Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,793 posts in this topic

Oops

Trying to post during a thunderstorm made a mess. Here's the full post, hopefully.

Two different usages of the word personality

Disclaimer and warning. The following may be worded bluntly and possibly make me appear like a know-it-all. I'm not , but from some perspectives, I appear to be.. It's not my intention to force everyone into this box unless the reader finds that, what is stated is also true for them, then I do. So I put a metaphorical door on this box because our Awakened True Self, Real "I" has Will and can do.

I see now how it would serve me well to better learn the Myers Briggs typology.

The false self is cultivated through our childhood conditioning and education which is then lorded over by the cultural ego. Personality is then equated with ego. 

Real "I" is also equated wth personality when a person matures, wakes up from out of one's conditioning with its identifications, some of which are imposed on it from the Culture. Integration and individuating can result in the attainment of the Pearl beyond Price. I'm not there yet but I feel like the fog sometimes clears a little and I get to see over the fence, like it's the promised land. Perhaps even experience a higher state for a bit, but hopefully, eventually,  reach a higher stage or station. The full Pearl,,, Some report an inner experience of a blue Pearl. Others have reported the experience of a wheel turning, which then stops. Unless I'm mistaken, this was Carl Jung's experience.

The outer enneatype personality is false and can be worked with and shaped. The inner Essence type based on one's body type (dominant endocrine gland) is fixed more so and found in the inner part of the Enneagram.

IMG_1076.JPG

I've shared the following explanation/quote in the past which gives the reasoning for the study of endocrine or Essence types. This explains also in a roundabout way, why Enlightened or Realized people like Eckart Tolle, a more reserved type isn't expected to ever put on flashy clothes, jump up on the stage, and starting belting out an old Elvis tune come Karaoke night at his favorite restaurant. What comes natural is different for different Essence types.

From this book -

IMG_1075.JPG

"When we are able to recognize types and predict the characteristic reactions, we find that this information is liberating, both as it applies to ourselves and as it helps us to understand others. Once we know that virtually all limitations, weakness and shortcomings are not things for which we can be blamed, most of us feel the lifting of guilt that we have carried for most of our lives. If we are Lunars we cannot be outgoing and emotionally demonstrative, no matter how much others urge us to be and how much we may want to please them. If we are Saturns we cannot stop trying to control others--- always for their own good--- no matter how strenuously they object. If we are Venusians we cannot be aggressively ambitious no matter how much our mothers want us to be and how much we may love our mothers. If we are an emotionally centered mercurial and find it impossible to engage in repetitive tasks day after day, word processing in an isolated cubicle, or putting shingles on roofs, then we should begin to understand how hard it is for a moving centered Martial to experience his own emotions, much less express them effectively. ,,,,,"

From page 265

This also brings in the type in relation to one's center of gravity based somewhat and expressed in relation to the four Jungian functions - Sensing, thinking, feeling, willing (intuition) Fudging here with willing (intuition),,,,, as it was taught to me.

Intellectually centered

Emotionally centered

Moving centered

Instinctively centered 

I am a moving centered, mars type for an example.

So in addition to endocrine type is the inclusion of one's center of gravity,,,,

Combining the instinctive and moving centers (hara) results in Gurdjieff's portrayal of humans as 3 brained beings or 3 centered beings,,,

It is said in the Work that we must learn to become passive towards our personalities. Or make the personality more passive. Making Essence in us boss. The two usages of personality can make it confusing. 

When personality is boss, egomaniac is result.

Automaton being boss is a form of egomania or slavery.

It could be said maybe that the Inner child Essence must become boss with the Witness observing.

Be as a child, enter the Kingdom,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

The Thirst For More
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

Take a look at, for instance, people’s relationship with money.  The gratification you get from it is very short-lived.  The good feelings come and then quickly leave.  So you have to make more money to get more gratification.  But the money and the spending never really satisfy.  So you have to make more again.  Money, and the material things you acquire with it, are just stuff – external things that don’t really fill you up.  If used properly, money is a tool.  But it isn’t an end in itself; it won’t give you happiness or peace of mind.  It’s a similar situation in people who just take pills as a substitute for real therapy.  The pills may give short-lived relief from your anxiety, depression, stress, or your high blood pressure.  But the pills don’t get to the heart of the matter.  They never satisfy the real problems.  They don’t give you happiness or peace of mind.  So you keep taking them.  And I ask you, if you have to keep taking something, is it really a cure?

In past self observation and Inquiry I noticed that wearing my glasses would put me more into ego/false personality through the action of framing my eyesight/perception and reducing peripheral awareness.

