Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,790 posts in this topic

IMG_0531.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Ive started watching this-

Removed the looney tunes Spiral Dynamics Coral meme video that was here.

Want no part of it.

I just enjoyed a short 10 minute one on Coral that I'll paste underneath. Don't let his quirky sense of humor drive you away in the beginning.,,, It gets better.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

The world values big personalities for the most part. This is upside down. What is real in us is essence. Essence can only grow at the expense of personality. If one is unable to become passive to ones own personality or to phrase it differently to make personality passive, one cannot transform. Personality blows hot air night and day. Personality and unprocessed emotional negativity hold back any growth of essence. Anyone can observe it in themselves and I observe it in myself. Whenever I blab away about something, I lose force.   A distinction can be made between blabbing away and expressing understanding. If I have the capacity to hold back and stay silent against the wishes of the personality, then there is room for essence to grow. Personality is inherently reactive. This morphs into the ability for spontaneous action when essence is developed instead of personality. Learning to spot inner considering in oneself can help one to reverse course away from personality. In the Work, the phrase false personality is often used synonymously with ego contrasted to the integrated True Self of essence or the Pearl beyond Price.

Personality/ego is reactive and identified. - contracted - hooked to time.

Essence/Being is capable of spontaneity from a position of mindfulness and unattachment. - open- free in space.

Another thing to notice in oneself when encountered over time. We have no startle response if we are fully present and awake. 

Embodiment and body awareness =       "A relaxed body is an honest body." - Red Hawk 

21 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Removed the looney tunes Spiral Dynamics Coral meme video that was here.

Want no part of it.

I fell asleep last night before I thought to remove the YouTube mentioned.  I'm going to out myself and call that expressing negative emotion. Not bad but kinda snippy. It's what I felt in my heart more than the words I used. This was laying in bed still half asleep that I made the comment and removed it. Later in the morning I examined my heart about this and then realized the negative terrain I had been in.

The guy in the YouTube really did go off the rails in the second tier descriptions. To the point of attributing evil intentions to some of those in these levels. Anyway,,,, enough said. 

This is why I say that have to wake up twice every morning. Not always but for the most part. I had blocked myself out of the deeper parts of the Belly center and never realized it earlier in life. As far as that goes there may be deeper layers still. Just over the course of the last year or two there's been an increase in the capacity of this center. I used to live in 1 or 2 Centered Awareness all the time for years. I'm not immune from getting knocked off balance and staying uncentered outside of 3 Centered Awareness all day. On a bad day,,,,  20 minute meditation about 30 minutes after I wake up is what works for me lately. And then another in early to mid afternoon. 

People who get startled are all in their head with little to no body awareness. Being anchored more deeply in the belly center allows the jack of spades, [the automatic part of the instinctive/belly center] to act more efficiently and catch something that is suddenly thrown at us. Without the involvement of the emotional center and the intellectual center. A more neurotic person may flinch or freeze. 

"If you could float above the earth and become aware of all the negativity going on, you would never laugh again. The world is ruled by negative emotions." - Ocke de Boer

if you know Ocke through reading his books, though, you'll then laugh because you'll be reminded of his unique sense of humor.

In being light hearted, we can undertake understanding heavy things.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:27 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:

Nonduality for Idiots

1+1= 2   Duality

2+1= 3   Nonduality

Working disembodied out of only the emotional and intellectual centers perpetuates dualistic thinking. 'Being stuck in our head'.

By grounding, thru sensation into the Physical body we can upgrade our system from an egoic operating system to a nondual operating system. In purifying the emotional center one begins to see with "the eye of the heart", as it's called when it begins to be used as an organ for spiritual perception. Our intuitive capacities begin to awaken. Negativity that is suppressed in the subconscious messes up our metaphysical transmitter. Until I clean a lot of the garbage out of the basement I'm going to keep on having flies. It can't be peaceful and quiet inside if there are thought/flies buzzing around everywhere.

Cynthia Bourgeault gets credit for the metaphors.

It took me a while to go back and find this post. I thought of it earlier so I felt compelled to bring it forward and add to it with what's below.                       

Recipe for Developing Unconditional Love ❤️

I tried to live it out more than once but always failed in these attempts eventually. There are probably rare individuals out there who can. I guess they would be called saints. Which brings to mind a great one liner. "Saints are the eaters of suffering."

