Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,794 posts in this topic

The journal keeper here who Perfectly  exhibits the characteristics of the Queen of hearts is absolutely right about the degree to which most men these days are absolute pigs. I confess to having a bit of that in me myself but I have just enough of a conscience to cringe when I see it in others or experience a degree of remorse when I catch a mechanical Part of myself that has dipped into that territory a little. 
You're assessment of Leo is not accurate though. You project. I say that with out a doubt. It’s not a judgement either. I catch myself projecting at times. Everyone does it to some degree.

Reaching conclusions is a recipe for becoming emotionally miserable. I know I often sound like a know it all but it’s just a component of my essence type and those who it grates upon can rest assured that I frequently pay a price for it. But it’s worth it When on the rare occasion the arrow hits the bullseye and as a result I’m shown Love for taking a chance and going ahead and putting it out there.

Queen of hearts is passionate and in the heat of emotion says- “off with their heads”. The King of hearts is also in you potentially or at times already. King of hearts follows behind and pardons those who are being hauled to the guillotine. 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

6 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

The journal keeper here who Perfectly  exhibits the characteristics of the Queen of hearts is absolutely right about the degree to which most men these days are absolute pigs. I confess to having a bit of that in me myself but I have just enough of a conscience to cringe when I see it in others or experience a degree of remorse when I catch a mechanical Part of myself that has dipped into that territory a little. 

I believe you are speaking of the woman looking/waiting for a key.

Yeah it’s where our species resides, evolutionarily speaking, given the patriarchal society   

rewatched this video yesterday, Hard to imagine a world lead by the divine feminine but it would be very loving indeed :x

At one part they spoke of when the tides turned to male dominance, when we discovered metals during the “Iron Age”, kind of an interesting view 

@DrewNows  Thanks I'll check it out sometime this evening.

6 hours ago, DrewNows said:

Hard to imagine a world lead by the divine feminine but it would be very loving indeed :x

I've thought about this quite a bit. May decide to have some comments about this a bit later.

Claudio Naranjo is the Granddaddy of The of Let's trash can the patriarchal era. He left his Automaton behind last year.

IMG_1087.JPG

Claudio Benjamín Naranjo Cohen (24 November 1932 – 12 July 2019) was a Chilean-born psychiatrist of Arabic/Moorish, Spanish and Jewish descent who is considered a pioneer in integrating psychotherapy and the spiritual traditions. He was one of the three successors named by Fritz Perls (founder of Gestalt Therapy),[citation needed] a principal developer of Enneagram of Personality theories and a founder of the Seekers After Truth Institute. He was also an elder statesman of the US[citation needed]and global human potential movement and the spiritual renaissance of the late 20th century.[1] He was the author of various books.

5 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Claudio Naranjo is the Granddaddy of The of Let's trash can the patriarchal era. He left his Automaton behind last year.

IMG_1087.JPG

Isn't Naranjo the one Almaas worked with for many years?

By the way, amazing posts here, I only got through the last page, but I will dig into it more - very inspiring sharings :x

5 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Isn't Naranjo the one Almaas worked with for many years?

@peanutspathtotruth Yes, you're correct on that. There were a handful who worked close for a while with Naranjo. Helen Palmer was also a part of that group. At the moment I can't remember any of the others  I'm pretty sure that Almaas was a student of Chogum Trungpa's for a time too. I've never understood why Almaas has been so invisible it seems to the vast majority of spiritual seekers. The books he's  written has really had an impact on my understanding and worldview.

5 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

By the way, amazing posts here, I only got through the last page, but I will dig into it more - very inspiring sharings :x

Thank you @peanutspathtotruth  Glad you stopped in. Feel free to visit or make comments here anytime. ?‍♂️

43 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

At the moment I can't remember any of the others

Sandra Maitri was also part of that first group.

Thank you, @Toby  That helped to jog my memory. 

i really enjoyed two of her books on the Enneagram. Favorites right behind Almaas's Facets of Unity.

IMG_1088.JPG IMG_1089.JPG

1 hour ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I've never understood why Almaas has been so invisible it seems to the vast majority of spiritual seekers. The books he's  written has really had an impact on my understanding and worldview.

Same for me... I'm at Diamond Heart Book 5 now and every chapter changes something deeply for me. So many good books he wrote. There is nobody I know with so much complexity, precision and depth. I love this guy.