In witnessing awareness my attention will be split between peripheral vision and predator/direct vision. In witnessing awareness I have no startle response. There will most always be a startle response, for example, from a loud unexpected noise if I'm not in witnessing awareness..

Impartial Attention Exercises

These are associated with assimilating Third Being Food. They can be practiced individually, sequentially or simultaneously. 

Sightless Gaze - one attends to ones total visual field as one diffuse, panoramic field of light, taking in everything without identifying or labelling the impressions as things or actions, good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant.

Soundless Sound - one attends to ones total aural field as one omnidirectional field of sound, taking in everything without identifying or labelling the impressions as things or actions, good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant.

Odourless Odour - one attends to all odours taking in every odour without identifying or labelling the impressions as things or actions, good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant.

Tasteless Taste  - one attends to all taste impressions, taking in everything without identifying or labelling the impressions as things or actions, good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant.

Touchless Touch - one attends to all the sensations in the body, from the skin to the bone marrow, taking in all sensations without identifying or labelling the impressions as things or actions, good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant.

from- https://www.endlesssearch.co.uk/exercises_attention.htm

I've met several Zen Masters.

Most of them we're cats.

I remember Alan Watts quoting someone who said that but I forget who it was.

My cat has been acting extra crazy here recently. Something is definitely going on. I wouldn't rule out there being a possession of some kind,,,, She was showing out in front of company a couple of evenings ago. Like a little kid might do.

Imaginal realm = Causal realm = Realm of the atom

There are so many seemingly contradictory notions in the Work because of words having in actuality more than one usage.

Personality being one that I've recently commented on. Imagination is another,,, On one hand, it's at the heart of spiritual sleep, but on the other hand it's at the heart of our creative capacities. A few contemporary mystics actually use the term Imaginal realm in place of Causal realm. The huge spanning category of self deception lies between the two. Self deception is first cousins with vested interests, it seems. Carol Anthony, in The Oracle of the Cosmic Way refers to this Imaginal or Causal realm as being the realm of the atom.

Just above here, I meant that self deception lies between spiritual sleep and our creative capacity.

I had forgotten about this. I love this story.that McKenna tells about Rene Descartes. Modern Science was founded by an Angel!

This guys very short videos deliver the lessons in a very efficient manner. I've posted a good number of them on the Gurdjieff thread in High Consciousness Resources.They're a treasure in regard to esoteric knowledge. They're esoteric in sense, not because it's hidden knowledge but because it's something everyone seems to look past, not realizing the significance of what's being said. 

He messes up slightly in the first one above on negative emotions. The correct expression refers to putting a stick in the spokes of the wheel which turns automatically. Good video anyhow,,,

Time for some shut eye. Good night,,,

Recollecting movies I've seen, Paint your wagon came to mind. I didn't want to junk up @Dragos thread so I decided to just put it here. It's unique in that it's a musical featuring Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood.  In this opening seen Lee Marvin delivers a colorful eulogy burying a stranger killed in a wagon wreck when  he says -" Oh God, we pass on to you, the body and soul, of this nameless peckerhead."

This movie was made back in the late sixties. Chances are if you hate musicals, you'll like it, but if you love musicals, you probably hate it.

R

Two great videos currently being shared. I like how Akilesh aka @winterknight points out how psychotherapy can assist our spiritual growth. In the lower video, this guy accurately expounds on the brilliance of Eckhart Tolle's coining of the term 'painbody'. A synchronicity occurs in my inner world in once hearing Ken Wilber describing that psychological and spiritual growth share one particular line of development. -"The capacity for disinterested awareness."- 

As an ex-Scientologist, I recall the process of auditing out, of what they called engrams, which are psychological traumas stored scattered around in the tissue of the body.  A few years after leaving Scientology, in reading the works of Arnold Keyserling and Ralph Losey, I encountered their description of what they referred to as endogen engrams. The term endogen was never used in Scientology and in a hastily performed google search I only encountered the phrase endogen engram in the works of Keyserling/Losey.

All of this ties together synchronisticly in my inner experience. The gist of it would be my suggestion that for anyone engaged in psychological growth and processing as a part of their spiritual growth, the greatest asset they may run across would be an ex-Scientologist who was trained as an 'Auditor' who still has their 'e-meter' device, which is basically a lie detector, and would be willing to audit the the spiritual seeker for a number of sessions. In short, I believe these trained auditors have the capacity to completely out perform the majority of any psychoanalyst that anyone would randomly encounter. It would be foolish of me to suggest this as an absolute because there exists both delusional ex-Scientologists as well as intuitively genius and gifted traditional Psychotherapists. 