I think most people are incapable of unconditional love just like me. One thing we are all capable of but don't always do it is practice forgiveness. Also making apologies to whoever appropriate after we violate our Conscience. The practice of not expressing negative emotions has really showed me how prevalent negativity is in our existence. I continually fail in this practice too. But persistence over the years has helped me see better. Forgiveness is a weird and funny thing when you think about it. Nothing really takes place. It just an inner psychological maneuver that leaves one feeling comparatively free of a heavy heart. This in itself is fairly good circumstantial evidence that Forgiveness is truly a nondual expression.

I can sometimes become passive to the wants of my ego more than I could years ago. I see the possibility in a formula given by Arnold Keyserling. A formula or recipe for becoming someone capable of unconditional love is to go for two years, which is the cycle of Mars, in not uttering a negative emotion. Anyone who can do this will no longer take anything in a negative way after all the 'cooking' that will take place in them during that two years. Maybe it could even be called a recipe for becoming a Saint and for realizing there are no evil people, only asleep or ignorant.

I can't claim this as fact but I've worked on my own reactivity long enough to realize how it could possibly be. Things point in that direction. 

I've started my two year timer over a lot in the last few years.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

6 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I can sometimes become passive to the wants of my ego more than I could years ago. I see the possibility in a formula given by Arnold Keyserling. A formula or recipe for becoming someone capable of unconditional love is to go for two years, which is the cycle of Mars, in not uttering a negative emotion. Anyone who can do this will no longer take anything in a negative way after all the 'cooking' that will take place in them during that two years. Maybe it could even be called a recipe for becoming a Saint and for realizing there are no evil people, only asleep or ignorant.

I can't claim this as fact but I've worked on my own reactivity long enough to realize how it could possibly be. Things point in that direction. 

I've started my two year timer over a lot in the last few years.

That was inspiring and beautiful to me!

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I may have spoke too soon. There are more disparities than I thought. This guy has a ton of videos like this.

i may step back away.

4 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I may have spoke too soon. There are more disparities than I thought. This guy has a ton of videos like this.

i may step back away.

where do you want to step away to? this guy doesn’t even show his face. it’s easy to criticize for a person who doesn’t believe in life. 

so do you step away from the content, in sense of distancing yourself?

find it pretty interesting as it is about pretty forward ego attack more then an attempt of an objective analysis i wonder how the talk about rationality makes emotionality rational? i also wonder how many ego attacks there are...generally speaking.

do you know any book in that direction?

so one is mimikri of ego another is trojanism, then there is cocooing, this one, mhh i don’t even know how to name it... cock fight? sure there is a better one.

have you ever seen a real coocoos nest? they are the most rare things on earth, every bird wants to ley their eggs there.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever The YouTube below is the one I watched yesterday. He seems like a  fairly reasonable person in it. Once I tap into his collection of podcasts though, I discover the guy seems to truly have an ax to grind. Says he doesn't want to debate any of it. He says he knows what he knows and that's the end of it.

1 hour ago, now is forever said:

so do you step away from the content, in sense of distancing yourself?

I step away from trying to resolve any disparities. Not just step away but run away. Like from a disturbed red wasp nest,,,

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

@Zigzag Idiot how does this match with not knowing? 

does he trigger you? because he has the zz as initials? it can’t be you though! as you are the zz-fool there is a difference in the thickness of lemonjuice you both applied on your face...

i also think playing with su us is not so clever.

Edited by now is forever

1 minute ago, now is forever said:

how does this match with not knowing?

Once I heard the worst kind of not knowing is thinking that one already knows. I find myself there quite often but try to allow for some gaps in my know-it-all bullshit so a prybar can be gotten in there.

6 minutes ago, now is forever said:

does he trigger you?

Yeah, a little bit last night when I dug into his collection.  I'm even-Steven this morning though,,, got other fish to fry. Maybe I'll put a little lemon juice on those,,,

5 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

i may step back away.

I was scared to click because it would be uncomfortable for me to learn discrediting information about Leo and have to stop taking his content seriously, but quickly found out that there is nothing to fear. This guy is mostly reacting emotionally and whining how he doesn't like the way Leo presents his ideas. "Who do you think you are to tell me this and that" and the like. Pretending not to hear Leo saying to not take anything on faith but verify for yourself. And then telling his listeners to 'learn from their own experience', like that's contradicting Leo (it's not).

Well, okay. I've certainly been there. For a guy at that level of thinking he's expressing his ideas in an okay manner. Everything has a place.

I'm even-Steven this morning though,,, got other fish to fry. Maybe I'll put a little lemon juice on those,,,

Sounds delicious!

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

5 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Once I heard the worst kind of not knowing is thinking that one already knows. I find myself there quite often but try to allow for some gaps in my know-it-all bullshit so a prybar can be gotten in there.