I think it has largely to do with his logos being so challengingly big. Only after getting through quite a few books of his is the impact starting to reveal itself.

There are these discussions between Rupert Spira and Almaas on YouTube (from Science and Nonduality), you know those? Almost nobody there understands what he's pointing to. Took me a while to understand his points, and they come from yeeeears of deep digging. I think that's why he's not so easily accessible. Requires a lot of studying.

@peanutspathtotruth I wasn't aware of those particular YouTubes, Thanks, I'll have to check those out sometime.

This is a good article based on Phd., Episcopal Priest, Cynthia Bourgeault's articulation of the Gurdjieff Work.Iit's to the point about Three Centered Awareness becoming Three Centered knowing.

In All and Everything Gurdjieff called 3 Centered Awareness,-  Fulasnitamnian Awareness  An expression of the Law of Three, it was pointed out to students in a Wisdom School that the Law of Three produces a Fourth,,,, a new airing. 

I copied and pasted the complete article from this link. It reads better with italicized highlights and dividers on the website itself, though. 

https://wisdomwayofknowing.org/resource-directory/three-centered-knowing/

elete Article Three-Centered Knowing

Note: for a more detailed introduction to Three-Centered Knowing, see Chapter 3 of The Wisdom Way of Knowing

Wisdom makes use of an ancient body of knowledge about the physiology of spiritual transformation and a methodology for increasing our “receptivity to higher meaning”.

The human being can be considered “three-centered” or “three-brained.” The centers include:

The Moving Center, which has 2 subsets: instinctive (like a ‘hard drive’) which regulates operational systems of the body; and moving center proper (more like ‘software’) which concerns outward and voluntary interactions with the physical world through our five senses, as well as movement and rhythm.

The Emotional Center: (centered in the heart and solar plexus) This is not the seat or center of our personal affective life or our personal identity as some contemporary thinking would imply.  In fact as Cynthia explains with regard to our attunement to our feelings,

“The real mark of personal authenticity is not how intensely we can express our feelings but how honestly we can look at where we are coming from and spot the elements of clinging, manipulation, and personal agendas that make up so much of what we experience as our emotional life today.”

Furthermore, ‘passions’ in the conventional sense of the word, actually divide the Heart (for example, over-clinging). The Heart, as the center of the emotional center, is for divine perception, serving as a bridge between our mind and body.  It has the capacity to perceive paradox, the both/and.

The Intellectual/Cognitive Center has a natural aptitude for reasoning, doubting, and making fine discriminations—all legitimate and necessary. But as Cynthia describes, this center has a limited capacity in spiritual life:

“In terms of the spiritual journey, trying to find faith with the intellectual center is something like trying to play a violin with a saw; it’s simply the wrong tool for the job.”

The path of Wisdom embraces the whole person: mind, heart, and body. The three centers working in harmony is the prerequisite for Wisdom knowing. In fact the notion of ‘sleep’ as opposed to conscious aware awakening, is an indication of finding yourself in one center only.

When we are alive, balanced, and present in all three centers a higher consciousness and Presenceis available.

These three centers of intelligence can serve as foundational elements around which individual or small group practices and experience is built.  Paying attention to each center and weaving in opportunities to connect with each center helps cultivate three-centered awareness.

Practicing Three-Centered Knowing

Moving Center Practices

A simple body centered exercise to practice in pairs, for noticing sensation and experiencing the resonate field of Presence:

With a practice group or practice partners, take turns noticing and naming sensations in your body, each of you naming three sensations (ex: I am noticing my feet making contact with the floor, I feel tightness in my chest, there is ease in my belly). As one partner is speaking, the other is witnessing. See if you notice an energetic shift as you become more embodied.

Notice times of bracing:

Notice when you are in a state of bracing or grasping. Can you pause and reconnect with your heartbeat, your breath, your feet , your torso, and then return to the simple hand gestures of opening and closing, giving and receiving, being with what is.

Incorporate gestures and body prayers: 

Try opening and closing your hands, feeling the sensations of grasping and letting go, or even try a full body prostration (as described in The Wisdom Way of Knowing, chapter 3).