I was never trained as an Auditor in Scientology nor do I own an e-meter but I am aware that many have left the cult of Scientology and have not abandoned this process of doing auditing among other ex-Scientologists. These people are pretty rare though. In an imaginative conjecture, I picture the future of psychotherapy at some point adopting these specific methods born out of Dianetics and Scientology and this will greatly speed up the process of shadow work and awakening of the global population.

Concisely stated in an imaginative conjecture that would probably be considered heresy among the conventional-minded would be-  Endogen engrams are the building blocks of the painbody and also the motorfuel for unguided Golums. 

My dislike of other people

The idea occurred to me today that I need to examine in what way I'm like Elliot Hulse.  I've criticized and made fun of him repeatedly over the last year or so. I've learned of this phenomena a few tears ago where whoever we have a strong dislike for is someone who we share a personality trait with that we're not owning,,, in a sense. To me, he seems like a kind of human puffer fish. I've had a bit of that in the past but not too bad. It may be the trait of overcompensating in ways. I've definitely got that. That's probably it or maybe it's just one of the things about him that I also have which causes me to dislike him.

In the past, I had a very strong dislike for Dan Quail. After I read his biography, I actually grew to appreciate him in ways. I even had an appreciation for Richard Nixon after I read a couple of his books. I need to read one of Dan Rathers books. I've always had a strong dislike for him. Also that guy called the Rock, whatever his name is. Something about him that I really dislike. I've always thought he was stupid but he's probably smarter than I am. Anyway, these people that I have a strong natural dislike for,,, There's often some personality trait or something that we have in common. Strongly disliking anyone is a waste of energy anyway. I tend to forget that but slowly I'm getting a little better. Getting older in a itself, helps. Everyone tends to mellow somewhat, the older they get I've noticed.

“Unless we know the basic mechanics behind the workings of the ego, we won’t recognize it, and it will trick us into identifying with it again and again. The act of recognizing the ego is one of the ways awakening happens. Arising consciousness makes this recognition possible.”

— Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth

I just got this quote from Eckhart Tolle off of an Enneagram website. It really contradicts what ACIM says, of which Tolle is an advanced student I would say. 

My point being that it's a beneficial attribute in being able to sit with contradictory statements and being ok with it. Maybe even making statements where you contradict yourself as an exercise in non identifying. 

Lately it has struck me again that Eckhart Tolle experience of nearly loosing his marbles and having his spiritual breakthrough happened around the time of his Saturn return 29 1/2 years. Which is the same for everyone. A lot of people experience a major shift in their life around that time.

Same = Same = Same

Yogananda - Ra material - Acim

Yogananda  said the second coming of Christ would be the widespread development/ arrival of Christ Consciousness in humanity.

Christ Consciousness The projected consciousness of God immanent in all creation. In Christian scripture, the "only begotten son," the only pure reflection in creation of God the Father; in Hindu scripture, Kutastha Chaitanya or Tat, the universal consciousness, or cosmic intelligence, of Spirit everywhere present in creation. (The terms "Christ Consciousness" and "Christ Intelligence" are synonymous, as also "Cosmic Christ" and "Infinite Christ.") It is the universal consciousness, oneness with God, manifested by Jesus, Krishna, and other avatars. Great saints and yogis know it as the state of samadhi meditation wherein their consciousness has become identified with the divine intelligence in every particle of creation; they feel the entire universe as their own body. -- Read more: http://yogananda.com.au/g/g_christ_consciousness.html#top

The Holy Idea which acts as a catalyzer for the transformation of this ego is Holy Love/ Divine Love. This can lead to the Virtue (energy) of Action.

According to Ichazo, Divine Love is as he describes 

“The awareness that though the laws which govern reality are objective, they are not cold, because these cosmic laws inevitably lead to the creation of organic life, and Life itself, like all natural phenomena, fulfills a cosmic purpose.

As soon as the mind’s word mechanism is destroyed, love, the natural condition of the mind, appears. Love begins the moment man contemplates the Creation and says, ‘Thank you, God.’ All men feel this somewhat, no animal can feel this at all. Man alone can know that all comes from God.”

This odd quote, just above from Ichazo about the when mind's word mechanism being destroyed begins the chapter on Holy Love in my favorite book on the Enneagram. AH Almaas's Facets of Unity. Divine Love is at point nine on the Enneagram. Love is the virtue. Sloth is the passion at point nine.

The mind's word mechanism being destroyed sounds like being in a state of inner quiet.

??‍?

?

The World of the Ego
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen         ??

