Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,790 posts in this topic

I'm a novice carpenter. Still waiting to see a board stretcher hit the market. ? 

I'm my best friend as well as my worst enemy.

We're all going to hang out together this weekend.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

29 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Still waiting to see a board stretcher hit the market. ? 

hahaha, I've been in many situations where that would've been very handy. :D

Enjoying this Joe Rogan podcast with Russell Brand. It's good to see how lighthearted and civil they are to each other when discussing topics that they don't necessarily agree on.  At about an hour into it, the discussion goes into vegetarianism,,, hunting elk,, etc.,

After this, they touch on addiction, use of psychedelics. 

Ive avoided watching/listening to Joe Rogan very often in the past because the length of his podcasts. This has been a great conversation and I'm only half way through it. I have a new respect for both of these guys.

5 hours ago, Marc Schinkel said:

Measure twice, cut once.

Cut twice and it's still too short,,,,, Damn, where's that board stretcher. ? ??‍?

Marc, Sometimes that's how my 'impromptu engineering' turns out,,, ? 

////////://///////////

Wasn't sure if sister was laughing or crying. 

I think our skulls are close to the same shape.

The best scene in the whole movie.

Thanks for putting up with me when I go off into left field.

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0852.PNG

I'm not mad and this is not a rant.  ✌️??‍?

It just starts out resembling one. I'm thankful that I'm no longer hooked on the news like I used to be. Politics too. I used to always get hooked into (identified) with at least one political issue or news story everyday and get angry. What a waste of time that is. I just don't care in the same way that I used to.

Donald Trump getting elected President helped me to quit watching the news. Not meaning to be overly negative but I don't want to hear anything that dumb bastard has to say. Even with the sound turned down on the tv, I can tell he's stupid and crooked. Sure, there is some projection there on my part but it's not 100% projection. Not that I don't love him as a human being but as the power hungry personality that he is, occupying the office of the President, he's just a walking pile of dog shit.

I've been fairly quiet lately and reading on Stan Grof's New two volume set, The Way of the Psychonaut.  I bought Christopher M. Bache's Diamonds from Heaven - LSD And The Mind Of The Universe at the same time. I'm tempted to go ahead and start it while I'm still on Stan Grof's book.

I've done a lot of experimenting and have taken a lot of trips in the last year. A lot more than is probably necessary for an average person on the path of Actualization. I really enjoy Lsd and Cubensis mushrooms . Mdma is interesting and nice but I thought ketamine was a nightmare experience. It felt like being lost in a forest of Barber poles on the side of a steep mountain. Just a really unpleasant experience.

I remember from watching a YouTube of Christopher Bache, he said anything over 600 ug is just a waste and I feel like I've verified that for myself. On one occasion last year I took 1500 micrograms and several times I took around 1000 micrograms but I don't recommend doing that. Anyone who wants to try lsd should start with low doses to gauge themselves for subsequent trips. For some reason I seem to have a strong tolerance to Lsd. 

When on Lsd, the speed at which a chain of thoughts and concepts go through my mind is just amazing, at times.

I barely knew who Kobe Bryant was because I'm not a fan of professional spectator sports but I "saw" the effect of his untimely death in the blue and orange SD groups of people. A fair amount of these people probably voted for Trump or were/are Trump fans. I felt how they were feeling their emotional pain and saw how they were kicked in the gut by the loss of this talented man and his family in that helicopter crash. It was such a weird experience for me in a way. To be, you might say, inside the head/heart of a lot of these people in a way that I normally wouldn't have been. It made me realize how something so unrelated could have an effect on political elections through a weird chain of events. Or maybe expressed more accurately, how this had an emotional effect on a certain percentage block of voters. It gets difficult for me to express the insight,,,,

The insight came about during one of those lsd high flow chain of thought states of consciousness, along with a dozen other things. For instance, the curiosity of whether any Astronauts have ever requested Molly Hatchet music to be played while they were in space.,,,, What? Yeah. That's how it goes a lot of times for me on trips. The profound is mixed in with the absurd, the silly, the outrageous, the painful and sad. Just like everyday life but at a much quicker pace and with a little more intensity. I wish I had kept a better diary of all the different trips.