Emotional Center Practices

Sacred Chanting  wakes up the emotional center with sound, and can deepen the connectivity of the group.  Try familiar Taize chants—freely available to listen and follow online.  There is also a growing body of Wisdom chants pioneered by Darlene Franz, which can also be accessed online (see references and resource list below).

Lectio Divina: can be practiced with any short piece of sacred text or passage. There are a variety of ways to approach this practice. Here is one suggestion:

Start slowly reading a passage aloud, and allow yourself to be drawn to a sentence, a phrase, or even a single word that seems to attract your attention.

Read the passage again slowly, quietly allowing your faculties (your reason, your imagination, or emotions) to begin to work with this passage. This is about a “heart to heart” encounter with the text…it will be different every time.

Read a final time, resting in the sacred presence, and in deep receptivity with the experience. (Some groups may decide to include a period of centering prayer at this stage, as an alternative to meditating before or after the lectio.)

As you feel complete with the first three steps, take turns sharing what you noticed or what became alive for you or impacted you from the passage.

Many Wisdom groups begin by using The Gospel of Thomas in a Lectio Divina format.

Intellectual/Cognitive Center Practices

Whether as a personal individual practice, or in a small group, consider what material or  area of interest might provide fruitful exploration. Some suggestions are:

Discussing parts or chapters from Cynthia’s books, or books or readings from other Wisdom writers

Taking one or a few Gospel of Thomas logions (passages) for discussion

References and Resources:

Books by Cynthia Bourgeault (Cynthia has many published books, and the following provide some specific references to Wisdom practices including those mentioned above):

The Wisdom Way of Knowing 

The Wisdom Jesus

Centering Prayer and Inner Awakening

Chanting the Psalms

The Gospel of Thomas by Lynn Bauman

The Gospel of Thomas or other e-courses  from Spirituality and Practice

Wisdom Chant resources by Darlene Franz

I thought I had posted a Teaching Cynthia Bourgeault had given about 3 or 4 years ago called the yo yo of Being. I've searched but can't seem to find it very easy. It was a turning point for me. The yo yo of Being is about our daily  fluctuating change of state of Consciousness. The Science of Idiotism is more about stage growth, like Spiral Dynamics. Growth in stage or station of Consciousness combined with the experience of the yo yo in different degrees of being or states of Consciousness could be looked at as just another map of Consciousness vaguely similar to the Wilber-Coombs matrix,, I think,,,?

Change of topic.

It seems like the more I admire someone, the greater the odds are that I will unintentionally infuriate or embarrass them. Seems that way anyhow. Following the council of the I-CHING The Oracle of the Cosmic Way, has probably reduced this phenomena somewhat. Also,  I've realized through the ICHING how ones negative self-talk will manifest in one's world without one even being aware of it.  Phrases like - "Oh, they are just that way" or so and so "will always do something stupid. 

So in being more mindful of the negative phrases that I habitually use will reduce the occurrences in which I manifest in a negative way is the same thing as unconsciously creating a spell on matter with words. Having basic trust as well as goodwill is paramount. Making peace with usage of the term Idiot seems crucial from this perspective. To say Idiot and not have a negative inner condition,,,. Idiot in describing one's Essence type would be in this light. I may be appearing to contradict myself here some but with the right intention, this is reversed and instead I'm just paradoxical. This might be a capacity of a certain stage of growth or station.

IMG_0677.JPG

Over time, Red Hawk has become one of my favorite Authors. He has become a world renowned Poet as well, in the last few years. I've heard Martin Butler mention him once in one of his podcasts in which he praised his book SELF OBSERVATION which is the first of a trilogy.

Although we both live in Arkansas, I've never met Red Hawk, but I've had more than one synchronous chane encounter with some acquaintances of his. I had had his book -SELF OBSERVATION for about 4 or 5 years in which I had reread it a number of times. On page 56 he mentions a certain person's name (Jay Landfair) and he thanked him for a particular teaching he received from them at one time in the past.

It finally dawned on me one day that I had met Mr. Landfair once back around 2004 when I was undergoing some extreme shifts of emotion and mental states. To be honest, my behavior was bordering on being that of a raving Lunatic. What a strange sensation that realization gave me. This was just one of three different chance encounters I had with others who were aquaintences of Red Hawk. At times, it really does seem like a small world,,,,

////////////Change of topic///////////

I'm not familiar with Shunyamurti's trans-conceptual awareness but it sounds quite similar to the Teaching I received in connection to Centering Prayer and what is referred to as  non conceptual or objectless Awareness. This is the state or condition that is cultivated in Centering Prayer Meditation over time.by some of its practitioners.

