too which re-enforced the idea in my mind that LSD can do deep things with hallucination.  There's more than pretty visuals possible with LSD hallucinations.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Another downside to Salvia, as described by experimenters, is that there is not much to bring back in the way of lessons afterwards. They say it gives your ego a good beatdown meanwhile the vast majority of the experience is gonna be forgotten! I was flirting with the idea of trying it but most of the feedback from people has been prohibitively dark!!

Edited by Merkabah
typos

Since it's legal, is it against the rules of the forum to ask for decent sources? I have never tried it.....but may.

Leo mentioned Salvia in his perception video. That gives a good idea in how it fits. Definitely shows you the illusion of perception and higher doses are a whole other beast in of themselves. Never done higher ones myself but the trip reports you can find speaks for itself. Nothing more interesting than feeling like your body is folding like a book ?

It's definitely not for the faint of heart and it can be scary for your perception to warp so hard. But there is huge spiritual potential there. If you try it, I can only recommend you can let go and accept easy. Also never do it alone. You should always have a sitter. When you are in it you will completely believe what you see even if just for a moment. 

Edited by Shadowraix

Denis McKenna has spoken not-so-highly of Salvia on the Joe Rogan podcast. His knock against it has to do with the traumatic nature of the experience and the fact that there are not much to remember and retain in the form of insight or perspective.  

I have not yet tried Salvia but Martin B. Wall mentions his use in his book called Being Infinte, and he mentions that he really liked to work with this medicine.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”