Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,791 posts in this topic

i sound like an asshole and a Zen Devil sometimes,,, I think. A strange combination of arrogance and humbleness so often found with people in this forum who take it upon themselves to give advice or encouragement of some kind 

Does my reply have that flavor? I ask for vote on this matter from anyone reading along. Especially moderators. I ask for brutal honesty

Vote

•            1)  It has the smell of Zen Devil
  •            2)  It was an appropriate response  
  •            3)  I'm annoying dealing with Asperger's/ insecurity psychological blindspot
  •            4)  I'm a genius and everyone loves me for the most part

.6B5D3690-02A8-49B0-9F91-C6106EA1B94F.jpeg 

Use your own language and tell it like you see it if so compelled.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Obviously no one has offered an opinion. That’s fine. I perhaps understand. Often times I find myself somewhat peeved at responses from others that seem to rather have a condescending tone. It’s simply not skillful means. I would like to stay away from that kind of one-ups-man-ship or holier-than -thou dialogue. I really do welcome blunt feedback on my communication skills,,,,

My I Ching reading for today was rather foreboding, yet there is most always hope and light to seen in the overall messages.

96F73AAF-D964-40DD-AA5C-F38E7DB4A141.jpeg

I appreciate both of your responses. 

Carlos Castaneda 

The place of no pity

= sham compassion

Tolle makes a statement here that is a good opener for a conversation.

Becoming aware of one’s own internal dialogue.  Then being disturbed by being unable to be free of it. That’s my experience of it anyhow. There’s a variation to it over the years. Becoming comfortable or at home with it has definitely been a part of the process. The ability to become free of it at will is a major threshold. 
Non-conceptual awareness or objectless awareness is a state of consciousness that comes about when the internal dialogue disappears and you are ‘present’ with 3 centered awareness. Relatively, peace and understanding arrive with witness consciousness. This state of consciousness is precarious. More so, the more one is subjected to the crazy world we live in. Internal dialogue can suddenly flood in onto the mind with its variety of possible effects. Self remembering then becomes an individual responsibility for sanity,,,,,

Tolle makes a statement here that is a good opener for a conversation.

Becoming aware of one’s own internal dialogue.  Then being disturbed by being unable to be free of it. That’s my experience of it anyhow. There’s a variation to it over the years. Becoming comfortable or at home with it has definitely been a part of the process. The ability to become free of it at will is a major threshold. 
Non-conceptual awareness or objectless awareness is a state of consciousness that comes about when the internal dialogue disappears and you are ‘present’ with 3 centered awareness. Relatively, peace and understanding arrive with witness consciousness. This state of consciousness is precarious. More so, the more one is subjected to the crazy world we live in. Internal dialogue can suddenly flood in onto the mind with its variety of possible effects. Self remembering then becomes an individual responsibility for sanity,,,,,

Political correctness is bullshit. I’ve seen the backlash that it helped create. But there is definitely a need to be REAL and also be considerate of others. I’ve put my foot in my mouth so many times that I appear as a complete hypocrite and truth be known, I am. But I’m not a hater. Wait a minute. I can’t say that either,,,, because I allow myself to fully feel my hatred at times. So that qualifies me as being a liar on top of everything else. 
We all have natural prejudices but can we honestly admit them and be open minded about their existence.
Now that I’ve dismantled my credibility once again. 

Regarding skillful means, Ken Wilber said “meet people where you find them.” That not always an easy thing to do.

On 1/23/2019 at 0:24 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

Working to maintain a space of inner quiet that's not affected by the world.

How often do we let thoughts trigger us and ruin our day?  Do you have a mind or does your mind have you? 

IMG_0239.JPG

Nicoll psychological commentaries page 683.

Have you got sufficient inner observation? Have you cleared and well dug a big space in your mind through the practice of inner attention and put a hedge round it and a gate so that you can hear the click of the gate and watch this darling little thought coming up the drive all ready to say: “Oh, how tired I am,” etc.? I fancy that once we let it in very far every thought gets hold of us and wrings us, takes our blood, makes us react, talk, behave, in a certain way, and then, satisfied with having dined off us, it retires for a time.

I'm rereading my journal. Reposting this favorite quote from Maurice Nicoll,,,,,

Wonderful interview with Ocke de boer.

Discusses the etheric body and what constitutes coating and cleansing of our higher centers,,,,,,

E77A3BBE-0A18-42AC-B9E9-636E2C4C2373.jpeg
My I-CHING reading from yesterday.

1313854E-C553-4614-8D3B-0B84DC564C9A.jpeg

Apropos of nothing.

Some refer to the armadillo as a “sport model possum “.

Forgiveness is the overlooked unpopular message

Bearing the unpleasant manifestations of others precedes the necessity for Forgiveness

It is an act of Mercy

Don't impose your Will on others

Mercy is the highest Law

Honestly observing Your own inability to exhibit Mercy time after time increases your 

degree of Being. It cooks you from inside out.

Thoughtful conversation regartding 'The Work', self Observation,,,,

I

Feel

LOVE  sometimes       I eat carbohydrates and chocolate ice cream every day.

I'm not above feeling hatred sometimes . It is there and then it goes away. I don't resist it. It is not me. Neither is Love.

They are states of consciousness that pervades my beingness.

Sometimes touches about everything.

Timelessness is experienced sometimes.

Words fail to go all the way around it.

Linguistic awareness is a step down,,, burdened with an inherent angst.

