Paul5480

Why is there something rather than nothing?

41 posts in this topic

Is it pure magic with no possible explanation?

Consider, for a moment, that something=nothing. Of course, that couldn't make sense to a rational mind, but reality is irreducibly mystical.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Magic, yes. But if you want the real nitty gritty, 'it' is none of those words you've used. Or any of the words I've just used.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

Something came out of nothing and is also nothing...something like a hologram 

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

4 hours ago, Paul5480 said:

There is a very definite explanation.

But if you knew it, you'd cease to exist and be enlightened.

The ego-mind cannot answer that question because it requires the realization that ego-mind is a fiction. Which means you die at that precise moment.

So the cost of answering that question is your death.

Still want to know?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

in the realm of something, there is always something out there,

In the realm of nothing, there is always nothing out there.

Which one are you in right now?

1 hour ago, Winter said:

If what you said is true then what's the difference between enligtenment and suicide?

I dont know but enlightenment by suicide or death is the norm. Dying before you die is a cool trick.

57 minutes ago, Winter said:

Also how can you know that if you are still alive?

Please read carefully: Death = realization that ego-mind is a fiction. So you can still live.

57 minutes ago, Winter said:

How can you prove to yourself that it's not just a belief?

If by "that" you mean that ego-mind is fiction, you can only become aware of it. A belief would have to happen inside ego-mind.

But you can get your ego-mind to action by asking yourself the question: How can you prove that you are ego-mind, how can you prove that ego-mind even exists? Why do you think you exist? Why do you think you were born?

I'll give it a try...

In Truth, there is nothing, the something you are perceiving is an illusion, even the fact there is a perception is an illusion. There is just awareness, which your mind may respond, "but awareness is something." However, it can only be explained as such via language and the ego mind because awareness naturally IS, from the ego perspective, but in actuality it's not. A true answer would probably be silence, because the merging of inside and outside is when you truly come to realize nothing is expressed through stuff, but stuff you see is not what you think it is, because it is actually made of nothing.

so when you asking "why is there something rather than nothing." It's asking from a place of ego. ego sees something, but you are awareness, and awareness is nothing (quite literally), 

Maya or contents in awareness are fleeting with no substance, hence why there is truly nothing going on. This becomes pretty clear with psychedelics for me. 

Maya/the matrix/mind/ego is just that effective at creating the illusion. It feels real. 

It really helps if you look at life as a dream because thats literally what it is. 

Edited by SgtPepper

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is a very definite explanation.

But if you knew it, you'd cease to exist and be enlightened.

The ego-mind cannot answer that question because it requires the realization that ego-mind is a fiction. Which means you die at that precise moment.

So the cost of answering that question is your death.

Still want to know?

Yes. Still wanna know. 

I got my answer, but in case i'd be missing on something fundamental if I got it wrong. 

Can you explain?

48 minutes ago, Paul5480 said:

@Leo Gura

Are you dead?

Leo is a fantasy. Like Santa Clause.

It would be wise to stop believing in it.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Santa Clause is a fantastical devilish archetype, am I right?

I've said it once and I'll say it once more. Santa ==> Obvious anagram==> Satan.

The ego (Santa) proceeds to wear his hat like a cloak.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

1 hour ago, Angelite said:

Yes. Still wanna know. 

I got my answer, but in case i'd be missing on something fundamental if I got it wrong. 

Can you explain?

If it has to be explained, you don't got it. And no explanation will help you get it.

This is the most profound question you can possibly answer. You have no idea how significant the answer is. It will derail your whole life.

They call it rebirth for good reason.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If it has to be explained, you don't got it. And no explanation will help you get it.

Okay. I know you're gonna say that. Because it has to be experienced. I'm just gonna experience this life and beyond then. & apply what i've known.

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is the most profound question you can possibly answer. You have no idea how significant the answer is. It will derail your whole life.

They call it rebirth for good reason.

My guru had explained it to me. And I understand it. But in case if you had a different view from what I understand. 

But ok. I think I had understand it. 

It shouldn't be contradictory..

Edited by Angelite

I have a video planned on this exact topic so you'll be able to verify your understanding then.

But unless you've had a massive enlightenment you will not understand no matter how well it is explained.

Something is just an unpacked proportion of the nothing, from chaos form into the revealed, in the end all is all, even nothing is something and viceversa, cannot be grasped in notions, only experienced by the death of you. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have a video planned on this exact topic so you'll be able to verify your understanding then.

But unless you've had a massive enlightenment you will not understand no matter how well it is explained.

Okay:D

11 hours ago, Paul5480 said:

Both, something and nothing are mere habits of thinking in extremes. Actuality is in between.

11 hours ago, Paul5480 said:

Seeking explanations is cultivating the habits of thinking in extremes. In terms of liberation it is better to overcome these habits.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It would be wise to stop believing in it.

mh thats one of the difficult challenges to resolve! because the presents still are in the socks or underneath the christmas tree for most people - so what about not believing in the presents - but in the santa clause, that would be another solution.

i don’t get why we shouldn’t believe in phantasy anymore - just think of the neverending story the world will just be eaten up by nothing. 

Edited by now is forever