IMG_1091.JPG 

Here's a portrait of the human being holon and so it must also possibly be a picture of God. 

Arnold Keyserling just referred to it as a philosophers stone. It is made up of 3x4 among other things.

Thought is one of the four Jungian functions. Which make up the four functions of Consciousness.

• Thinking
  • Sensing
  • Feeling
  • Willing/intuition*

The asterisk is put above because it's a relabeling of Jung's term. In Keyserling's Magnum Opus - Chance and Choice, the argument can be found for the reasoning behind this.

The three of the 3x4 represent the spacial realms of

• Body
  • Soul
  • Spirit

In the human body 2 of the consciousness functions are premixed, you might say. This gives the basis for fulfilling the Law of Three as it's called. In the Law of Three Active force, passive force, and neutralizing force are brought into balance which manifests a Fourth. A new arising. This is when the ego transforms and is subdued within Being. Three Centered Awareness aka Fulasnitamnian awareness bringing about Three Centered Knowing and over time, a series of coated higher Being bodies. The first of which is the Astral body. 

Im not declaring this as absolute reality. It may be bullshit. But I encourage those who are interested in it, to adopt it from time to time as a philosophers Stone. The best place to argue and hash all this out would probably be the thread linked below in High Consciousness Resources. 

I may repost this there in Order to bump it up to the top.

Letting Love Out of the Cage
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

You sit there and you want so much for somebody to love you.  You think to yourself, “If only someone could see the real me… if the world could see all the love I have inside, then surely they’d love me.”  You stay there, keeping all that love caged inside.  And you want… for someone to magically see through your exterior and love the real you.  And you hold onto the belief that “When love comes my way, then I’ll be free to express myself.  My heart will be liberated.”  But it is the outward expression of love that makes you feel alive, that gives you the feeling of belonging to life.  First you must give love, then you receive it.  First you liberate your heart… first you let the love out… first you let the world see the person you are on the inside.

8 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

You sit there and you want so much for somebody to love you.  You think to yourself, “If only someone could see the real me… if the world could see all the love I have inside, then surely they’d love me.”  You stay there, keeping all that love caged inside.  And you want… for someone to magically see through your exterior and love the real you.  And you hold onto the belief that “When love comes my way, then I’ll be free to express myself.  My heart will be liberated.”  But it is the outward expression of love that makes you feel alive, that gives you the feeling of belonging to life.  First you must give love, then you receive it.  First you liberate your heart… first you let the love out… first you let the world see the person you are on the inside.

Thank you for reminding us of this. :x?

@fridjonk  Credit goes to Dr. Jim.  I'm glad you liked it!

//////////////////

Mercy is the highest Law.

That's why angry Jehovah is the equivalent of a Pissant within the realm of Gods. True empathy and compassion from  a certain perspective can be seen as ruthless as well, because it excludes do-gooderism and the element of pity which is just  sham compassion and the concern of outer appearances. There are so many times when things are different from what they appear to be.

The capacity for letting go requires frequent exercising the muscle of disidentification. The turning away which is an embodied belly center quality. It's impossible for someone stuck in their head. Being stuck in the head and thinking about disidentification just perpetuates this particular neurosis creating thought and useless and life-robbing thought loops. This often creates psychic entropy.

Surrender, dive down through the heart center, the hara, and on down to count coup amoung  the nerve endings of the feet and sense the goosebumps. Float up to the hara and activate it as the locus of your experience. Now, straighten the posture. The hara will then have capacities needed to grab things out in the world and work in concert with the belly center which can drop and turn away from anything. At this point the high speed Intellectual-emotional complex utilizes the directives of the Feeling messages coming from awakened Conscience. Be lighthearted and carefree.

IMG_1093.JPG

A snippet from my I CHING reading this morning.

I've had these in my browser since yesterday. Forgot to hit the submit reply button.

In ACIM and I believe also in the New Testament Jesus speaks of "Having your being".