❤️✌️

3 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I bought Christopher M. Bache's Diamonds from Heaven - LSD And The Mind Of The Universe at the same time.

Please report on it here once you finish it, I'm very interested in it. :)

3 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I barely knew who Kobe Bryant was because I'm not a fan of professional spectator sports but I "saw" the effect of his untimely death in the blue and orange SD groups of people. A fair amount of these people probably voted for Trump or were/are Trump fans.

I was a huge fan of Kobe all of my childhood, he's probably the only influential person I stuck with throughout my whole life. If this had happened 6 years ago I'd have been A LOT more devastated than I actually was now, knowing death is an illusion and there never was a Kobe. I was saddened but more so celebrated all of the inspiration he gave me. Still to this day, I apply the wisdom I learned from his insane work ethic. He really knew everything about passion-driven work. 

I think you'd be surprised by some of the wisdom he had during his second career as a storyteller, almost to the extent of a philosopher. He transcended orange and was in a green to yellow transmission before his death. But his fanbase is so massive that it mostly consists of blue/orange as one would expect.  

Edited by fridjonk

On 3/29/2020 at 9:44 AM, fridjonk said:

Please report on it here once you finish it, I'm very interested in it. :)

@fridjonk  You bet! Actually, I started reading in it some today. His style of writing is a little easier to digest than Grof's. That's one of my first impressions. Also, to add some interesting trivia. There's a second appendix in the back titled :

Pushing the Limits of Astrological Correspondence

This does look interesting. ?

My post early this morning is a good example of how I suddenly exhibit pettiness. My words about Donald Trump were a little bit harsh. A fitting expression in the form of a question would be. Who pissed in my Cheerios?

I was tempted to hide the harsh remarks but I guess I'll leave it as an example and record of my fractiousness and volatility.

Pearls in the chicken feed 

I would bet that at some point in the future, or in Heaven, there's going to be a street of gold named Ocke de Boer Boulevard and also one named Red Hawk Boulevard. Just because of four little books between the both of them. Tonight, there's not any me. Just a feeling of well being.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Add - of

IMG_1028.JPG

Below is taken from the classic -The Master Game. Robert DeRopp is describing here some common traps on the path that we fall into.

IMG_1025.JPG

I enjoyed his Biographical account in Warriors Way as much, if not more. He was a student of Ouspensky.lived a very interesting life. By profession he was a biologist.

IMG_1029.JPG

Either one of these books make for a good alarm clock.

Chickens cooped up will pick at one another more than free reange birds. In the big commercial chicken houses, I've observed it in the brief amount of time that I've spent around them. Growing up, a percentage of my friends belonged to families that were held hostage by a mortgage against their farm and the promises of riches in the poultry business.

In the commercial houses it appeared like scapegoating would take place in the 'chicken community'. Weakened birds would eventually be pecked to death by the others. No escape!

I've seen cattle do it as well. While putting out hay in the winter, I would observe how the weakest ones of the herd were always being "T-boned' by the healthy animals. Chickens are worse with their brutality though, I believe.

You could call some of them aggravated chicken peckers in how they would gang up on the weak ones. The more damaged the scapegoated chickens became, the more attention they seemed to attract from the aggravated chicken peckers. Horses and goats pigs aren't exempt from forms of this behavior either.

People are like this too, it seems. They sometimes behave as the human equivalent of an aggravated chicken pecker. It's an automatic or mechanical behavior. Unconscious behavior in humans. Observing schadenfreude in oneself and waking up is required. Waking up has to be an inside job.