Three different categories of new technologies that have enormous capacity in their potential to violate personal privacy. These advances can improve productivty which cheapens cost basis of goods and services. We should not outlaw them through legislation but they damn sure need to be looked at very carefully in their uses. Hello ACLU!!! and other folks who are concerned about abuses by those in power. Whether in the private sector or some branches of government that do not have enough oversight,,,,,

Hello readers,

To start with. Whatever.., This communication will be most likely, non-sequitur. Most often, people are going to believe whatever they want to believe.

For the most part, I don't lie very well. I practice when I can though. You need to be a fairly decent liar to succeed in this crazy world. I'm not exactly innocent but neither am I a sociopath. Sometimes on accident it seems,,, I'm an excellent liar.  

I think my Journal is being read more by people who know me. From around my home town. They may be shocked or disturbed at some of the things I write. I often express with a lighthearted-ness that comes across as silly or extremely irresponsible at the expense of whatever credibility I have remaining. Having a Journal like this is, in itself fairly self-referential and can come across as self-absorbed or narcissistic. We're all narcissistic fundamentally. Being a mature person doesn't mean being overburdened with a constant display of false seriousness. Being rather unexpressive generally, my hyperbolic rhetoric sits in contrast to when I write. I'm often misunderstood. 

(This is 10 hours later and I'm correcting some typos. I have more to say but I'm unable to put it into words,,,,, I leave entries in this journal which are unflattering. This is an attempt towards a form of being authentic and it might make some people feel uncomfortable. My apologies for that. Most of us are insecure and crave acceptance or approval. I see it in myself and admitting it makes it less,,, Displaying vulnerability can sometimes invite aggressiveness from others. IMO Forgiveness and understanding go together with self acceptance.

Have a good day,,,

The Self of the Average Individual is Deeply and Fundamentally Narcissistic

Narcissism is a very general, basic element of ego life. The self of the average individual is deeply and fundamentally narcissistic. The complete resolution of narcissism will elude us until the achievement of self-realization. All that conventional psychotherapy can do is alleviate symptoms resulting from severe disturbances of narcissism, and, when successful, can help the individual to reach the level of the narcissism of everyday life. To proceed further and address this fundamental narcissism, only spiritual development will make a real difference. We also believe that understanding the spiritual nature of the self can help us to understand even the severe forms of narcissistic disturbance. This perspective can help us to see that we cannot separate our psychology from our spirituality, our psyche from our spirit, for we are fundamentally whole. Our self is one self, and cannot be dichotomized into a spiritual or “higher” self and a psychical or psychophysical self.

The Point of Existence, pg. 46

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
added commentary to express myself a little better

When you self observe. Do you observe attitudes of dismissiveness or superiority? Holding onto grudges or grievances with others? 

How about denying oneself the pleasures of life for no good reason? 

What about indulging in pleasures to the point of diminishing one's sovereignty over the animal self. Lack of discipline,,,

Understanding the difference between necessary suffering and unnecessary suffering? 

Necessary suffering = intentional suffering = conscious suffering = discipline

Unnecessary suffering = useless suffering = unconscious suffering = expressing negative emotions, indulging,,,

Do I observe the Zen devil parts of myself? The inner Pharisee,,, The Do-gooder,, The spiritual materialist,,, 

Does this high minded part of myself ever squarely encounter the part of me that's a complete slut.  What an odd couple they are in contrast,,,

Is that not a step towards a more full integration and individuation? 

Is it only my inner Pharisee that will express in some way about feelings of Love? Sometimes yes. But not always.

In other words, can my animal have innocence? The cultural ego will mostly say no. The cultural ego is usually more judgmental towards women than men.  Men have dominated in the Patriarchal age. Thinking dominating over feeling,,,

Look... the Proselytizer has overtaken the Observer ,,,, There "I" go. Or to be more exact, there goes my "I's",,,  This ship of fools,,,

IMO - This a good example of liberated red energy that Almaas speaks of in his work.

The Red Essence is the Quality that Will Keep Our Inquiry from Collapsing

So when the going gets tough and we start thinking, “I don’t know if I can continue this inquiry; it’s too difficult,” our true nature can manifest what is needed. In this case, it is the quality of our true nature that we call the Red latifa. It gives us the sense that “Yes, I can do it, I’ve got what it takes,” so we don’t feel overwhelmed and give up. The Red Essence is the quality that will keep our inquiry from collapsing. You have probably noticed that even when you’re not confronted by blocks or challenges to your inquiry, simply engaging this subtle process of observing your experience and investigating it requires energy. If you’re tired, it will be difficult to effectively engage the process; the most you can do is be aware of what you are experiencing. It takes energy to go beyond that basic awareness—to understand the truth that lies hidden within our experience. Inquiry takes a lot more energy than doing your job because it takes all of you, all of the capacities of your psyche. Even when you’re not tired and not avoiding difficult issues, you still need energy to inquire. You need energy in order to be open and interested enough to remain engaged with such a subtle process, to allow such a subtle capacity as our inner guidance to function. That’s why it is important to practice inquiry when you feel energetic and robust, when you have vitality. That is also why you need to live in such a way that you have sufficient energy for inquiry, just as would be needed for doing any other inner practice. So if you’re really serious about engaging this work, you need to conserve your energy and balance your life so that you can be effective in your inquiry.

Spacecruiser Inquiry, pg. 270

I was in my early forties when I had a major insight about the prevalence of my own projections upon others. From what I experienced, the more I see my own projections the more I see the projections and transferences of others. eve

One thing I need to work on is distinguishing transferences from projections,,,,

Everyone has a psychological blind spot. Everyone projects upon others. All actualizers at some point goes through a Zen Devil phase (spiritual materialist). I can almost hear the boo's and hisses,,,. Wait a minute,,, the things I just listed could be called projections!!  Face palm,