We call it our “identity.”  We call it our “personality.”  We try to make it into something we consider special, and then we cling to what we have made.  As if we can really make ourselves.  We fashion these egos of ours, but we do not make the Self.  You don’t make your Self and I don’t make mine.

Think of the ego as your little self in a little body on a little planet in the middle of a huge ocean of universe.  The ego is indeed the little self.  It gets its feelings hurt easily.  It feels threatened, and then it gets scared and angry and wants to retaliate.  It gets in little power struggles.  It thinks it needs approval and recognition from other little egos.  It’s unsure and insecure, but it tries to act like it knows what it’s doing.  And then it wants to blame everyone else for its mistakes.

You do not have to rely on that little ego.  By its nature, it is unreliable.  Do not accept the idea that your ego is you.  Do not believe that that is all you are.  We are just passing through these bodies, learning and growing from our experiences here on this earth, on our way to our Higher Self.

You know what you are really capable of.  You know there is a real person inside of you who can love so deeply that the people you love are a part of you.  You know that you can see right past their errors and shortcomings, and peer into their hearts.  You know the joy this brings to you and to them.  You know all this from the moments of really experiencing it.  And because you can touch it and experience it for even a moment, you have the proof of who and what you really are.

The News these days,,,,

Tailored and custom spun for confusion.,,,,,

Transparent manipulation for anyone with common sense to see. Too bad that there is some kind of mid-generational hiccup going on relative to what’s historically been known as ‘common sense.‘

Yes,,, I made the mistake of clicking on one of these “news” links today.,,,,

From a “relative” clairvoyant perspective also spiced this evening from a medium fever, infection induced, I might ad in my  best Monty Python Affectation ,,, just a mere flesh wound you know,,,

well what can I say,,,

Psychological T ball methods to re-entrench preprogrammed Neo-Ayn Rand stylized alt-right morons and convincing them  of how smart they are in figuring it all out.

Yeah,,, you know man,,, them Chinese were halfway behind this whole thing,,,,, you know,,,man

Jeez,,,,

Cant claim said clairvoyant capacity Is pristine, though. It’s filtered through a dirtied lens in relation to what remains in regard to my emotional purification.

But still yet, In the land of the blind,

the one eyed man is King who at the moment is being played by the Joker.

Ahemm,,

I need to exit news and politics this evening anyway,,,,for the sake of my unreliable sanity, naiveté, remaining goodwill and innocence. 

Please pardon me this evening if need be. I have no idea.

This fever has left me as unboundried as about any drunk could get.

The good thing is, I feel free!

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

He healed some people simply through his presence.

Like the mystic Gurdjieff, there are many who dismiss the extraordinary Work of Healer, David Hawkins.

IMG_1084.JPG

In reading Power vs Force, I was hooked.

Psychiatrist, Physician, Gifted Healer, Author, and communicator

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/11784.David_R_Hawkins

My two favorites,,, re-read many times over

IMG_1082.JPGIMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

Read this back about 2013. I have a great appreciation for the book title. Overall, it's just a so so read.

If I can remember the story rightly,,,,The highlight for me was when this guy went off the deep end one weekend and called the suicide hotline only to discover that no one answered. Not only that, it was vacant because as it turned out he was the one who was responsible. He was a part time volunteer for the suicide hotline  and had forgotten to have someone cover for him this particular weekend.

L

Fascinating interview here. I get tickled at Russell Brand's quick wit. Actually this was a little

overwhelming. The power of multinational corporations, military industrial corruption complex and the problems that seem to be on the horizon.  Somewhat depressing with the picture painted of the powers that be. Jacques Perreti's description of how the Chinese frame problem solving reminded me very much of Gurdjieff's Law of three..Oddly enough the two videos below that I've watched in the last couple of days compliment it in a roundabout way. A lot of information is packed into this one for processing.

This jives with the Fourth Way map of human development in that our 2 higher centers, higher emotional center and 

higher intellectual centers are already fully formed but remain disconnected until the lower centers are integrated 

and purified.

More Rapture, Apocalypse, end of the World stuff. Delores Cannon has replaced David Icke, Drunvalo Malchezedek, and David Wilcock for me in the department of far out Woo Woo material that I'm drawn to. Trickster types and shady people seem to rely on plausible deniability. I can't name it at the moment but Delores Cannon has maybe the opposite of plausible deniabilty that allows her knowledge to rest in the "as if" category of possibly true which is entertainment for me.

Mechanical personality traits of the counterphobic enneatype 6, which is my enneatype-

• overcompensating
  • the compulsive need to make qualifying remarks
  • destructiveness rooted in the passion of fear
  • mistrusting authority 
  • fighting for the underdog