The following Almaas quote reminds me of this mixed with a Maslow perceptual/ descriptive filter.- 

Development and Actualization of a State is what is Needed to go Beyond It

The process of development is the same thing as the process of unveiling or shedding at the same time. The development and the actualization of a state is what is needed to go beyond it. They are not two separate things. You cannot go beyond self until you actualize self. For instance, when finally you know your true self, you are it, you realize in the same instant that you’ve gone beyond it. You do not need it any more because you’ve got it. That is the hierarchy of needs—when you do not have it, you need it. You must look for it, but the moment you get it, get it completely, you do not need it any longer. It is not exactly that you do not need it any longer; you realize that it is not important. You realize that it is an idea in your mind anyway. But you do not know that it is just an idea in your mind until you get it. The process of the satisfaction of the needs, the totality of the hierarchy, is the same process as the process of unveiling or shedding. So it looks paradoxical but it is really not a paradox; it is the same thing. When I say you need to let go of your desires, how do you do that? You do not let go by saying you are going to let go; you let go by actualizing them, by understanding them completely. In my opinion, there is no other way than by completely experiencing them. Complete understanding and actualization opens the door for transcendence, for Being to take consciousness further. You cannot let go of self until you completely have self. You cannot let go of your own will until you completely have your will. You cannot let go of love until you have love. That is the natural process of penetrating, of unveiling. If we remember that this is a process, that the actualization is at the same time a loss, a going beyond, that will help us to not get so frustrated and suffer so
much.

Diamond Heart Book Four, pg. 154

If it wasn't for politicians and Fox News broadcasters, shit shovelers wouldn't have anyone they could look down on.

But then there comes a time in one's development,,,,,,

Coming from Peace and Stillness

When you really see that the nature of the personality is reactivity, a cyclic reactivity, when you see the whole cycle of ego activity based on hope, desire and rejection, it is possible that the activity will cease, and peace and stillness will arise. Then it is possible to understand what Being is. When this happens, you’ll discover that even if there is action and activity, where you come from is peace and stillness. This peace and stillness that you are coming from is exactly what your ego resists most of all. In fact, the first experience of peace is what the ego is trying to cover up with its reactivity. It is a kind of death experience, because you experience nothing there, just complete, absolute silence and blackness. That is peace, complete peace. There is no action, no reaction, no nothing. Just complete silence, complete peace. You might actually be engaged in some activity, but where you are coming from, your fundamental attitude, is that there is no reaction to anything, no rejection of anything. If you allow this to happen, then it is possible to know what Being is. Essentially, this experience of peace, of death, is that you are not reacting, and that you are not. There is precisely the feeling of “I am not.” I am not, and so there is no reactivity. The full experience of Being is a little beyond this, is more a feeling that “I am,” but I am not reacting.

Diamond Heart Book Three, pg. 183

THE FEELING OF NOTHINGNESS

“When the Work says that a man must come to realize his own nothingness before he can be re-born, it does not mean that he must humble himself and so on, but that he must by long self-observation actually begin to realize that he is nothing and that there is no such person as himself. The object of this is to get into a position, psycho- logically speaking, between the opposites...Why is it so important
to get somewhere into the centre of the pendulum and not swing to and fro? Because here, between the opposites, lie all the possibilities of growth. Here influences from higher levels can reach us. Here, in this place where one can feel one’s own nothingness (and where one is therefore free from contradictions), influences and meanings com- ing from higher centres, which have no contradictions, can be felt. Not regarding yourself as good or bad, not priding yourself on being just or otherwise, not thinking you are well-treated or badly-treated, not being caught by either movement through identifying, you come into this mid-position. This is not easy! With personality active, it is impossible.” V. 1, p. 329 - Maurice Nicoll

Earlier in life i used to experience the most awful feelings of emptiness and existential angst amongst other harsh, empty kinds of feelings. The kind of experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies. That is, if I had any, which, as earlier in life, I did.

I don't mess with people in a negative way. Sometimes though I kind of make slight gestures of tickling their inner world, you might say. I'm afraid though, as it now appears, it gets taken in a wrong way sometimes. An unintended negative way. Maybe this little attempt at explaining will help them realize I'm not the kind of psychopath they're tempted to take me as. Although, I do have a bit of the psychopath about me. But not one of the mean variety anyway. ??‍♂️