Yeah, a little bit last night when I dug into his collection.  I'm even-Steven this morning though,,, got other fish to fry. Maybe I'll put a little lemon juice on those,,,

the teflon attack!

@now is forever Time to bring out the Yoda teflon defense.

@now is forever Butter as well.

@Zigzag Idiot well that piece was in the fridge for some time... yes, mh what should i controll first? the pan? the oven? i know that for some while, i need to fry myself.

Edited by now is forever

You must learn control. I was just refering to myself. ?

The Pain body             Negative Emotion

Echart Tolle articulates it well and efficiently. This is the last half of an article by him. It's in all of our lives to some degree.

Its the forgetting side of the pendulum.

The pain-body is a semiautonomous energy-form that lives within most human beings, an entity made up of emotion. It has its own primitive intelligence, not unlike a cunning animal, and its intelligence is directed primarily at survival. Like all life-forms, it periodically needs to feed–to take in new energy–and the food it requires to replenish itself consists of energy that is compatible with its own, which is to say, energy that vibrates at a similar frequency. Any emotionally painful experience can be used as food by the pain-body.

That’s why it thrives on negative thinking as well as drama in relationships.

It may be shocking when you realize for the first time that there is something within you that periodically seeks emotional negativity, seeks unhappiness. you need even more awareness to see it in yourself than to recognize it in another person. Once the unhappiness has taken you over, not only do you not want an end to it, but you want to make others just as miserable as you are in order to feed on their negative reactions.

In most people, the pain-body has a dormant and an active stage. When it is dormant, you easily forget that you carry a heavy dark cloud or a dormant volcano inside you, depending on the energy field of your particular pain-body. How long it remains dormant varies from person to person: A few weeks is the most common, but it can be a few days or months. In rare cases the pain-body can lie in hibernation for years before it gets triggered by some event.

The pain-body awakens from its dormancy when it gets hungry, when it is time to replenish itself. Alternatively, it may get triggered by an event at any time. The pain-body that is ready to feed can use the most insignificant event as a trigger, something somebody says or does, or even a thought. If you live alone or there is nobody around at the time, the pain-body will feed on your thoughts. Suddenly, your thinking becomes deeply negative. You were most likely unaware that just prior to the influx of negative thinking a wave of emotion invaded your mind–as a dark and heavy mood, an anxiety or fiery anger. All thought is energy and the pain-body is now feeding on the energy of your thoughts. But it cannot feed on any thought. You don’t need to be particularly sensitive to notice that a positive thought has a totally different feeling-tone than a negative one. It is the same energy, but it vibrates at a different frequency. A happy, positive thought is indigestible to the pain-body. It can only feed on negative thoughts because only those thoughts are compatible with its own energy field.

If there are other people around, preferably your partner or a close family member, the pain-body will attempt to provoke them–push their buttons, as the expression goes–so it can feed on the ensuing drama. Pain-bodies love intimate relationships and families because that is where they get most of their food. It is hard to resist another person’s pain-body that is determined to draw you into a reaction. Instinctively it knows your weakest, most vulnerable points. If it doesn’t succeed the first time, it will try again and again. It is raw emotion looking for more emotion. The other person’s pain-body wants to awaken yours so that both pain-bodies can mutually energize each other.

Some people carry dense pain-bodies that are never completely dormant. They may be smiling and making polite conversation, but you do not need to be psychic to sense that seething ball of unhappy emotion in them just underneath the surface, waiting for the next event to react to, the next person to blame or confront, the next thing to be unhappy about. Their pain-bodies can never get enough, are always hungry.

Sometimes people with such dense pain-bodies become activists fighting for a cause. The cause may indeed be worthy, and they are sometimes successful at first in getting things done; however, the negative energy that flows into what they say and do and their unconscious need for enemies and conflict tend to generate increasing opposition to their cause. Usually they also end up creating enemies within their own organization, because wherever they go, they find reasons for feeling bad, and so their pain-body continues to find exactly what it is looking for.

There is a tendency in the news media in general, including television, to thrive on negative news. The popular tabloid press does not primarily sell news but negative emotion – food for the pain-body. The worse things get, the more excited the presenters become, and often the negative excitement is generated by the media itself. Pain-bodies just love it.

From:  https://mauihawaiitheworld.wordpress.com/2016/06/12/eckhart-tolle-the-pain-body-addiction-to-unhappiness/

Expressing negative emotions puts Leins and mortgages on one's awareness.