Ocke de Boer phrased it as people acting like unguided projectiles. Until the emotional center gets purified, we may periodically behave as unguided projectiles or unguided Golems' riding on the wild pendulum of emotions. The Intellectual emotional complex has to be balanced and worked on through getting grounded in the belly center. That's part of the recipe for fulasnitamnian awareness or three centered awareness.

Watching an old episode of Joe Rogan with Graham Hancock. They got on the subject of people acting shitty on the internet for no good reason at all at about 48 minutes in. This reminded me of how people often feed unconsciously on negativity,,,,

I just discovered that Joe Rogan is cool about ten years after the fact. The same way I 'discovered' Nirvana as well as the Red Hot Chili Peppers were good bands. The YouTube Precogs are sending me these old podcasts to watch. 

Gollum stays in Narrative consciousness all the time. There's an alternative to being an unguided Gollum, I remind myself. Beginning with self observation which is free of inner criticism.

IMG_1030.JPG

On the path we can either heal or create.

From ACIM -

Heal outside the Kingdom.

Create within the Kingdom.

IMG_1032.JPG

"Psilocybin mushrooms make nicer people" Paul Stamets says near the end of the interview.

Good discussion here touching on how therapists are now being trained implementing psychedelics to break opioid addiction in people. New paradigm unfolding now it seems with the stories of success from the underground psychedelic therapy pioneers. They're  moving quickly into the mainstream with Canada, Mexico, and Portugal providing supportive environments with their relaxed drug laws.

Paul Stamets recommends 2 new movies concerning mushrooms  

• Fantastic Fungi
  • Dosed

Maybe it's necessary to express in a  negative way in order to make certain points. I don't know,,,,,

If you have a friend that gets on your nerves at times because they talk too much, do you ever mention this too them?

It depends on many different factors this point, I guess,,,

Back and Forth Enlightenment in an up and down world

Enlightenment rarely happens all at once. Witness Consciousness is elemental to enlightenment. No one goes into the second tier without knowing the experience of what Echart Tolle calls the experience of being the Observer.

Fully enlightened people are incapable of violence. Through Self remembering one can have the odd experience of becoming enlightened 5 times in a day. I wouldn't say that's true for everyone.  For the vast majority of people though, the idea of becoming enlightened 5 times in a week is how reality will be, at some point, if they climb past the threshold of the first and second tier. Getting a good taste of what in the Fourth Way is called Self Remembering, will include seeing  how the state of Witness Consciousness also comes and goes. This will be how the unfoldment up the path goes for most people, I propose. 

I may bring out the Science of Idiotism again with a couple of reference points. Zigzag Idiot is the last Idiot before Enlightened Idiot as illustrated by Bruno Martin. As Witness Consciousness is elemental to Enlightened Idiot and beyond some contend that premeditated violence is also actually an impossibility. Pondering earlier this evening, my imaginative conjecture was that people on the Green level of the Spiral transcend premeditated violence and by the time a person is solidly at the Turqoise level, they are incapable of violence and even crimes of passion such as murder.

As the state/condition of Witness Consciousness comes and goes so does deeper and deeper levels of Self Remembering in my experience. I put the shift from green to yellow on the Spiral or the shift from first tier to second tier as also the shift equivalent to the movement of Zigzag Idiot to Enlightened Idiot. There are a few charts of the Science of Idiotism and the ladder of reason found earlier in this journal in case anyone is interested.

Experiencing Self Remembering shows me that spiritual sleep comes and goes. I've been doing this for years and would maintain it's a little different for everyone. This will sound crazy to some and grandiose to others. I wouldn't be surprised if a few even hated me for making such a statement. Regardless, I'll go ahead and claim that in my experience, enlightenment comes and goes and it's no big deal. I hope someday to be solidly at the Turqoise level at least. That would be nice and hopefully doable. Backsliding in a big way is also a possibility. 

If this all sounds crazy or if reading this pisses you off, then maybe you shouldn't read my Journal. I welcome comments but I'm not interested in arguing with anyone within this Journal. That can be done somewhere else. Maybe out on the forum but I usually like to avoid arguing if possible.

