Max_V

Problem I have with Leo's content.

57 posts in this topic

The misconception about self-actualization is that it's about becoming someone. Self-actualization is about reducing suffering while maximizing enjoyment. Acceptance is a huge part of the practice. Accept who you are now, accept life as it is, but take action so you reduce suffering. When you do nothing you remain stuck. When you do too much or move too fast you become stressed and anxious and accomplish nothing. This is obviously suffering so this can't be it. When you learn to move at the right pace you experience peace, ease, and joy. The paradox is that when you aren't too attached to change, change actually occurs in small ways over time. Quick sand is a great analogy for self-actualization. Don't do nothing, but don't move too fast.

The stress & anxiety are being triggered by what you’re seeing, not created by what you’re seeing,  Look into yourself, embrace the suffering, don’t avoid it - that just expands & perpetuates it. Look out for these traps too...

I’m suffering, but it’s so that one day I’ll no longer suffer. 

Which is just like...

I’m not happy now, but it’s so that I’ll be happy one day. 

It may sound feel like a freight train is coming for you, but it’s not, it’s love, and it will clean you right out.  You were already suffering Max, personal development did not start the suffering. You were wise to look, keep looking within. Keep coming back to yourself. You are not suffering, you are that which is aware of the entire experience. Everything is fine when you think it is, and everything is fine while you think it’s not. “All is well” is not a variable, it is the truth. You gonna relax and allow? That’s the variable.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Max_V said:

Are you a better person when you become more conscious and live a 'self-actualized life?'

No, you are merely stripped of fantasies and childish hangups. You become more authentic.

It seem to me that self-actualization is an ideal and in the process of working towards that ideal you suffer every time you seem to go the other way.

Yes, seeking ideals is a big trap in this work. Eventually you're gonna have to surrender all of your ideals for the Truth.

Ultimately this work is not about becoming a great person or even being happy. It's about discovering what is life and how it works. When you get to the rock bottom of it your perspective on life will change so dramatically that you will even cease to think you were ever born.

If happiness comes, it will be a byproduct of a deep understanding how life works.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Strikr said:

no what bother me is your bs ?

If it bothers you, don't read it.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

2 minutes ago, Strikr said:

when you'll start using your mouth instead of your butt, I'll promise.

So, you'll stop reading my "bs" when I use my mouth instead... meaning that you want to continue reading my "bs" if it's coming from my butt.

That's a very confusing insult... xD 

Well, at any rate, I'm sorry that I bother you so much. Maybe you should just focus more on what you're doing, instead of being so wrapped up in what I'm doing.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Hey now, can't we all just get along? ?

I thought this forum was supposed to be about emotional support & inspirational guidance not an egosystem of eager monkey nitpicking & troll gratification. What's even the point of trolling anyway?

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

The user got a time-out. Let’s let the dust settle and move onward. . . 

2 minutes ago, VioletFlame said:

What's even the point of trolling anyway?

Image validation of course :)

@Max_V you learn the most by exploring yourself in depth. Really all you need to figure out is this problem of self understanding with the burden of the obsever making a muck out of the fact. 

Take some time off the forum dude. Learn about you?

5 minutes ago, VioletFlame said:

Hey now, can't we all just get along? ?

I thought this forum was supposed to be about emotional support & inspirational guidance not an egosystem of eager monkey nitpicking & troll gratification. What's even the point of trolling anyway?

I generally agree. I do try to keep the peace where I can.

But I was always a bad one in the past to let people go over my boundaries unchecked and not stand up for myself.

So, in recent years, if someone directly disrespects me, I will push back on them a bit and maybe clown on them a little bit. It's a bit of shadow work for me, as I get to be a bit more confrontational.

And Strikr had made some not so nice comments to me before that I ignored. So, I figured since this is a continuation of that, that it was appropriate to put him in check.  

Emotionalmastery.org

8 hours ago, Max_V said:

Lately, I feel a sort of stress and anxiety when I watch Actualized.org content.

What do you guys think about this?

Yeah I also have this a little bit. I think it comes from his tonality. Its a bit shrill doesnt sound harmonious :)

Feel like its getting better tho, but thats maybe just because he had a cold...

1 minute ago, Winter said:

I feel like you are helping him by pushing back. If someone is getting mad at something someone else said then that first person has some personal problems to dig there. There's nothing I can say to a (fully) enlightened person that will make them angry.

If one day I'm disrespectful I'd rather be put back in place with truth than be ignored for the sake the peace.

I believe evil doesn't exist, someone disrespectful is just someone lost. And that person deserve truth as much as anyone else.

So I fully approve what you did and I think spreading truth, even if it receiver gets in tears or anger is more valuable than spreading peace by leaving the lost person in his problems.

Thanks. :) 

Although, I noticed earlier that he was doing it to someone else in another thread. So, he may just be a troll that goes around randomly trying to stir the pot. My interpretation is that his attack was pointed toward me specifically, as he had done it before and wasn't doing it to anyone else at the time. 

So, I may have been mistaken and just given him what he wants if he's just a troll, which sucks if I fed into that trolling.

But either way, it's a good practice for me in terms of reacting when someone is challenging or disrespecting me. 

Emotionalmastery.org

The majority here are in disharmony, you are picking the energies, don't worry, project the Heart. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I wanna make a point and I don’t want it to come off as pretentious.  This is not directed to anyone in particular.  Have you ever considered that there might be more than one right answer to doing personal development work?  Why does there need to be this ‘my answer is the answer’?  I notice that tone.  Look, whatever works for you is best.  It’s not what is the right answer, it’s what is my right answer.  Not only do we wanna have my right answer but we wanna universalize that as the right answer, which if you think about it is pretty pretentious at worst and irrelevant at best.   Each person has to find their own answer and their own path.  I don’t even assume that my path is like anybody else’s path.  That’s totally irrelevant to me.  What I’m concerned about are my problems and solutions to my problems.  And I’m not like everybody else, nor do I want to be.  So, for me, personal development work is gonna be a very custom thing.  To the extent that others can be influenced by my work, great.  But the assumption of my teaching (to the extent that I am a teacher) is always getting you to find your own path rather than dictating a path to you.  This work is all about thinking for yourself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

15 hours ago, Emerald said:

Do my long posts bother you?

@Emerald don't you dare to stop with those!! :D I love reading your responses, gives so much clarity in a very simplified way

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus