EricKlein

Water fast to cure depression

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm considering doing a 21 day water fast (supervised by someone with a lot of experience).

I've had major depression for the last few years, and 8 months ago I started taking antipsychotic medication which was supposed to help with depression. Apparently I had a bad reaction to the drugs, because they made me emotionally numb and basically a zombie. More on that in this thread: 

Even though I quit the medication about 2 months ago, the horrible effects haven't worn off yet.

I heard testimonials from people saying that a water fast completely transformed their lives, completely curing them of supposedly incurable illnesses.

Does anyone here have experience with these prolonged fasts? How likely is it to cure me?

Physically, I'm 100% healthy.

Thank you for your time.

@EricKlein What's your previous experience been with water fasting? How many days have you gone in a row?

I recommend you start off with something lighter, maybe 3-4 days of water/juice fasting. 
Look up "John Rose" on YouTube. He has good information about juicing.

I think this would be beneficial for you because it would be fasting as well as getting nutrients in from the juices you decide to make for yourself. 

I'm with @Sahil Pandit on this, train yourself up before you do something so drastic. Also, absolutely make sure your fast is supervised by a functional doctor or a naturopath. A starvation period like this is literally going to break you apart because of the protein deprivation. Some say that needs to be part of the healing process..perhaps if you have tumours all over your body or are suffering from severe autoimmune condition but for depression...I don't know. 

What does your diet look like? What about life fulfillment? Relatiionships? Career? 

Start off with detoxing your body first, only eat raw fruits and vegetables nuts and seeds for few weeks then cut down to only fruit/veggies then maybe only fruit or fruit and veggie juices/liquids only like Sahil mentioned then after a month or two or three wherever you feel most comfortable and ready and have the free time and space to yourself, go for the water fast with distilled water or purified water are best. If you experience any discomfort or dizziness, sprinkle some sea salt and or a small spoon of raw honey with your water and expose your body to some sunshine and stay bare foot on the earth will help balance energies and help the transition and healing go much more smoothly. The sun will also recharge you while the earth grounds you. You'd be surprised how much of a difference you notice when you no longer use food for energy.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

what about muscles when fasting? wouldn't your body just eat them and the fat you got?

If you are ever gonna fast longer than 5-7 days, you need it to be supervised. The ideal way is to go to a fasting center where they will provide you with the proper environment, care and needs for the best possible experience and healing. If you do it wrong it can be counterproductive. 

I recommend checking out the "TangleWood Wellness Center" in Costa Rica. Im gonna go there when I can afford it, but I have heard that that place is heaven on earth for people looking to change their lives with fasting

@Igor82 Not true, not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend when you can do it on your own. All you need is common sense and a good guide, book, adequate self-education and general understanding of how nature and the human body works. I myself have never been supervised and i know many others that are the same as well. If you get to know the self and become in-tune with yourself you don't need anything outside or to go anywhere or spend money for self healing.

B R E A T H E

Depression is something deep in your core, is a retention of energy a resistance of energy flow. 

Meditation and shadow work will help you better than fasting. 

Start with Colloidal Silver and Colloidal Gold to flush your system from pathogens and fragmentations in the cognitive parts of the body. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.