I think bringing up the idea of Witness Consciousness and what it consists of, is time well spent and also an idea to return to and ponder often. Maybe even have heated discussions about. ?‍♂️

Don't forget to take deep belly breaths, sense your feet and relax the small muscles of the face every now and then also. ???

Up and down in a back and forth world

In my roller coaster life of ups and downs, gathering healthier forms of coping mechanisms became a strategy. Like Psychological alarm clocks, some coping mechanisms lose their effectiveness. Back In the 90's during severe bouts of anxiety and depression, watching the three stooges worked sometimes for me. Moreso for anxiety.  Sometimes Foghorn Leghorn cartoons.

Later on in the 2000's after having  read Castaneda, I might resort to making fun of myself in front of the mirror. Perhaps start with making my sad face look even more sad,,,, Just a sad long face,, so sad,,,,,

Intuition tells me everyone has to find their own strategies for getting out of the desert or breaking an obsessive worry cycle. Eventually one strategy I used for my ego to return to happiness was to starve myself from food. I've always had a terrible diet loaded with carbohydrates and sugars but somehow finally managed one day to discover the effectiveness and benefits  of fasting. To fast with only water for two or three days can do wonders for the emotional center. It feels good and even energizing to go from being chronically bloated from intestinal inflammation, to having that feeling of a tight core. Having an empty gut and tightening up the core of the body usually helps my posture too. The cost and result of me being a cyclical or a Round Idiot, is that I always returned to bad eating habits. Eating a lot of sugar makes me more prone to be reactive and expressing negativity.  Truth be known, I'm not completely free of all that either. Sometimes, I can still act either knowingly or unknowingly, like a real dick. 

I'm glad spring is here. The mild temperatures have inspired me to get more outdoor projects going.

Yesterday, God had me to add 1/2 glass of drinking water into the keyboard of my laptop. In just a few minutes, it all quit working. It was unresponsive and didn't want to work today either. So now I have one less working computer and I guess that's that. 

Being that I'm kind of a hermit anyway, my life is hardly any different than it was before the Corona virus hit.

Hameed Almaas has 17 excerpts about ego in his online glossary.  https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/ego   The following is one of the 17 which I found helpful.

Confusion About the Term "Ego"

Here we digress to point out a source of confusion about the term “ego.” Readers who know both the spiritual and psychological literatures will find the term freely used in both, but with no general agreement on what the term refers to. This ambiguity often leads to confusion. The literature on spiritual development, on essential or inner development, on all matters of religious concern, generally uses the term “ego” to mean something which is seen as the barrier to spiritual realization. The literature on depth psychology, however, uses the term with a very different meaning. The ego referred to by Freud, and which ego psychology studies, is not the ego which is the barrier to spiritual development. They are two different concepts. The psychoanalytic term “ego” refers, rather, to the functional self, which is the site, organizer, and coordinator of the functions of perception, memory, mobility, and so on. There is, however, a concept in depth psychology and ego psychology that coincides with the ego of spiritual literature: it is called the “ego-identity,” and is sometimes referred to as the sense of self, or the sense of identity. This sense of self or separate identity is the main concern of ego developmental theory. This identity is, in fact, the acme, the most important outcome of ego development. It is ultimately the organizing center of the psychic apparatus. This psychic apparatus includes as one of its units the Freudian ego. In other words, the Freudian ego is part of the mind, is a structure or a structured process in it, while the self is a sense of identity and a center of action. The exact sense in which the ego identity is a barrier to spiritual development will become clear in later chapters.

In addition to just the term ego, the Glossary has about 16 other entries concerning ego. Such as ego structures, ego boundries, ego death, ego development etc.,,, https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/alphabetical?alphabet=5 

Echart Tolle's homespun word -pain-body- is a handy word, at times, for discussion about ego. Especially when discussing the opposite end of the pole from that which is counter to ego inflation. Not certain but I'm pretty sure Echart Tolle coined that term.