Paul5480

Why is there something rather than nothing?

41 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, now is forever said:

what did the no brain spit out? @non_nothing

Because I wanted, nothing is a subset feature of Self. Including the "something", and every "thing"

There is something. 
Is this true?

There is nothing.
Is this true?

The question presumes and/or believes that there is something and not nothing. The one asking the question believes it is something. It sees things,does things,hears things,thinks things,therefore it believes it is a thing. In order to continue to believe it is something,it needs something to exist in order to identify with. 
It can then say "there is nothing" . To say or believe there is nothing,is still believing there is something. Nothing, becomes another something to identify with and/or cling to. 
If there is neither something nor nothing,then there is just what is. That which cannot be said to be something nor nothing, neither this nor that.

Edited by who chit

Would you know if there was nothing? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

9 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Would you know if there was nothing? 

The only thing you can know with certainty is that you are. 

2 minutes ago, who chit said:

The only thing you can know with certainty is that you are. 

Out of an infinite possibility to not exist there must be a possibilty of existence too and here you are. If you didnt exist you wouldnt know. 

21 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Out of an infinite possibility to not exist there must be a possibilty of existence too and here you are. If you didnt exist you wouldnt know. 

Have you ever not,not existed?  Inquire into this.
Whatever you think or believe yourself to be,is what you are not. You are not a thing that has just come into existence for a brief while,and will fade out of existence. What exists has always existed,and has never not existed.

" here you are".
What I am,has always been here.

30 minutes ago, who chit said:

Have you ever not,not existed?  Inquire into this.
Whatever you think or believe yourself to be,is what you are not. You are not a thing that has just come into existence for a brief while,and will fade out of existence. What exists has always existed,and has never not existed.

" here you are".
What I am,has always been here.

I cant know if i have existed before since I have no memory of it. Did the ”dream characters” exist before the dream you had last night started? I just popped into this existence as far as I know, all else is hearsay but Im open to suggestions for something else, thats why were here right, ;)

18 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I cant know if i have existed before since I have no memory of it. Did the ”dream characters” exist before the dream you had last night started? I just popped into this existence as far as I know, all else is hearsay

love it <3 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

The "you" that is being referred to is not the individual,identity or person you think/believe you are.
What is being referred to is beyond body,mind,thought,or identity.

6 hours ago, non_nothing said:

Because I wanted, nothing is a subset feature of Self. Including the "something", and every "thing"

because i wanted nothing, everything is a subset feature including the quite something.

There is nothing, and there is something. Nothing is only possible in relation to something, something is only possible in relation to nothing.

If there wasn't anything, then that would include at least the rule that there is nothing, which would already be something. There is no magic rulebook in the sky, because that would be something outside of the everything, pointing at and defining the everything. If you go out far enough, you get to an everything that has to include *every thing*, including any rules (physics constants, metaphysics parameters etc) that describe existence. Eventually you get to the scale where the universe/multiverse/reality can only express itself in terms of itself. If there was nothing, that would be an everything that includes the rule that there is nothing, which would no longer be nothing. Since that's not possible, we're left with the other option which is an actual nothing, including no rules about there not being anything. That leaves no bounds on existence. Truly nothing, means no limitations, so there is everything.

Lol

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

1 minute ago, outlandish said:

There is nothing, and there is something. Nothing is only possible in relation to something, something is only possible in relation to nothing.

If there wasn't anything, then that would include at least the rule that there is nothing, which would already be something. There is no magic rulebook in the sky, because that would be something outside of the everything, pointing at and defining the everything. If you go out far enough, you get to an everything that has to include *every thing*, including any rules (physics constants, metaphysics parameters etc) that describe existence. Eventually you get to the scale where the universe/multiverse/reality can only express itself in terms of itself. If there was nothing, that would be an everything that includes the rule that there is nothing, which would no longer be nothing. Since that's not possible, we're left with the other option which is an actual nothing, including no rules about there not being anything. That leaves no bounds on existence. Truly nothing, means no limitations, so there is everything.

Lol

wow

that was a nice ride there . thanks 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Because God! :D Imagine a white paper, paint a blue dot on this paper. This blue dot is all of reality, everything. This dot is also alive, self-aware and conscious. That doesn't of course explain why there is God rather than no-God or where God came from, but God is eternal, God never came from anywhere or begin. The mind can't possibly grasp that.

35 minutes ago, tentacion said:

Because God! :D Imagine a white paper, paint a blue dot on this paper. This blue dot is all of reality, everything. This dot is also alive, self-aware and conscious. That doesn't of course explain why there is God rather than no-God or where God came from, but God is eternal, God never came from anywhere or begin. The mind can't possibly grasp that.

obviously it can, it just gets smudgy at the edges.

and why blue?

Edited by now is forever

9 minutes ago, now is forever said:

obviously it can, it just gets smudgy at the edges.

and why blue?

just the first colour that came to mind :P

16 hours ago, VioletFlame said:

Santa Clause is a fantastical devilish archetype, am I right?

I've said it once and I'll say it once more. Santa ==> Obvious anagram==> Satan.

The ego (Santa) proceeds to wear his hat like a cloak.

It is what you project onto him, but Santa Claus was Saint Nikolaus, a man who gave children gifts. But it's the archetype for the menstrual blood as well because Coca Cola made him red, initially he was dressed in blue cloak. Santa means saint in whatever language I'm not familiar with lol.

When I had ego attachments I did not get my period and I literally thought I was pregnant! When I killed off my ego and let go of all attachments, I immediately got my period which was late for 2 months now. I have a tumor on one of my ovaries but it's slowly healing because of all this Kundalini flow. I subconsciously held onto my period because I thought I was pregnant and I tried to protect the child (ego) subconsciously. The child was an illusion! Body and mind are one and it was the shittiest experience because I literally thought I had a miscarriage. Getting pregnant was my biggest fear, and I let the illusion go and now I'm free of neuroses. :) 

So girls, if your period is late, calm your ego down please. xD Just my two cents.

you know... when you think about it. It's such a weird question.

It's like asking why is there the universe rather than the universe. The answer comes when duality collapses and you realize its all one. In the experience you may logically understand the world is something, but you also realize it is happening in nothing. It's like a melting ice cube. all the somethings fade into nothing and nothing is fertile soil for something.